Programmers and network engineers soo gala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this thread. I am studying XXXX engineering (not IT related), and in some courses the programming language MATLAB is used. Even though we only touch the surface of programming I have found it interesting and are planning to learn programming to a decent level by myself, in shaa Allah. My question is, should I stick to MATLAB until I learn it well, or should I start of with another language? And what learning method do you recommend (i.e. books or online courses etc)? And lastly, beside programming what other things should I also learn that will help me ( maths is a given, though calculus and linear algebra etc is covered in uni)?

It depends what you want to do with programming..

Embedded design and hardware ? C/C++/Assembly languages

Develop Native andriod apps ? Java programming

Multipurpose language that can accomplish most tasks? Python

Web Development ? Django, Ruby on Rails, Node.js..

There are many resources you can use online to get you kick started with programming, I wouldn't reccommend books unless its your preference

Matlab is the only programming language course Engineers that are not in Electrical, Computer, Software, Communications take.

I would say brush up on your math, an Engineering degree is very rigorous and you will be called upon to tap into your knowledge base on math from time to time.

I would also say to work on a side project that you can put on your resume which increases your employability.

Odeg

Gedo
Since its only a hobby I would like to get a basic understanding of primararly front- and back end (focus on front end).

But I have not started yet, what would you recommend to a newbie?
Javascript and you can learn php later for backend.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I have been briefly in Network side of things and its hard to find jobs doing it, I am now a Software Engineer and its been alot better.

There is a heavy need out there for Software Engineers/Developers/Programmers

Status
Not open for further replies.