Puntland Pictures & Videos

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The issue with Puntland is that it has immense potential for tourism and business but its cities except for Garowe are ill-equipped.

Take Bosasso for example, there are hardly any dual-carriageway roads and little urban planning. The main road in the city is one lane causing immense traffic. To expand any road in Bosasso, you would have to demolish buildings some of whom are owned by massive business or would cost a lot in real estate value to demolish.

The port also, is in the busiest and oldest part of the city and cannot be expanded without massive demolition work of hotels, warehouses and businesses. From what I remember, only the airport in Bosasso had room for expansion as it was far out of the city.

Garowe however, is well planned throughout except for the city centre but don't get me started on Galkacyo.

MURCANYO/MURANYO BARI, PUNTLAND

Screenshot 2021-02-07 at 23.50.40.png
Screenshot 2021-02-07 at 23.50.49.png
Screenshot 2021-02-07 at 23.50.58.png
Screenshot 2021-02-07 at 23.51.06.png

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
All these Puntland villages that are unknown to us would be classified as major towns in SL, isn't that right @TabK @Gucci mane @Gadhwayne cuz SL has no villages except ghost towns on satellites.

We didn't even list these villages in UNFPA census while SL listed 1000 villages and their all sands and rocks nothing else.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Observations

• Garowe is so clean and well-designed Masha'Allah. Cleanliness is part of our faith, so I love that our capital embodies this concept.
  • Garowe has so much space, they should do something about people having empty plots for god knows how long. The city is designed so beautifully that it should be completely built up.
  • Another thing you'll notice is how easy it is to greenify the city, look at those compounds surrounded by greenery. Garowe should find a way to make people plant in their gardens.

I would implement a 'tree tax', any home or neighborhood without a trees or parks will be given a 'green tax' for not following the local government policy, this also rewards the houses who did follow the government policy by lessening their tax burden. We need real government enforcement of greening up puntland rather then just relying on the good will of the resident. If your property lacks 2-3 trees or garden space, u will incur a $200-300 fine yearly and that will increase our local government revenue who can then plant other areas of the city with the increased funds from the 'tree tax'. Let's enforce this policy for 5 years and u will see all garowe and all puntland greened up quickly.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I would advise the mayors of each town in PL that the following neighborhood requirements need to be met within 5 years, for each year it isn't met, an increased tax will be applied to the neighborhood untill they meet it. The requirements I would set include;

1. Each neighborhood needs to have trees and a small park for kids and adults. If this isn't met within 5 years, each year their will be an increased tax of $200-300 a year on each home within the neighborhood failing to comply.

2. Each neighborhood has to organize funds from it's residents on building lane-ways or roads, the requirement will be brick lane-way, they must pay for the bricks each house their portion. The equipment to build the lane-way or road will be provided by the local government or if a town lacks the equipment, they can hire it from another town who does have the equipment.

3. Each neighborhood will need to have sanitation plan of each week taking people rubbish to an allocated area designated by the local government.

4. Each neighborhood has to have a security and development council for it's area, any issues surrounding development and security, the owner and management of it is with the neighborhood council. Each neighborhood needs to have a police station, primary/secondary school, park, a lane-way or road, and finally each home has a tree or garden planted as a bare minimum.

My final warning to residents in each neighborhood in puntlanad is, it's unfair some residents are complying to develop their neighborhood which will increase their house value while others are not adding any development to their neighborhood. Is-ababuula ayaan oran laha, this law will be passed as a puntland wide law and any neighborhood not complying each year will incur a tax of $200-300 per house.

The only way to enforce development is thru the use of taxation penalty or else these people will not develop their neighborhood. I hope to visit puntland in the future and enter each city where each neighborhood 'nidaam' haysta for development and security and local mayor is enforcing a taxation increase to areas which fail to meet the development and security guideline.

This program needs to be given a time-frame of 5 years and each year there needs to be a review done to assess how much has been completed on percentage scale. I would be the best president in Puntland as the puntites wud see all neighborhoods following the same development and security code and basic town plan standards.

I would instruct all my mayors and governors to begin town plan fund raising each year from diaspora/locals of each neighborhood so we create a development fund for each city on urgent issues that need to be addressed such as primary/secondary roads, side-walks, drainage, residential street and house numbering, parks. I would ensure all my mayors and governors are on-board as this will be a puntland regional development code and each city or town or village will need to comply or else face heavy 'fines' and 'taxation increases' for non compliance.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We need to relax with posting photos of how great puntland is and start brain-storming ideas to make Puntland even greater, we need to identify areas that need urgent attention or improvement. I know the following areas need urgent attention. I love the photos don't get me wrong, but I prefer to see ideas from Puntites on areas we need to address, as we know development isn't a closed book but an open living document which each generation needs to add towards.

1. Major dual-carriage roads and secondary roads like lane-ways in each neighborhood.
1. Side-walks
2. Sanitation and Garbage issues
3. Centralized Drainage for each town
4. Centralized Sewage system for each town
5. Trees and open parks in each town or neighborhood
6. Primary/secondary schools in each neighborhood
7. Police station for each neighborhood
8. Development and Security committee to manage and monitor security development goals over 5 years and report back to the mayor
9. Puntland President given a briefing each year on what has been achieved by local governments and what is left to be achieved.
10. Implementation agency that is separate from government as an independent agency that strictly monitors all projects completed each year across puntland and consisting of civil society members.

Trending