Puntlanders living and loving life in Mogadishu

Teflon

Inactive
VIP
this thread will be moved to the political forum in
giphy.gif

Although my parents were born in Puntland, they were raised in Muqdisho as most urban people at that time. My parents talk about how much they love xamar and the memories they had there.

Although my parents were born in Puntland, they were raised in Muqdisho as most urban people at that time. My parents talk about how much they love xamar and the memories they had there.
InshaAllah it will soon be better then they remember it :it0tdo8: I hope all of our parents can retire back home.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Am not from xamar and my family are not originally from their however my dad worked in xamar airport for 20 years the city belongs to all of us

@embarassing
At 7:18 he talks about Somalia
"Somali voters will elect the president through direct ballot" do you think this is possible with the way muqdisho is at the moment and all the other issues facing Somalia?

It is possible if they secure voting stations in major towns throughout the country
There has not been any voting registration, no one knows how many voters to expect nor does the security of the country allow this. To be honest it is irrational to think that this can be done in less than a year.

There has not been any voting registration, no one knows how many voters to expect nor does the security of the country allow this. To be honest it is irrational to think that this can be done in less than a year.
Im just saying its possible, if the govt really wants to do it in a year.

Im just saying its possible, if the govt really wants to do it in a year.
:farmajoyaab:
I don't think it is possible. The security is a major factor and how do you deal with somaliland, I don't think they'll be interested. It's too soon to expect voting to take place especially within a year highly unlikely

:farmajoyaab:
I don't think it is possible. The security is a major factor and how do you deal with somaliland, I don't think they'll be interested. It's too soon to expect voting to take place especially within a year highly unlikely
I think the viable route is one man, one vote on regional level. The elected representatives of each region then vote for the president. This is more organic and implementable.

I think the viable route is one man, one vote on regional level. The elected representatives of each region then vote for the president. This is more organic and implementable.
:yacadiim:
That could work with some regions (north) but in the south with al shaydan I don't think it can work

Trending

Latest posts