Puntland Authoritises Launch Pipeline Extension to Bring Water To Thousands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
"Bosasso, Puntland, Somalia, 18 September 2017 – A partnership between UNICEF, the Puntland authorities, and partners is bringing piped water to thousands of people in the town of Bosasso for the first time.

Currently much of the population in Bosasso – a major seaport and a fast-growing city in northeastern Bari region of Puntland State - gets their water from hand-dug shallow wells. The water is often contaminated and can lead to deadly waterborne diseases such as cholera. Those who can afford, buy better quality water from private sellers at high prices. Only 40 per cent of the population are connected to the city’s pipeline, which was built nearly 20 years ago.

Under a public private partnership, UNICEF; the Puntland Authority for Water, Energy and Natural Resources; and Golden Utilities Management Company (GUMCO) rehabilitated the town’s water tank and laid more than 10,000 metres of pipeline to overhaul the deteriorating water system in Bosasso. The newly-rehabilitated water system has the capacity to connect the entire population of Bosasso to safe water. By the end of 2017, some 9,000 residents will be connected under the first phase of the project.

The partners are also taking the project into camps for internally displaced people. Some 1200 people in Bari Bosasso camp have already been connected and are now receiving piped water, thanks to the pro bono work done by GUMCO.

“This is a great step forward in ensuring as many people as possible have access to safe water, especially now with the crisis caused by the drought,” said UNICEF Somalia Representative Steven Lauwerier. “Water is a basic right, all children and their families should have easy access to it. We will continue to work through the Public private partnership model to ensure this basic right is met for every child, household in Bosasso and elsewhere in Somalia.”

About UNICEF UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere."

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
"Bosasso, Puntland, Somalia, 18 September 2017 – A partnership between UNICEF, the Puntland authorities, and partners is bringing piped water to thousands of people in the town of Bosasso for the first time.

Currently much of the population in Bosasso – a major seaport and a fast-growing city in northeastern Bari region of Puntland State - gets their water from hand-dug shallow wells. The water is often contaminated and can lead to deadly waterborne diseases such as cholera. Those who can afford, buy better quality water from private sellers at high prices. Only 40 per cent of the population are connected to the city’s pipeline, which was built nearly 20 years ago.

Under a public private partnership, UNICEF; the Puntland Authority for Water, Energy and Natural Resources; and Golden Utilities Management Company (GUMCO) rehabilitated the town’s water tank and laid more than 10,000 metres of pipeline to overhaul the deteriorating water system in Bosasso. The newly-rehabilitated water system has the capacity to connect the entire population of Bosasso to safe water. By the end of 2017, some 9,000 residents will be connected under the first phase of the project.

The partners are also taking the project into camps for internally displaced people. Some 1200 people in Bari Bosasso camp have already been connected and are now receiving piped water, thanks to the pro bono work done by GUMCO.

“This is a great step forward in ensuring as many people as possible have access to safe water, especially now with the crisis caused by the drought,” said UNICEF Somalia Representative Steven Lauwerier. “Water is a basic right, all children and their families should have easy access to it. We will continue to work through the Public private partnership model to ensure this basic right is met for every child, household in Bosasso and elsewhere in Somalia.”

About UNICEF UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere."

Masha Allah in my hearts of hearts I sincerely believe mudane abdi weli Gaas is the best president that Puntland has had just look at all the different part of the country he's visited and brought development to, all the infrastructure he's introduced and governance in each tuulo may Allah accept all his prayers and may Allah guide him and preserve him all Puntlanders should make a dua for our commander in chief may Allah be pleased with him.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Most non Puntlanders despise Abdiweli Gaas and I see that as them being envious of Puntland cause we have a good leader it's like why else would they hate Abdiweli Gaas if they're not from Puntland cause he's sure as hell ain't their leader Somalis love to drag eachother down may Allah protect Abdiweli Gaas from the evil eye amiin yaa rabb thuma amiin

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Masha Allah in my hearts of hearts I sincerely believe mudane abdi weli Gaas is the best president that Puntland has had just look at all the different part of the country he's visited and brought development to, all the infrastructure he's introduced and governance in each tuulo may Allah accept all his prayers and may Allah guide him and preserve him all Puntlanders should make a dua for our commander in chief may Allah be pleased with him.
I agree, but he should've hired farooles finance minister he was the one that stabilised our economy between 2009-2014, i hope he becomes next president

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
This guy, dr faarax cali shire

Most non Puntlanders despise Abdiweli Gaas and I see that as them being envious of Puntland cause we have a good leader it's like why else would they hate Abdiweli Gaas if they're not from Puntland cause he's sure as hell ain't their leader Somalis love to drag eachother down may Allah protect Abdiweli Gaas from the evil eye amiin yaa rabb thuma amiin
they dont wanna see you winning:nahgirl:

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
It makes me sad that we have to launch pipelines in 2017 for water that just goes to show how far behind we are and the work we need to get done. we have so much to catch up. good progress nonetheless

KULTA

f*ck you im from Mudug
It makes me sad that we have to launch pipelines in 2017 for water that just goes to show how far behind we are and the work we need to get done. we have so much to catch up. good progress nonetheless

We have a lot of work to do but insha allah we will make it:salute:

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
We are currently experiening financial troubles with the economy, Gaas's admin has been great so far but theres also many challenges and problems to solve.
Boowe it's 2017 and the elections is in 2019 fadlan forget about that for now this thread is about Puntland and it's currently leader is Abdiweli gaas

Wallahi bosaso will grow very fast , inshallah we will surpass even Hargeisa in numbers.Puntland should move capital to bosaso , its our economic hub.

:mjlol: Western Hargeisa alone is more populated than bosaso and garowe put together, but its good that you aspire to be like Hargeisa
Bosaso is growing very fast, Hargeisa is land locked and will be overtaken in population by port cities.Berbera should rapidly increase soon as well.

Bohol

VIP
@Mokillem unfortunately Bosaso doesn't have the potential to grow to a mega city like Mogadishu or Hargeisa because of its location.
It is surrounded by big mountains on all sides.

upload_2017-9-19_13-44-40.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts