Puntland Pictures & Videos

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Garowe has this nature park, but I think it's only 'seasonal' maybe someone who has been there can comment.

141644634_729968034560457_7191417397309513593_n.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Bosaso is the only city worthy of mention for density, look how many dabaqs exist, not even a 1/10th of dabaqs exist in Somaliland or even Mogadishu. Nearly every sq km has 3-4 storey building. Somalis think density means having many buildings, it's not. It's the type of building that counts for density.

149751727_286845712783512_3339894470548851309_n.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
139420521_268289237972493_3956374537737397161_n.jpg

Every god damn town needs to have local government building, civil society, diaspora/local development fund. This is basic requirements, horta markad idinku isku timadan qorsho iyo dhaqaale, markas dawlada puntland iyo calamka ayaa wax waydin kartan, but untill we see you 'crawl' first, don't ask anyone else to help you walk. Iskaga wax gabso is the best policy.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@sincity one thing I don't like about Somalia in general is the lack of project management philosophy. They fail to provide schedule and daily/weekly/monthly reporting mechanism and an 'end date' of the project.

If they fail to justify their projects against a scope-time-cost, diaspora and even locals are unlikely to contribute to a project that lacks any nidaam. So that is the problem i've seen in Somalia in general, they hold lots of meetings about projects but very few of those meetings turn into real specific and measurable projects that is monitored by an implementation agency through-out the lifecycle, mile-stones, scope, time, cost.

They really need a regional project management team that can manage and monitor all projects in puntland and provide locals/diaspora updates regularly where it's at.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's good to mention this. Garowe is getting road drainage of this type

It's called a U Drain

i. Construction of a storm water drainage system comprising Box β€˜U’ drain (approx. length 12.48 km).

. Not to mention the garowe town center is going to get some bad ass side walks. If the local government focuses on infrastructure and the residents and diaspora will focus on the private sector, we got ourselves a great team of public/private partnership happening. It's infrastructure that makes a city great and I hope all puntland cities follow in the same route of Garowe by focusing on infrastructure.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Where are you @sincity that baby is 12..48 km drainage system for 'Garowe'. I thought you would comment or at least give a like that the whole city is going to get a u-train. I am waiting for @FBIsomalia also to comment on this development.

Trending