Puntland has the lowest Poverty incidence of Somalia [incl. Somaliland]

Status
Not open for further replies.

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
You don't need to test everyone to get statistically meaningful data. You can base it on randomized smaller samples as well.

Even so, the sample population is way to small. 4k house holds let's say on average have 5 persons, that's 20k out of population of roughly 15million( SL+Somalia). That is hardly representative. That's 0.001% that they're working with. I'd wait for more comprehensive studies before jumping the gun

Apollo

VIP
Even so, the sample population is way to small. 4k house holds let's say on average have 5 persons, that's 20k out of population of roughly 15million( SL+Somalia). That is hardly representative. That's 0.001% that they're working with. I'd wait for more comprehensive studies before jumping the gun

I saw more beggars in Hargeisa.

What does Puntland's government budget look like? How much of the budget goes into defense compared to other departments like health and education.

I know Somaliland puts at least 50% of their budget into it's defense and security agencies. Which is a major reason why there seems to be less focus on relieving poverty.

waraabe

Your superior
What does Puntland's government budget look like? How much of the budget goes into defense compared to other departments like health and education.

I know Somaliland puts at least 50% of their budget into it's defense and security agencies. Which is a major reason why there seems to be less focus on relieving poverty.
last time their media published their budget was 2015 and it was $60m, cant find anything after that, dont know what they are hiding :siilaanyolaugh:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@Amun The reason a lot of people have misconceptions about Puntland is because most people who are not from Puntland, know nothing about it. If you tell the average Somali that someone living in Calula has a higher income than Someone living in Afgoye, they would laugh in your face. If you go to a place like Calula, A third of men may have a "laash" or a motorized boat, that is capital and a means of transportation. How many people in Afgoye have cars?

Somalis see cities on the southern tip of Puntland like Galkacyo, or on the western edge like Garowe, Qardho and Bosaso and think that is it. Most people in Puntland live east of the main road and don't interact with the rest of Somalia for the most part.

From 2015-2017:
:shookgabre:
Puntland recieves $238,594,000 in aid
Benadir recieves $140,900,000 in aid
Hirshabelle recieves $107,066,000 in aid
Galmudug receives $80,694,000 in aid
Jubaland recieves $173,757,000 in aid
Southwest recieves $118,900,000 in aid
Somaliland recieves $371,315,000 in aid

Apollo

VIP
@Amun The reason a lot of people have misconceptions about Puntland is because most people who are not from Puntland, know nothing about it. If you tell the average Somali that someone living in Calula has a higher income than Someone living in Afgoye, they would laugh in your face. If you go to a place like Calula, A third of men may have a "laash" or a motorized boat, that is capital and a means of transportation. How many people in Afgoye have cars?

Somalis see cities on the southern tip of Puntland like Galkacyo, or on the western edge like Garowe, Qardho and Bosaso and think that is it. Most people in Puntland live east of the main road and don't interact with the rest of Somalia for the most part.

Somalilanders and South Somalis also never visit Puntland, while Puntlanders do often visit their regions.

From 2015-2017:
Divide that by population and you'll see Puntland gets way more per capita than the rest

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
From 2015-2017:
Moryaano, which page is that on?

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
@XamarCade you better provide me that page cause I can't find that on the report. The idea Puntland receives more aid than Somaliland is laughable and Banadir aid is basically the SFG so if that figure is the local Banadir provincial government then it is believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending