PUNTLAND: FEDERALIST OR QUASI-SECESSIONIST? (Part II)- Lawyer Aman Obsiye

amboli

DIR POWER

"The recent announcement of Benaadir region receiving representation in the Federal Parliament of Somalia has once again showcased Puntland’s true sociopolitical character. Puntland’s political elite have protested the entry of Benaadir in Somalia’s Upper House, and have shamefully proclaimed that they may seek secession"

"To understand how Somalia became a federalist nation-state in 2004, you must go back to 1978. In April 1978, mere weeks after the Ogaden War concluded, Abdilahi Yusuf created a rebel group called Somali Salvation Democratic Front(SSDF) and aligned it with Mengistu Haile Mariam, Ethiopia’s then-dictator.

The SSDF was funded, trained, fed and housed by Mengistu. In essence, they were an extension of Ethiopia’s military machine and in June 1982 were utilized. Mengistu and the SSDF invaded Galdogob, a city in central Somalia, and hoisted the Ethiopian flag during their brief occupation. The SSDF’s act of invading their home country alongside a foreign enemy was utterly treasonous"

" If Puntland claims to be the Mother of Federalism, then Meles Zenawi is its father.":ehh:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Drunkard Aman obsiye should focus on putting down the alcohol bottle before mentioning Puntland :mjlol:

amboli

DIR POWER
OBSIYE

:mjlol:

Nobody cares about a donkey's braying.

giphy.gif
Drunakard Aman obsiye should focus on putting down the alcohol bottle before mentioning Puntland :mjlol:

It looks like well written article. The lawyer has good writing skills:ehh:

Farm

VIP
Because he is a hating ass Abgaal concerned with PL affairs.

I'd actually read if he wasn't so obviously biased.

He’s dir actually and constantly cries about being occupied by isaaqs. He had a failed rap career and a failed marriage with an cadaan woman who left him, he’s been obsessed with PL because his law career failed due to his low IQ, so now he spends all day on twitter talking about PL, in the hopes of getting a job from the FGS. In short he’s a loser.

He’s dir actually and constantly cries about being occupied by isaaqs. He had a failed rap career and a failed marriage with an cadaan woman who left him, he’s been obsessed with PL because his law career failed did to his low IQ, so now he spends all day on twitter talking about PL, in the hopes of getting a job from the FGS. In short he’s a loser.

:mjlol::pachah1:

I stand corrected, let me go edit.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
It's a stupid article.

Yeah I don't change my mind it's pretty stupid. He could have used far better examples of federalism but you can read the emotional instability in every paragraph.

He’s dir actually and constantly cries about being occupied by isaaqs. He had a failed rap career and a failed marriage with an cadaan woman who left him, he’s been obsessed with PL because his law career failed due to his low IQ, so now he spends all day on twitter talking about PL, in the hopes of getting a job from the FGS. In short he’s a loser.
It’s usually the stateless people that hate on PL. Had awdal state been a thing and they pulled same moves that PL pull, then he would of been a top supporter trying to get a job lol.

On some level I can sympathize with ppl like them as it sucks living under idôor but they constantly hate that I just say f*ck em lol

Farm

VIP
It’s usually the stateless people that hate on PL. Had awdal state been a thing and they pulled same moves that PL pull, then he would of been a top supporter trying to get a job lol.

On some level I can sympathize with ppl like them as it sucks living under idôor but they constantly hate that I just say f*ck em lol
The guy is such a loser he left Minnesota because he couldn’t get any law jobs due to low GPA and IQ and decided to work for the Sland government until they fired him for being incompetent. Which explains his hate for them. :russ:

amboli

DIR POWER
It's a stupid article.

Yeah I don't change my mind it's pretty stupid. He could have used far better examples of federalism but you can read the emotional instability in every paragraph.

This part was interesting :ehh: Does not seem like he's making it up so everyone attack his personal character?

"When you compare how federalism is applied in Ethiopia and Somalia, you will notice that the two federal systems are diametrically different. Since the beginning of Ethiopia’s federalism experiment, its federal government has always been supreme. You will never see the regional presidents of Afar Region, Somali Region, etc., dealing in foreign policy. But in Somalia, you’ll regularly see some regional heads interfering in foreign policy, with Puntland being the main culprit.

Puntland is an anomaly when compared to the other federal member states in Somalia. Puntland is the only federal member state to base its jurisdiction on clan federalism, while all other federal member states base their jurisdiction on provincial federalism. The borders claimed by Puntland are literally based on clan borders, hence its claims over specific districts in Mudug, Sanaag, and Sool. Clan federalism in Puntland is due to their belief in clan supremacy. And if they cannot run the country, they figure ways to derail the political process. Hence their steadfast subversion of Somali sovereignty.

There seems to be a modus operandi for Puntland’s political elite: use foreign enemies against your homeland to achieve clannish political goals. It was they who invited and aligned with the Italian colonialist in the late 1800s; it was they who aligned with Mengistu and invaded Galdogob in 1982; it was they who invited and aligned with Zenawi to invade and occupy Somalia’s national capital in 2006."

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
This part was interesting :ehh: Does not seem like he's making it up so everyone attack his personal character?

"When you compare how federalism is applied in Ethiopia and Somalia, you will notice that the two federal systems are diametrically different. Since the beginning of Ethiopia’s federalism experiment, its federal government has always been supreme. You will never see the regional presidents of Afar Region, Somali Region, etc., dealing in foreign policy. But in Somalia, you’ll regularly see some regional heads interfering in foreign policy, with Puntland being the main culprit.

Puntland is an anomaly when compared to the other federal member states in Somalia. Puntland is the only federal member state to base its jurisdiction on clan federalism, while all other federal member states base their jurisdiction on provincial federalism. The borders claimed by Puntland are literally based on clan borders, hence its claims over specific districts in Mudug, Sanaag, and Sool. Clan federalism in Puntland is due to their belief in clan supremacy. And if they cannot run the country, they figure ways to derail the political process. Hence their steadfast subversion of Somali sovereignty.

There seems to be a modus operandi for Puntland’s political elite: use foreign enemies against your homeland to achieve clannish political goals. It was they who invited and aligned with the Italian colonialist in the late 1800s; it was they who aligned with Mengistu and invaded Galdogob in 1982; it was they who invited and aligned with Zenawi to invade and occupy Somalia’s national capital in 2006."
It's interesting to anyone with a room temperature IQ but it's irrelevant to federalism.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
this guy obsiye is always crying on camera

his famous quote “They put a gun to our face” :icon lol:

He's a drunkard loser who didn't even pass his BAR test. What a loser, he's been in university since 2003 and still didn't get his degree, lmfao.