Proposition for new capital relocation

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
We really need a new capital and xamar is not cutting it anymore the city has been tainted by the violence and killings and many somalis don't trust xamar that much and don't invest into the city which is also still unstable that's why my proposition for a new capital would be.

*Drum rolls*

Ceerigaabo!
Hear me out that city is prime real estate and in a prime position not to mention it has natural barriers, close access to the sea and also has near perfect temperature and terrain it is also stable and ripe for development and investing and not to mention the city is inhabited by many clans and really does have the potential to become a clan melting pot where no clan can hoard all the power

Attachments

• images (5).jpeg
    images (5).jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 87
  • images (4).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 85
  • images (3).jpeg
    images (3).jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 80
  • images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    14.2 KB · Views: 86

Aseer

VIP
We really need a new capital and xamar is not cutting it anymore the city has been tainted by the violence and killings and many somalis don't trust xamar that much and don't invest into the city which is also still unstable that's why my proposition for a new capital would be.

*Drum rolls*

Ceerigaabo!
Hear me out that city is prime real estate and in a prime position not to mention it has natural barriers, close access to the sea and also has near perfect temperature and terrain it is also stable and ripe for development and investing and not to mention the city is inhabited by many clans and really does have the potential to become a clan melting pot where no clan can hoard all the power
Look at the images now let's envision the urban planning that could be put in and it's close proximity to fertile lands that can be used for agriculture and also near the gulf of aden, one road and a port city connected to the city will secure it further to trade and access to the world and easier and more efficient shipping of products.

To also top it off if we take this initiative it can also help smooth out relations with somaliland and use that move as reconcilliation, that aside the cities already stable and can easily attract foreign investment and not to mention ceerigaabo is a good place for the government to exert their laws and stuff as well.

We all have to let xamar go it wasn't what it once was and somalis need a fresh start and this beautiful city can accommodate that.

@Three Moons

attash

Amaan Duule
It's too remote. Southerners won't like this.

I never understood conversations that revolve around replacing the capital. It is just not feasible. Xamar is the largest city in Somalia by far, the second largest city Hargeisa is only half as large. It is the country's center of business. And it is already very diverse. I don't think Xamar is replaceable.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
Its better to build a city out of scratch as its impartial to all clans. somewhere in in the middle so both north and south are happy

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The South generally stand no chance if a capital competition was held as the last 100 years somalia has been south focused even tho the trade corridor in the south maritime is dead unlike the red sea.

I don't recommend a capital on any red sea town it wasn't called the red sea for a joke as any thing on that strait will suffer bloodshed and destruction due to the geopolitical.stranglehold to happen today till.yowmul qiyama as it connects Asia to Europe.

Let's hold a competition between gaalkacyo and erigavo as both are not in the south and inside the central.and north. Let's also demand a capital accessible to all somali regions which gaalkacyo will win. But erigavo will win on its local cohesion and stability which g town will lose big time.

I cant predict it as both regions are clan balanced isaaq n harti vs central region which is hawiye iyo darod so one clan can't play the unuka.leh disaster like hamar.

So I call for a capital competition and each city present their benefits and losses. I can't wait till.we have that much needed discussion on the capital city and its location and the masuliyada laga rabo iyo xaqqu uu lee yahay basically the character it has to take upon.

Hamar ma qaadi Karo masuliyada qaran, ha laga wareejiyo iyo hirshabellle ha lagu daro as that place is a graveyard.capital which can't unite any somali because.their are still.ppl buried in their.private.properties. All gaal iyo muslim protect ppl property rights.except that pagan bahal cawaan who are the indigenous ppl who used.to drink blood like.masai.

Last edited:

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
We don't have the money to build a planned city from scratch and it would take atleast two decades to gather the funds and another decade to complete it.
Its better to build a city out of scratch as its impartial to all clans. somewhere in in the middle so both north and south are happy

Aseer

VIP
The South generally stand no chance if a capital competition was held as the last 100 years somalia has been south focused even tho the trade corridor in the south maritime is dead unlike the red sea.

I don't recommend a capital on any red sea town it wasn't called the red sea for a joke as any thing on that strait will suffer bloodshed and destruction due to the geopolitical.stranglehold to happen today till.yowmul qiyama as it connects Asia to Europe.

Let's hold a competition between gaalkacyo and erigavo as both are not in the south and inside the central.and north. Let's also demand a capital accessible to all somali regions which gaalkacyo will win. But erigavo will win on its local cohesion and stability which g town will lose big time.

I cant predict it as both regions are clan balanced isaaq n harti vs central region which is hawiye iyo darod so one clan can't play the unuka.leh disaster like hamar.

So I call for a capital competition and each city present their benefits and losses. I can't wait till.we have that much needed discussion on the capital city and its location and the masuliyada laga rabo iyo xaqqu uu lee yahay basically the character it has to take upon.

Hamar ma qaadi Karo masuliyada qaran, ha laga wareejiyo iyo hirshabellle ha lagu daro as that place is a graveyard.capital which can't unite any somali because.their are still.ppl buried in their.private.properties. All gaal iyo muslim protect ppl property rights.except that pagan bahal cawaan who are the indigenous ppl who used.to drink blood like.masai.
Yes galakacyo is also another good option I even think of making them dual capital cities since they both equally worthy candidates.

Aseer

VIP
It's too remote. Southerners won't like this.

I never understood conversations that revolve around replacing the capital. It is just not feasible. Xamar is the largest city in Somalia by far, the second largest city Hargeisa is only half as large. It is the country's center of business. And it is already very diverse. I don't think Xamar is replaceable.
It is deeply clan centric and it is more feasible to start afresh.

Aseer

VIP
Building from scratch is too costly but galkacyo is also a good candidate but it can be prone to ethiopian aggression.

*Drum rolls*

Ceerigaabo!
With respect bud,
The relocation of the capital should be the last priority for the government. Defeating AS, bringing law and order as well as national unity amongst the things, should be the government’s priority. Not to mention the cost of relocation would be more than the government can afford. Besides in terms of development, location and clan dynamics no city can beat Xamar.

I understand you might have some concerns, but relocating the capital won’t do much good if the root causes of these issues are not addressed and resolved.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Yes galakacyo is also another good option I even think of making them dual capital cities since they both equally worthy candidates.

I love g towns central.location and can be protected from the south, north, east, even from.dds. It's like garowe location as we can rush in from.las anod, bari, galkacyo as its inside and covered.from all harti corners like a heart is protected by a body. The heart is garowe and the body is PL. I can see the same thing for g town where it will be heart of somalia and the body will be north, south, west, east protecting the new somali capital.

Aseer

VIP
With respect bud,
The relocation of the capital should be the last priority for the government. Defeating AS, bringing law and order as well as national unity amongst the things, should be the government’s priority. Not to mention the cost of relocation would be more than the government can afford. Besides in terms of development, location and clan dynamics no city can beat Xamar.

I understand you might have some concerns, but relocating the capital won’t do much good if the root causes of these issues are not addressed and resolved.
That can all be done before the relocation and once things are stable enough we can seriously hold talks about where to relocate it since xamar is not a feasible option and is literally controlled by one clan which is not fair to the others.

Aseer

VIP
I love g towns central.location and can be protected from the south, north, east, even from.dds. It's like garowe location as we can rush in from.las anod, bari, galkacyo as its inside and covered.from all harti corners like a heart is protected by a body. The heart is garowe and the body is PL. I can see the same thing for g town where it will be heart of somalia and the body will be north, south, west, east protecting the new somali capital.
1711260381397.png

1711260392151.png

Galkacyo is a very good candidate it's so hard to choose between it and ceerigaabo, but I think if galkacyo gets some love some trees planted and reforested, better urban planning and some roads connecting I to south and north as well as to ports north, south and east it would be a formidable and very profitable capital it's also in medium proximity to the instability so a bit of counterinsurgency to clear the region and its all set.

Once we stabilize the country we can have these sorts of discussions it should only be moved to a multi clan city so no one has exclusive claim so GLK and Ceerigabo are good options

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
View attachment 321473
View attachment 321474

Galkacyo is a very good candidate it's so hard to choose between it and ceerigaabo, but I think if galkacyo gets some love some trees planted and reforested, better urban planning and some roads connecting I to south and north as well as to ports north, south and east it would be a formidable and very profitable capital it's also in medium proximity to the instability so a bit of counterinsurgency to clear the region and its all set.

We won't get a city that meets all the below criterias such as

1. Geology
2. Mixed clan location so it doesn't lead to unuka leh
3. Location access for trade and also defence
4. Good Isimo and social stability

Those are like mandatory criteria. The other things u listed such.as good governance, town plan, etc are desirable criterias. No one city will score 100% score over the mandatory and desirable criterias what will play a big role is somali political direction and goals and that will.generate their priorities which will provide extra weight to each criteria as other features play a desirable criteria not.mandatory.

It comes down to security and trade link priority then g town will win but if comes down to local mixed clan stability and good Isimo then erigavo will win. It all.depends on somali.priorities of the day and its hard to argue the biggest somali.goal is security and g town will win since its accessible to all regions to defend in the event of domestic or.foreign threats but their also.weak when it comes to.good quality Isimo and social cohesion.

Aseer

VIP
We won't get a city that meets all the below criterias such as

1. Geology
2. Mixed clan location so it doesn't lead to unuka leh
3. Location access for trade and also defence
4. Good Isimo and social stability

Those are like mandatory criteria. The other things u listed such.as good governance, town plan, etc are desirable criterias. No one city will score 100% score over the mandatory and desirable criterias what will play a big role is somali political direction and goals and that will.generate their priorities which will provide extra weight to each criteria as other features play a desirable criteria not.mandatory.

It comes down to security and trade link priority then g town will win but if comes down to local mixed clan stability and good Isimo then erigavo will win. It all.depends on somali.priorities of the day and its hard to argue the biggest somali.goal is security and g town will win since its accessible to all regions to defend in the event of domestic or.foreign threats but their also.weak when it comes to.good quality Isimo and social cohesion.
Sax doc, how about a dual capital structure?

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
How do you want to move the capital to a city where 7 tribes live, and the only reason for the lack of conflict in the city is an agreement that occurred in 1993. Even the police in ceerigaabo cannot arrest a person before they take permission from caaqilka reerka

Follow the South African model and have 3 capitals. One where the parliament is located (maybe Hargeisa), one for the supreme court (Garowe), and one where all the embassies are located (stays in Mogadishu).

Trending

Latest posts