PUNTLAND: FEDERALIST OR QUASI-SECESSIONIST? (Part II)- Lawyer Aman Obsiye

amboli

DIR POWER
This part was interesting :ehh: Does not seem like he's making it up so everyone attack his personal character?

"When you compare how federalism is applied in Ethiopia and Somalia, you will notice that the two federal systems are diametrically different. Since the beginning of Ethiopia’s federalism experiment, its federal government has always been supreme. You will never see the regional presidents of Afar Region, Somali Region, etc., dealing in foreign policy. But in Somalia, you’ll regularly see some regional heads interfering in foreign policy, with Puntland being the main culprit.

Puntland is an anomaly when compared to the other federal member states in Somalia. Puntland is the only federal member state to base its jurisdiction on clan federalism, while all other federal member states base their jurisdiction on provincial federalism. The borders claimed by Puntland are literally based on clan borders, hence its claims over specific districts in Mudug, Sanaag, and Sool. Clan federalism in Puntland is due to their belief in clan supremacy. And if they cannot run the country, they figure ways to derail the political process. Hence their steadfast subversion of Somali sovereignty.

There seems to be a modus operandi for Puntland’s political elite: use foreign enemies against your homeland to achieve clannish political goals. It was they who invited and aligned with the Italian colonialist in the late 1800s; it was they who aligned with Mengistu and invaded Galdogob in 1982; it was they who invited and aligned with Zenawi to invade and occupy Somalia’s national capital in 2006."

I'm getting alot of down rating:Sutehja: but no discussion. @Karim @Yonis @Manafesto @Ayubi what do you dislike about this piece. It is all factual. Do you hate truth when it's against you:ehh:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I surprisingly read the whole article and it was obviously written by an immature toddler filled with excessive hate for Puntland.

I will take some of his quotes to discredit his fallacies.

"Abdilahi Yusuf was eventually kicked out of the capital and later died in exile in Yemen".. this false quote summarises this idiot and his subpar article.
Abdullahi Yusuf was never kicked out but resigned due to health issues and he certainly didn't die in Yemen, he died in UAE Hospital after a long battle with liver diseases.

"The FGS’ decision to grant 13 senate seats to Benaadir, Somalia’s most populous region, is helping form a more perfect Somali Union Just like The United States"
Governments abide by their constitution and dare not attempt to subvert it. My question for this idiot is: which article of the constitution makes it legal for one region to have 13 freaking senate seats?!! Puntland is for the constitution and abides by the constitution while others like the incompetent FGS run circles around it. The constitution says each region should have 3 senate seats and the total number of seats of the senate shall not exceed beyond the magic number of 54.
18x3= 54.

Banaadir shouldn't be given political representation in the senate like Washington. This drunkard author named Obsiye argued for US federalism, calling it perfect, but he clearly lacks knowledge about that system as Washington D.C DOESN'T have political representation in the senate. He favours US Federalism while obtusely ignoring the lack of congressional representation for Washington D.C, the capital of the United States.

He's a hypocrite for blaming the only region who spearheaded the foundations of this system and returned proper governance back to Mogadishu after 16 years of lawlessness. He accuses Puntland of aiding the Ethiopian army even though Hawiye successors of Abdullahi Yusuf such as Sharif, Hassan Sheikh and Farmaajo (he's HAG worse than HSM and Sharif) used the Ethiopian army as instrumental tool to repulse Al shabaab attacks from South Central Somalia and to even attack political opponents like Sharif Sakin.

It's a sin when Puntland uses a foreign army but obviously it ain't a sin when others use it according to his moronic logic.

This guy is an embodiment of everything that's wrong with Somalia. People like him who advocate for lawlessness instead of adhering to the constitution are treacherous traitors

amboli

DIR POWER
I surprisingly read the whole article and it was obviously written by an immature toddler filled with excessive hate for Puntland.

I will take some of his quotes to discredit his fallacies.

"Abdilahi Yusuf was eventually kicked out of the capital and later died in exile in Yemen".. this false quote summarises this idiot and his subpar article.
Abdullahi Yusuf was never kicked out but resigned due to health issues and he certainly didn't die in Yemen, he died in UAE Hospital after a long battle with liver diseases.

"The FGS’ decision to grant 13 senate seats to Benaadir, Somalia’s most populous region, is helping form a more perfect Somali Union Just like The United States"
Governments abide by their constitution and dare not attempt to subvert it. My question for this idiot is: which article of the constitution makes it legal for one region to have 13 freaking senate seats?!! Puntland is for the constitution and abides by the constitution while others like the incompetent FGS run circles around it. The constitution says each region should have 3 senate seats and the total number of seats of the senate shall not exceed beyond the magic number of 54.
18x3= 54.

Banaadir shouldn't be given political representation in the senate like Washington. This drunkard author named Obsiye argued for US federalism, calling it perfect, but he clearly lacks knowledge about that system as Washington D.C DOESN'T have political representation in the senate. He favours US Federalism while obtusely ignoring the lack of congressional representation for Washington D.C, the capital of the United States.

