BREAKING NEWS Puntland sentences 4 Al-Shabaab terrorists to death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst. #PIM
VIP
These are the qashin that kill people on the streets, you will think they are kids just playing soccer than they will come behind you and put a bullet in your head. Or kill you coming out of masjid and just run away. Ileen waa ciyalka xafaada. They know all the luuqs

Shouldn’t be killing kids, no matter the excuse.

No where in Somalia is someone guaranteed a fair trial. Defence lawyers are next to non-existent and expensive/incompetent if they exist. There is no jury and most of the judges are senile or allied to the government.

So for all you know, those could be innocent children. But most likely they aren’t and still don’t deserve a life cut short by a bullet.
Although I absolutely get where you're coming from, I'm a little bit more conflicted on this one.

On the one hand I believe in a zero tolerance policy towards terrorists and can appreciate why PL would take a hard line stance here.
On the other hand it is difficult seeing the pictures of these kids and thinking back to how impressionable I was at 18 let alone at 12-16, and not feel guilty at cutting short a very young and impoverished life.
With all that said, I don't envy those that had to make the decision here. A judgment in either direction is a very tough one to make.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

No where in Somalia is someone guaranteed a fair trial. Defence lawyers are next to non-existent and expensive/incompetent if they exist. There is no jury and most of the judges are senile or allied to the government.

So for all you know, those could be innocent children. But most likely they aren’t and still don’t deserve a life cut short by a bullet.
Usually minority clans children are executed as a scapegoat, I highly doubt these children were guilty, i hope Amnesty International is watching. I will personally report this incident to Save The Children Foundation.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Although I absolutely get where you're coming from, I'm a little bit more conflicted on this one.

On the one hand I believe in a zero tolerance policy towards terrorists and can appreciate why PL would take a hard line stance here.
On the other hand it is difficult seeing the pictures of these kids and thinking back to how impressionable I was at 18 let alone at 12-16, and not feel guilty at cutting short a very young and impoverished life.
With all that said, I don't envy those that had to make the decision here. A judgment in either direction is a very tough one to make.

Zero tolerance towards terrorists is well and good if you have a strong enough legal system to prevent wrongful convictions.

In my opinion, nearly every country in Africa has a shambolic legal system. The West themselves admit their one is inadequate.

Therefore, we have to realise that many of the people being executed may very well be innocent. Then you have to come terms with whether your conscience is okay with that.

I don’t think the judges believed their choice was difficult. There probably wasn’t a defence lawyer or even a jury or even sworn witnesses that saw the crime take place. Plus they probably were not unbiased.

Zero tolerance towards terrorists is well and good if you have a strong enough legal system to prevent wrongful convictions.

In my opinion, nearly every country in Africa has a shambolic legal system. The West themselves admit their one is inadequate.

Therefore, we have to realise that many of the people being executed may very well be innocent. Then you have to come terms with whether your conscience is okay with that.

I don’t think the judges believed their choice was difficult. There probably wasn’t a defence lawyer or even a jury or even sworn witnesses that saw the crime take place. Plus they probably were not unbiased.
You make a lot of very good points. Hard to disagree with anything you wrote

You're right, my point was largely philosophical in nature and didn't reflect the reality of people's biases and politics. Neither did it take into account our people's impulsive nature that typically does not carefully consider all the relevant factors and or evidence.

4cryingoutloud

Puntland republic 🇸🇱
Usually minority clans children are executed as a scapegoat, I highly doubt these children were guilty, i hope Amnesty International is watching. I will personally report this incident to Save The Children Foundation.
Worry about the droughts in Gedo

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
You make a lot of very good points. Hard to disagree with anything you wrote

You're right, my point was largely philosophical in nature and didn't reflect the reality of people's biases and politics. Neither did it take into account our people's impulsive nature that typically does not carefully consider all the relevant factors and or evidence.

I completely understood what you said. If you or I were in the position of the judges, we would have a very difficult decision on our hands.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

“defense lawyers “ :deadrose: :damn:

Two things you never wanna happen to you whilst in Somalia. One! If you get real sickness. God help you!
2! Be accused of a crime.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
On one hand I do not believe in capital punishment but on the other hand, I have not lost any family members to assassins like their innocent victims. I am sure no one in Puntland is happy with the outcome but their hands were tied, I wish those young men made better choices. so sad.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
It depends, if they willingly went out there way to become terrorist and kill then they deserved to be executed. If they didn’t have a choice and we’re forced then this completely wrong and disturbing. But there’s no way to find out since it’s always he say she say in Somalia.

On one hand I do not believe in capital punishment but on the other hand, I have not lost any family members to assassins like their innocent victims. I am sure no one in Puntland is happy with the outcome but their hands were tied, I wish those young men made better choices. so sad.
Are you a gaal ? Allah clearly mentions capital punishment in Surah baqarah of the Quran

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Gaas ex PL president did that before and he put them in rehab and later sent them to south somalia, after few years they came back to PL as terriorst!!.
So he wasted all that rehabilitation when he sent them to the south. It is like sending a nacro straight away from rehab to drug factory and telling to stay there.
He should kept them somewhere

Apollo

VIP
Based and red pilled.

Only harshness can make Somali regions stable.

Enough with this softy human rights bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.