who gonna tell these fobs that ancient egyptians were semites

Let me see if I get this chart, basically distance means the group furthest away right?
Copts being closest to them would make sense since they use a language that descends from ancient egyptian language right?
I think it’s because Copts are Christian & therefore less likely to marry foreigners, mostly Arabs & such, which is why Copts are closer to ancient Egyptians than Muslim Egyptians are. Muslim Egyptians have more Arab DNA, making them less “Egyptian” compared to the average Copt.

The Muslim Egyptians abandoned their language & culture and adopted Arabic, the Coptic Egyptians retained their culture & language for the most part, making them the closest thing you’ll find to ancient Egyptians, don’t get me wrong the coptics probably also abandoned some parts of native Egyptian culture too in favour of Greek & Christian tradition. But they still retain a lot more of ancient Egyptian culture, including native Egyptian language, than the Muslims do.

They weren't semites lol infact they enslaved and killed the hebrew semites. The Egyptians u see today are Arab invaders and Greek copts who migrated there. Somalis are descendants of Nubia not the Egyptians.
Lmfao, nigga do u actually believe this nonsense?

Are the Copts genetically very close to ancient Egyptians from the Old Kingdom -- particularly the ancient Egyptians from Upper Egypt?

Are the Copts genetically very close to ancient Egyptians from the Old Kingdom -- particularly the ancient Egyptians from Upper Egypt?
Yes, basically of all living beings today, they are the closest to the ancient egyptians.
And their language(the language they use in their church) descends from the language spoken in the old kingdom I think.

I think it’s because Copts are Christian & therefore less likely to marry foreigners, mostly Arabs & such, which is why Copts are closer to ancient Egyptians than Muslim Egyptians are. Muslim Egyptians have more Arab DNA, making them less “Egyptian” compared to the average Copt.

The Muslim Egyptians abandoned their language & culture and adopted Arabic, the Coptic Egyptians retained their culture & language for the most part, making them the closest thing you’ll find to ancient Egyptians, don’t get me wrong the coptics probably also abandoned some parts of native Egyptian culture too in favour of Greek & Christian tradition. But they still retain a lot more of ancient Egyptian culture, including native Egyptian language, than the Muslims do.
That's precisely why!

The thing is, the formal studies are not set up to give you the information how you want it. When I deliver this, that's years of studying, and engagement since we did not get this information served on a platter. There is not a single study that has laid out what I wrote in its entirety.

I can link you to an archived dead forum that has the bulk of the discourse if you want. And you can ask me questions as well.
I am picking up quite a bit of knowledge from the site thanks to you and many other dudes.
continue posting, that will help us noobs fill in the missing pieces.

Yes, basically of all living beings today, they are the closest to the ancient egyptians.
And their language(the language they use in their church) descends from the language spoken in the old kingdom I think.

Yes, but based on what @The alchemist said, the Old Kingdom Egyptians derived most of their ancestry from the Nile Valley; Paleolithic Ancient North Africans mixed with Paleolithic Southwest Asians and Iberomarusians -> another mix of Ancient North African + Southwest Asian.

I might be very wrong here... but wouldn't such a population be more biracial in their genome and phenotype? Perhaps Ancient North African was closer to Eurasians and shouldn't be seen as similar to SSA type population

Yes, but based on what @The alchemist said, the Old Kingdom Egyptians derived most of their ancestry from the Nile Valley; Paleolithic Ancient North Africans mixed with Paleolithic Southwest Asians and Iberomarusians -> another mix of Ancient North African + Southwest Asian.

I might be very wrong here... but wouldn't such a population be more biracial in their genome and phenotype? Perhaps Ancient North African was closer to Eurasians and shouldn't be seen as similar to SSA type population
Ancient North Africans were a distinct African population. Sub-Saharan African term makes no sense as a signifies when dealing with deep lineages as these formed pre-OOA.

I think part of ANA had received a deep backmigration of a population that was 50 ky old or something. It is not Eurasian overall whatsoever and would be very drifted on PCA position. Yet is has a slight Eurasian shift. I think this could be an indication of a backflow of early Eurasian African-like people that mixed with the deep North African population. That is an idea of mine. Either way, ANA is very much an African population. It's just that "SSA" is a useless term in that discussion since all the African lineages are distinct from each other.

Ancient North Africans were a distinct African population. Sub-Saharan African term makes no sense as a signifies when dealing with deep lineages as these formed pre-OOA.

I think part of ANA had received a deep backmigration of a population that was 50 ky old or something. It is not Eurasian overall whatsoever and would be very drifted on PCA position. Yet is has a slight Eurasian shift. I think this could be an indication of a backflow of early Eurasian African-like people that mixed with the deep North African population. That is an idea of mine. Either way, ANA is very much an African population. It's just that "SSA" is a useless term in that discussion since all the African lineages are distinct from each other.

Thanks heaps for your patience and for this very detailed explanation, saxiib

Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny