Puntland Airports: News & Development.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
GAROWE, Puntland- The President of Somalia's northeastern region of Puntland, Abdiwali Mohamed Ali “Gaas”, who is in a visit to Hangzhou city in China, was reported to have signed agreements with a Chinese company to conduct oil explorations and Fishing in Puntland region, Garowe Online reports.

The company called China Civil Engineering and Construction Company (CCECC), and has constructed Bossaso Airport, a project which was funded by the government of Italy. The Chinese-based company CCECC, implemented various projects in Africa and has international offices in Ethiopia and Djibouti.

According to close sources, CCECC was awarded licenses to carry out exploration for Oil and Gas in two blocks in Puntland region but in return CCECC will construct Galkayo Airport. The agreements also included awarding fishing license to CCECC- affiliated company in coastal territories in Puntland for a fee of $ 10 Million.

During his trip to China, President Ali was accompanied by State Minister of Fishery and other Puntland cabinet officials, added the source.

Mashallah, Puntland is going from strength to strength. Inshallah with 3 decent airports, 2 nice ports and all of our cities connected with highways we will finally access the development we need to further our state's growth.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
They will use the old kaacan airport as a military base :salute:
Yeah, they should move out of Siinay in the middle of the city to the airport. It already has walls and is protected. Siinay should be divided into 1/2 hectare lots and sold off.

Great move by Gaas, it makes no sense to build the new airport where the old one was.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1394-1.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

This airport is 7 km northeast of Galkayo. Its being build by the chinese company CCECC which build Bosaso. CCECC is the company that is building the railways across Africa from Djibouti to Nigeria. The old airport will most likely be sold by the government to private investors. I will keep you updated.

yeah Turks only paved one layer. I think the turks are playing some sort of politics because they don't build what they say.
yep, they still have to do another layer and build the actual arrivals hall etc but so far its looking good. Not sure if they wanted to deviate from the original plan maybe its because of stalling of the payment, i think this current government took a loan from qatar to finish it.

Garowe airport is supposed to be done deal. I'm pretty sure that gas said: 1 international airport in one year. 2 airports in two years and finally 3 airports in three years. Check the video out.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Garowe airport is supposed to be done deal. I'm pretty sure that gas said: 1 international airport in one year. 2 airports in two years and finally 3 airports in three years. Check the video out.
only the first phase has been finished. They paved the first layer and fenced the ground so far.

Trending