Proposition for new capital relocation

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Follow the South African model and have 3 capitals. One where the parliament is located (maybe Hargeisa), one for the supreme court (Garowe), and one where all the embassies are located (stays in Mogadishu).

I want the army, intelligence sector and court located in PL cause where ever the court is located you need the army all located there so they can enforce the rule of law when a region chimps out or breaks federal law.

Hamar can keep the federal.govt and embassies. hargeisa takes parliament as it suits hargeisa culture who love talking shit and meeting like marfish. Baydhabo can take the central bank.

PL will only demand its trade, security, health, scholarship partners have an embassy in PL especially security partners like the UAE who fund PMPF and America who fund PSF. We will accept consulate for key partners like India for health visas and scholarship countries that Puntite go too. We also demand an Oman embassy as their tied to PL.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@zeilaprime why are you laughing PL can hold our somali federal interest and regional interest at the same.time just like the west have common interest yet have separate national interests.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Follow the South African model and have 3 capitals. One where the parliament is located (maybe Hargeisa), one for the supreme court (Garowe), and one where all the embassies are located (stays in Mogadishu).
Yeah that's also a good idea but how about administration?

Aseer

VIP
How do you want to move the capital to a city where 7 tribes live, and the only reason for the lack of conflict in the city is an agreement that occurred in 1993. Even the police in ceerigaabo cannot arrest a person before they take permission from caaqilka reerka
That's the main reason I think it's a perfect candidate it's not clan centric it's diverse and it can be even more diverse to the point where it will become a clan neutral city over time, that city is a blessed city with lots of potential.

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
That's the main reason I think it's a perfect candidate it's not clan centric it's diverse and it can be even more diverse to the point where it will become a clan neutral city over time, that city is a blessed city with lots of potential.
Mogadishu is more diverse

Aseer

VIP
Mogadishu is more diverse
Nope it's a hawiye monopoly no hate to the clan but thr capital is let's say...very biased while ceerigaabo is surrounded by many clans and has many living there and it's also more stable than mogadishu and definitely has way better potential as well.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
Nope it's a hawiye monopoly no hate to the clan but thr capital is let's say...very biased while ceerigaabo is surrounded by many clans and has many living there and it's also more stable than mogadishu and definitely has way better potential as well.
Ceerigaabo is obviously stable but in terms of clan diversity so many clans live in xamar ive said this before plus isn’t it in Somaliland

Aseer

VIP
Ceerigaabo is obviously stable but in terms of clan diversity so many clans live in xamar ive said this before plus isn’t it in Somaliland
It's in waqooiye and many clans reside there. But xamar is clan centric and tbh a lost cause since other Somalis don't trust the capital anymore after the shenanigans that happened.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
It's in waqooiye and many clans reside there. But xamar is clan centric and tbh a lost cause since other Somalis don't trust the capital anymore after the shenanigans that happened.
There’s a university up there called Edna Aden university :mjlol:

Everything that happened happened people can only move on instead of dwelling on the past.Reconciliation forgiveness and justice is the way to go.

Aseer

VIP
There’s a university up there called Edna Aden university :mjlol:

Everything that happened happened people can only move on instead of dwelling on the past.Reconciliation forgiveness and justice is the way to go.
Yeah I understood the reconciliation part and there's nothing wrong with Edna although she says some messed up stuff she done her fair share of contributions to somalis as a whole BUT I am trying to emphasise that xamar is a clan monopoly only one clan holds the power there and it isn't really split up much its way more feasible to make the new capital city ceerigaabo or even galkacyo or even like @zeilaprime said we have 3 capitals like south Africa.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
Yeah I understood the reconciliation part and there's nothing wrong with Edna although she says some messed up stuff she done her fair share of contributions to somalis as a whole BUT I am trying to emphasise that xamar is a clan monopoly only one clan holds the power there and it isn't really split up much its way more feasible to make the new capital city ceerigaabo or even galkacyo or even like @zeilaprime said we have 3 capitals like south Africa.
Edna is crazzy weird loads of people don’t like her plus she’s a secessionist.I don’t really care of the capital changes but that’s never gonna happen if capital were to change I’d say Eyl or Merca.

However if we think about it political capital can be hargeisa whilst cultural capital can be xamar but some people wouldn’t want that 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

Aseer

VIP
Edna is crazzy weird loads of people don’t like her plus she’s a secessionist.I don’t really care of the capital changes but that’s never gonna happen if capital were to change I’d say Eyl or Merca.

However if we think about it political capital can be hargeisa whilst cultural capital can be xamar but some people wouldn’t want that 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️
I would say galkacyo is good as well like what @DR OSMAN said.

Aseer

VIP
I feel like eyl would be great.
It would be the exact same as xamar and be clan centric, galkacyo and ceerigaabo is best or even both of those as capitals or all 3 of them with xamar included.

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
All the violence and pain Mogadishu endured would just be transferred to the new capital. Any entity that is trying to hold back Somalia from prospering would simply redirect their sabotage, terrorism and political pressure on that new capital. On top of that you have the huge cost of new infrastructure, the roads, residential homes, hospitals, transport hubs, schools, an organic economy. All of that would take more than a decade if the country had China’s assistance but it would take much longer than that without them, so it’s not feasible.

Instead of this, all of the billions that will be made available for future projects should be going to making existing cities with a good base like Mogadishu, Hargeisa, Bosaso, Kismayo, Baidoa, etc the most advanced cities in Africa over time with the best CBDs, airports, seaports, hospitals, universities, industrial parks, sewer systems, digital hubs, and with booming shopping districts, promenades and Waterfronts.

Each city should be having its own character like being a cultural hub, a financial hub, a maritime hub, an aviation hub, a medical hub, a tourism hub, an industrial hub, an agricultural hub, a religious hub, etc. Somalia has so many cities to fill those roles, not just Mogadishu.

E40B8A2A-9265-4F71-92BA-707CB7A1008B.jpeg

Trending

Latest posts