Puntland Authoritises Launch Pipeline Extension to Bring Water To Thousands

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Somalia is that everything is not what it looks like or some would like you to believe. I brought irrefutable evidence unless their false messiah (Gaas) was in the Puntland government, member of the Ministry for Planning, PSAWEN (Water authority in Puntland) or PPP than they are clearly attributing it to him out of their wishes but not reality.

Great project, the govt should also bring in the private sector and create joint venture, with the aim to bring water to the city at the lowest price possible.

Borama model applied.

Review of PPP arrangements for Borama: The ‘Public-Private Partnership’ currently employed to enable operations and management of the urban water supply system in Borama is due for renewal in 2013. In the context of providing a framework for implementation of service delivery frameworks and implementation of arrangements for Tog Wajaale, Burao and Erigavo, the grant beneficiary may also propose a review of current PPP arrangements in Borama, recommendations for renewal and oversight of the negotiation process. The main criticisms of the current arrangement have been: (i) a lack of public sector involvement in the PPP; (ii) poor definition of responsibilities; especially with regard to infrastructure investments; (iii) lack of investment in service delivery to vulnerable neighbourhoods; (iv) lack of responsibility from either the private or public sector with regard to the sustainability of groundwater resources.

Borama and Gebiley were leading and due to Somalia's collapse donars funded PPP in this two towns. Read b)

Screenshot_2017-09-19-17-40-01.png

Maashaallah Alxamdulillah foremost for the EU, Unicef+local partners, national government for drafting the National Water Act 2008, governments and agencies of Puntland and Somaliland, Puntland's Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation (MoPIC) and the Puntland State Agency for Water, Energy and Natural Resources (PSAWEN) and Somaliland's Ministry of Mining, Energy and Water Resources (MMEWR), the Ministry of National Planning and Development (MNPD), Ministry of Health (MoH) and relevant water agencies at the time and PPP initiative.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Maashaallah Alxamdulillah foremost for the EU, Unicef+local partners, national government for drafting the National Water Act 2008, governments and agencies of Puntland and Somaliland, Puntland's Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation (MoPIC) and the Puntland State Agency for Water, Energy and Natural Resources (PSAWEN) and Somaliland's Ministry of Mining, Energy and Water Resources (MMEWR), the Ministry of National Planning and Development (MNPD), Ministry of Health (MoH) and relevant water agencies at the time and PPP initiative.
May Allah bless the president of Puntland his excellency mudane Abdiweli Gaas and Puntland in general

Cognitive everyone who has knowledge went quiet when presented with the reality as they heed the facts.

Also know everything is on record.

I will shed light on the projects that are funded by international donars and how they came about with proof.

Same project

Safe drinking water finally arrives for tens of thousands of people in Somaliland town
SOM_features_safedrinking.jpg

© UNICEF Somalia/2017/Sarman
Mariam Omar Farah in front of her home where she lives with 8 other family members is among the thousands who will receive piped water for the first time.

By Jamal Abdi Sarman

Wajaale, Somaliland, August 2017 - Seventy-four year old Mariam Omar Farah couldn’t hide her excitement when she heard her town would, for the first time receive piped, clean water that week. Mariam lives in a shack with eight family members including grandchildren, one hundred metres from the main reservoir tank of the new project.

When she was told, she immediately sat up and said: “This is one of the best pieces of news I have ever had. I have lived in Wajaale for my whole life and I have struggled to get water just like those before me. We spend a lot of time and energy to get water from a local water pan which is not even good to drink. Now I can get clean water from the tank that’s just next to my house.”

Mariam is among some 40,000 people in Wajaale who will benefit from the “Improved Urban Water Service Delivery” project being delivered through a Public Private Partnership funded by the European Union and UNICEF. Wajaale was selected as one of four towns in Somaliland for the project in 2012.

“For so long this expanding town lacked clean piped water,” said the Mayor of Wajaale, Hashi Mohamud Abdi.” We had previously made plans to get water here but it never happened. When I was a child in the 1960s I heard my parents and older people always talking and dreaming of getting clean water here. Today we succeeded and our dream came true.”

SOM_features_safedrinking1.jpg

Getting water from a pipe connected to a borehole in Bator 20kms from Wajaale. This water has now reached Wajaale as well.
For the next two months, residents can get water from the main tank. Meanwhile pipes are being laid to public kiosks with taps where the public is charged for each jerrycan and, also, for those who can afford it, to private homes with water meters.

UNICEF’s Chief of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Mahboob Ahmed Bajwa said the piped water would have great benefits for the town. “During the past year in particular, with the drought, there has been a huge increase in people suffering from water borne diseases in Somaliland,” he said. “The successful completion of this pipeline will have huge health benefits for the people of Wajaale.”

SOM_features_safedrinking2.jpg

Children playing in the water pan that previously supplied drinking water and water for domestic chores to Wajaale town.

The local rain-fed water pan is about a kilometre from the town, but the water is contaminated by human and animal faeces and has led to disease outbreaks. During the dry season the water dries up and people and water vendors travel to a seasonal river 15 kilometres away. While those far from kiosks will continue to rely on water sellers, the price of water is expected to drop drastically.

The water is pumped to Wajaale’s tank from a borehole at a village 24 kilometers away. This groundwater, found below the water table, is good quality and does not need to be treated.

The local company formed with EU and UNICEF support is called ‘Caafi’ Water Company, a Somali word meaning “good health” and the private sector buys shares in this company. CAAFI is expected to reinvest some of the profit in the expansion of the water supply, install the distribution network, construct its own offices and support the Water Users’ Association.

In 2015 a UNICEF survey found that just over half the households in Somaliland (56 per cent) had access to safe drinking water – over half the households in the country still take over 30 minutes to fetch water.

Four towns chosen in Somaliland 2012 who handed in application.

Lot 1: Burao, Tog Wajaale, Erigavo, North-West Somalia (Somaliland);
Lot 2: Urban areas, North-East Somalia (Puntland);
Lot 3: Hargeisa, North-West Somalia (Somaliland)

XamarCade well they are living proves that these projects started a long time ago.

I am only sharing the process involved, the deadline for the grant Application, how it was financed and came about, the locations that were chosen for the Water and Health Programme for Somalia.

This project came about in 2012 and is being funded by the EU and UNICEF.

“Improved Urban Water Service Delivery” project being delivered through a Public Private Partnership funded by the European Union and UNICEF.

Mayor of Wajaale Somaliland.

“For so long this expanding town lacked clean piped water,” said the Mayor of Wajaale, Hashi Mohamud Abdi.” We had previously made plans to get water here but it never happened. When I was a child in the 1960s I heard my parents and older people always talking and dreaming of getting clean water here. Today wesucceeded and our dream came true.”

The difference of Puntland and Somaliland whose regions covers these projects is that in Somaliland people know about the projects whereas in Puntland this progresses are falsely attributed to failed leaders. Shows that Somaliland is ahead in governance and accountability.

EU funded projects that started 5 years ago are blindly attributed because a failed leader is doing the job of the local mayor for a photo-op.

However everything is documented and those who lie about this long term projects will be eventually found out and tutored.

XamarCade well they are living proves that these projects started a long time ago.

I am only sharing the process involved, the deadline for the grant Application, how it was financed and came about, the locations that were chosen for the Water and Health Programme for Somalia.
Makes perfect sense now :nvjpqts: keep on tutoring these blind xoolos

Status
Not open for further replies.