Status
Not open for further replies.
xoosh-puntland-barlaman-5.jpg

IMG_7930.jpg

IMG_7939.jpg

IMG_7944.jpg

IMG_7910.jpg

IMG_7783.jpg

Some of the UN Funded Projects under the UNDP newly established Somalia UN MPTF (Multi-Partner Trust Fund) in conjunction with the SDRF (Somali Developnent and and Reconstruction Facility) that pools funds from multi partner agencies such as the UN, World Bank and African Development Bank include:

Refurbishment of the Puntland House of Representatives plenary hall has been completed. The handover ceremony
is planned for the second quarter when Parliament will be in session.

The construction of Secretariat building for South West State Assembly was completed; it consists of six offices, one committee-meeting hall and a library.

The first library in its history was constructed for Somaliland House of Representative where UNDP Parliamentary
Support Project has equipped furniture and books will be provided during the second quarter. This will enable the
MPs and staff to improve performance of their functions, especially improving research.

Newly established Upper House, the emerging state assemblies of South West and Hirshabelle have been supported
by providing office equipment, furniture, IT equipment and security related equipment.

In addition, NFP and South West State Assembly have also been equipped with power generators for smooth functioning of the Secretariat.

Parliamentary websites serve as important ways for citizens to learn about their parliament, access to legislation
records and communicate with their local MPs. In that regard, UNDP Parliamentary Support Project supported the
emerging states to develop websites. So far, Galmudug State Assembly went live last year and Jubaland State
Assembly official website went online in February 2017 and it can be accessed at.
http://www.jubbalandstateassembly.so/. The other state assemblies are set to go online in Quarter 2.

Project supported the security upgrades of Jubaland State Assembly with construction of four concrete watchtowers
and installed two new gates. With the strengthened security of the parliament, the MPs will be able to work in a
conducive environment where they can serve their constituents more effectively.

UN-MPTF UNDP's Parliamentary Suport Project (PSP) also include a security perimeter fence for the National Federal Parliament NFP as well as the houses of representatives for Somaliland and Puntland.

Capacity building support provided to the NFP Upper House, Somaliland HoR, Puntland HoR and the regional
assemblies with provision of Furniture, CT equipment (computers, laptops, printers, photocopier, network
accessories etc.) and security related equipment (walk through gates, hand metal detectors and Mirrors for the
vehicle screening).

In Somaliland, the House of Representative established its first functioning parliamentary
library with project support for MPs and the public to do research on pertinent issues in legislative process.

The refurbishment of Puntland House of Representative has been completed which is an important step to improve the
quality of parliamentary debate.

Upgrades to the Jubaland State Assembly have been completed, and its official
website went online in February 2017 at. http://www.jubbalandstateassembly.so/.

The Secretariat office building for Southwest State Assembly consisting of six offices, one library and a committee meeting room was recently completed and handover is expected in Quarter 2.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Somali houses are always coloured white ? Why can't they be stone houses and why are windows always shaped as domes, someone fire the architecture he's doing the same generic houses replicated a thousand times over, where is the modern twist ? Can we not have a glass structured complex ?

Eternal I guess poor countries don't have a choice as it is not their funds but allocated for development and reconstruction projects as funds are tight there is also a value for money issue as the equipments and furnitures are sourced and some purchased from inside Somalia itself to help the economy grow.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Eternal I guess poor countries don't have a choice as it is not their funds but allocated for development and reconstruction projects as funds are tight there is also a value for money issue as the equipments and furnitures are sourced and some purchased from Somalia itself to help the economy grow.
Hmmm I don't like it if I was an architect I would bulldoze it and start again, I went to garowe for holiday the houses didn't have the imagination or the awe. The bloody roads were nightmare I couldn't walk and relied on a trusty 4*4 to get around the whole city. The money is corrupted away instead of being bought into the infrastructure.

Somali houses are always coloured white ? Why can't they be stone houses and why are windows always shaped as domes, someone fire the architecture he's doing the same generic houses replicated a thousand times over, where is the modern twist ? Can we not have a glass structured complex ?
The white colour reflects the rays from the sun. cooling houses down as it prevents the matter from absorbing energy from the photons. somalis should utilise their sun, and build solar powers. the amount of energy generated would probably the the best in the world. we could probably even sell some of the electricity to neighbouring countries. :drakelaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending