Puntland says the FG can't sign oil deal

Punland has been complaining endlessly for the past decade and no admin whether it be FS or SFG ever listened to them, I suggest they stop the empty calacaal and show some backbone and do something for once!

Crying wolf everytime is unbecoming.

Last edited:

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
The only confirmed Shidaal is in Jubbaland and maybe offshore Banaadir no?

If anyone, it should be Jubbaland protesting?

Let deals be made, it takes time b4 sht is actually extracted and I'm afraid oil prices aren't always gonna be this high

Hopefully the election is concluded..nothing more annoying than a dowlad goboleed saying 'dowlada waqtigeeda damaatay'..

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Punland has been complaining endlessly for the past decade and no admin whether it be FS or SFG ever listened to them, I suggest they stop the empty calacaal and show some backbone and do something for once!

Puntland is speaking on its own behalf. It’s amusing to see someone whose relatives are being protected from his other relatives (by Puntland troops no less) so ungrateful. Farmaajo has his hand so far up your ass you sound like a N&N bot.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
The only confirmed Shidaal is in Jubbaland and maybe offshore Banaadir no?

If anyone, it should be Jubbaland protesting?

Let deals be made, it takes time b4 sht is actually extracted and I'm afraid oil prices aren't always gonna be this high

Hopefully the election is concluded..nothing more annoying than a dowlad goboleed saying 'dowlada waqtigeeda damaatay'..

No deals will be made on our behalf by a government whose term and mandate is over.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP

It seems you have fish memory, didnt PL last year said to your uncle qorqor f*ck off, no elections will implement without PL model.

Your baby state need 20 years to reach PL. Free your land from Alkabab as first step then come talk to us.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Puntland is speaking on its own behalf. It’s amusing to see someone whose relatives are being protected from his other relatives (by Puntland troops no less) so ungrateful. Farmaajo has his hand so far up your ass you sound like a N&N bot.
He his just envy how PL has this power :gaasdrink: .

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
@rocktheboat305 Somalia should in 2022 be like where the UAE was in 1972 and develop ourselves in the same way as a quasi confederation of regional states. Let the FMS have 99% of the governing powers and finances
Hawiya will not accept cause they kill other Somalis for Xamar. Imagine wealth been equal to all states, xamar qaajo will have none. :tocry:

Taliso

Nin aan cilay ba I cayaa.
VIP
:dead:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@rocktheboat305 Somalia should in 2022 be like where the UAE was in 1972 and develop ourselves in the same way as a quasi confederation of regional states. Let the FMS have 99% of the governing powers and finances

Somalia is a federal country and will remain so god willing.

Confederalism doesn’t work. Stop peddling pipe dreams.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
What works for the UAE should work for us too bro. They too have qabiils

The UAEs model only works for two reasons.

1. Emiratis are small in number. They are a minority in their country. Their identity as Emiratis comes first.

2. Their government essentially pampers their citizens in order to keep them happy. Their Emir forgave every Emiratis home loan cos he felt like it once. These actions are done to keep them away from politics or even arguing.

Somalia, even with oil money, will never have the money to bank roll its population to point of complacency. Our population is too large.

Furthermore, we are the majority ethnicity in Somalia by a long shot.

Do you think Somalis would focus on qabiil if they comprised less than 10 percent of their population??

I hope this is the end of you mentioning UAE again.

@Periplus let's face facts here the FMS collectively calls the shots in Somalia not the FGS so isn't it time we have a different system of vertical governance to reflect this reality. I'm happy to no longer mention the UAE if that makes you happy but for me they have the best designed political system for us to copy (we'll ignore their undemocratic and monarchical traits)

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Periplus let's face facts here the FMS collectively calls the shots in Somalia not the FGS so isn't it time we have a different system of vertical governance to reflect this reality. I'm happy to no longer mention the UAE if that makes you happy but for me they have the best designed political system for us to copy (we'll ignore their undemocratic and monarchical traits)

Obviously the status quo in Somalia is different than I would like.

However, if the question is: Do Somalis want to prosper?

Then the answer is adopting modern federalism.

The most successful nations on earth are federal.

@Periplus we have a severe trust deficit that'll take decades to overcome. No way we'll see an ultimately dominant central government in the meantime so let's try something new instead of accepting this status quo

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Periplus we have a severe trust deficit that'll take decades to overcome. No way we'll see an ultimately dominant central government in the meantime so let's try something new instead of accepting this status quo

Somalia’s development is tied to how we conduct ourselves politically.

If you want Somalia to remain an underdeveloped African country for decades while we learn to “trust each other again”, feel free.

But those that want meaningful change should know we have to start ripping bandaids if we want to succeed.

Look at where “qabiil” and “tradition” has got us. We need to throw out the book and try stuff that will offend qabiils rather than accomodate them.

@Periplus you are right logically and morally but I am pessimistic about clan no longer being the absolute centre of our lives which everything revolves around in the medium term. If you want a supreme federal government let's make the state leaders take leadership of the FGS themselves eg the national president is head of one FMS simultaneously, another FMS head is at the same time the federal prime minister

Trending