He's a hypocrite for blaming the only region who spearheaded the foundations of this system and returned proper governance back to Mogadishu after 16 years of lawlessness. He accuses Puntland of aiding the Ethiopian army even though Hawiye successors of Abdullahi Yusuf such as Sharif, Hassan Sheikh and Farmaajo (he's HAG worse than HSM and Sharif) used the Ethiopian army as instrumental tool to repulse Al shabaab attacks from South Central Somalia and to even attack political opponents like Sharif Sakin.

It's a sin when Puntland uses a foreign army but obviously it ain't a sin when others use it according to his moronic logic.

This guy is an embodiment of everything that's wrong with Somalia. People like him who advocate for lawlessness instead of adhering to the constitution are treacherous traitors

I agree with you on some things you said but if Puntland wants to be a model of the SFG constitution it should take out clan base borders from it's own constitution cause that is against the Somalia constitution and is anti federalism. You cannot pick and chose what rules you want to follow then blame others for bending rules. Abdullahi Yusuf brought Ethiopia when there was no al shabab and Somalia had peace for the first time in the south. He fought against the Habar gidir clan and used the Ethiopias to give his clan an upper hand. This is why Somalis always bring him name for causing the Shabab and Amisom situation because he was the first to do this foreigner occupation of Somalia. This is why AMISOM is in the country to this day

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I agree with you on some things you said but if Puntland wants to be a model of the SFG constitution it should take out clan base borders from it's own constitution cause that is against the Somalia constitution and is anti federalism. You cannot pick and chose what rules you want to follow then blame others for bending rules. Abdullahi Yusuf brought Ethiopia when there was no al shabab and Somalia had peace for the first time in the south. He fought against the Habar gidir clan and used the Ethiopias to give his clan an upper hand. This is why Somalis always bring him name for causing the Shabab and Amisom situation because he was the first to do this foreigner occupation of Somalia. This is why AMISOM is in the country to this day
I can easily edit my constitution and add whole of Mudug, Sool and Sanaag regions. Do you actually think that's difficult for me?!! To claim lands outside of my jurisdictions?! I can easily claim it but what good it's going to achieve?! Nothing but political gridlock and more bloodshed.

You said "Abdullahi Yusuf used Ethiopian army to defeat HabarGidir"... Oh please. If Abdullahi Yusuf wanted to annihilate HabarGidir he would've marched to Cadaado, dhusomareb, hobyo guriceel etc. His army literally passed those towns in route to Mogadishu and he didn't fire a shot at them. Abdullahi Yusuf was the only leader willing to sacrifice his region for the good of the nation. In 2004/05 Somaliland was breathing on his neck from togdheer and majority of his army were stationed in Sool and Sanaag to repulse any possible attacks from the Jeegan enclave but he moved his entire army from those crucially important regions to Mogadishu; for what?!! For the glory and revival of this nation.

Hawiye had 16 freaking years to build a government and form a constitution. They weren't wise enough to come up with a solution and AY had the balls to do it. We should all be thankful to AY, for he restored and laid the foundations of FGS.

If Hawiye were seriously against the presence of Ethiopian army then they'd not have been stationed in Dhusomareb, Guriceel, hiiraan, Bay and Bakool for 13 freaking years. Those regions belong to Hawiye and D&M... How come they couldn't fight the "immoral" crusading Ethiopian army stationed in their regions for 13 long years if they hate it?!! Noooo.. their hate was merely for the Darood president AY and NOT ETHIOPIA. That's the exact definition of Hypocrite Munaafaq.

He’s dir actually and constantly cries about being occupied by isaaqs. He had a failed rap career and a failed marriage with an cadaan woman who left him, he’s been obsessed with PL because his law career failed due to his low IQ, so now he spends all day on twitter talking about PL, in the hopes of getting a job from the FGS. In short he’s a loser.

Makes sense now. :ohhh:

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Federalism, confederationism, just call it MJism and we get the message loud and clear :what:

@PuntiteQueen what happened to PIM huno? I was hoping the last conference would have solidified it. :wow:

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Just look at these people, they criticize Abdulahi Yusus AUN from the comfort of the states he laid the foundations of.
The very same government he brought to the capital. You can hate him all you want, it will not change the fact that he gave governance back to you. Did you know that we could had have pulled the move the capital card. Make garowe the temporary capital until the nation stabilizes.

Stop hating on him and finish his bloody quest, go develop your own regions. Federalism was a gift you morons, with federalism you can develop any tuulo of your liking, instead of having a city state.

Shit fogal shit, how do you work with people like this, all they now is qarxis and dowladiid eventhough this type of dowlad is in their best interest.

Now i do understand the call for confederalisme more and more, these people do not want to work with you to better the nation, fine do it on you own you xoolo. If Your ancestors could see you they would have been hella disappointed.

Acting like you are the big men without the development for your people, you are only ensuring starvation and droughts for your own future generations yaa bakhti. Uuuffff the headache ya’ll give out is to high. Stop it before we all go our separate ways, and your regions will pay the ultima

Trending

Latest posts