Puntland State Education Updates

Manzana

𐒖 𐒚𐒒𐒘𐒂𐒗𐒆 𐒖𐒒𐒆 𐒈𐒂𐒇𐒙𐒒𐒌 𐒁𐒚𐒒𐒂. PIM.
Puntland’s East Africa University Medical School Graduate (class of 2018) who did her internship at Garowe General Hospital, gets registered in UK’s General Medical Council with a full license to practice Medicine. Congrats to the Dhaktarada! I wish her all the best in her future endeavors.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Puntland’s East Africa University Medical School Graduate (class of 2018) who did her internship at Garowe General Hospital, gets registered in UK’s General Medical Council with a full license to practice Medicine. Congrats to the Dhaktarada! I wish her all the best in her future endeavors.
I happy for her. This prove puntland education in high standards.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I support this investment. After PL students finish their primary/secondary schooling, they can go straight to develop technical skills like electrician, plumbing, construction, and other trades and eventually develop a career from their skills.

This investment is going to broaden puntland labor force to have technical base not just professional skills from university. Why wait for a office job when you can become a contractor and run your own sole trading company as plumber, electrician, landscaper. Puntland is in need of landscapers so we can create beautiful city that is town planned well.

We need more hospitality students, concreters, painters, stonemasons, I hope the skills taught here will be relevant to the market needs. Why teach skills that is not available in the market.

Last edited:
In total, I believe there are 22 Vocational Colleges in Puntland.

This was a meeting between the education ministry and 5 of these vocational Colleges to improve the policy.

Puntland understands that we need to move towards Vocational Schools and eliminate nonsensical degrees that lead to unemployment.

East Africa University is training 2500 Students in Qardho using online courses which have been translated to Af-Soomaali. The following courses will be provided:

1. Primary School Teaching
  2. Computer Science
  3. Community Health
  4. Business Administration & Entrepreneurship

Qardho will get a new Technical Academy (Nada Academy and Technical College)

252698123_1282701718810012_3060175054882730729_n-jpg.205833