Programmers and network engineers soo gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Well since python is not offered to us Engineers since we start off with Assembly and C++, I had to learn python myself and it took 1 month and a half but could have learned it more quickly was just lazy.

Best thing I made was a two player snake game. Although it has some bugs because to lazy to fix it but yeah
How did you learn it? Through YouTube tutorials, books?

Betterbro

*MWAH* 2 my h8trs
What the best language to learn? I know a little javascript and some python, but I want to master something useful instead of wasting my time

What the best language to learn? I know a little javascript and some python, but I want to master something useful instead of wasting my time

Depends on what you want to do, if you are not doing the traditional 4 years degree and you are learning languages yourself then I suggest you learn HTML/CSS/JavaScript and some ruby on rails or Django.

Reason is that web development industry is booming and they are hiring people left and right. So you might want to pick up on those skills if your reason to learning languages is to get a job.

Genie

The last suugo bender

I recommend you learn python its a powerful language and enables you to do a wide variety of things its also fairly easy to grasp especially for beginners, once you are confident with python i suggest you move on to java script , C++ or even PHP, to widen your variety.

Betterbro

*MWAH* 2 my h8trs
I recommend you learn python its a powerful language and enables you to do a wide variety of things its also fairly easy to grasp especially for beginners, once you are confident with python i suggest you move on to java script , C++ or even PHP, to widen your variety.

I actually just decided to stop learning python and focus on HTML than CSS, finally relearning parts of Javascript I didn't cover after that SQL than ultimately moving back to python.

Tbh, python was hella easy to learn but I feel like I rushed into it and didn't have a substantial foundation to build off of.

Betterbro

*MWAH* 2 my h8trs
Depends on what you want to do, if you are not doing the traditional 4 years degree and you are learning languages yourself then I suggest you learn HTML/CSS/JavaScript and some ruby on rails or Django.

Reason is that web development industry is booming and they are hiring people left and right. So you might want to pick up on those skills if your reason to learning languages is to get a job.
Thank you for this!

I decided to do just that :)

Genie

The last suugo bender
I actually just decided to stop learning python and focus on HTML than CSS, finally relearning parts of Javascript I didn't cover after that SQL than ultimately moving back to python.

Tbh, python was hella easy to learn but I feel like I rushed into it and didn't have a substantial foundation to build off of.

For someone like me with little IT knowledge (they made ICT optional but year 8 ) i dropped it by year 9 to focus on maths, science yada yada the IT they use to teach then was excel sheets and how to gather data and i was sick of the boring ass classes so for someone who had maybe a little experience with code except say scratch , python was a good place to start , seemd like you had a bit more knowledge either so do what you feel is right for you.

Well since python is not offered to us Engineers since we start off with Assembly and C++, I had to learn python myself and it took 1 month and a half but could have learned it more quickly was just lazy.

Best thing I made was a two player snake game. Although it has some bugs because to lazy to fix it but yeah

How do you teach yourself programming? What resources do you use?

How do you teach yourself programming? What resources do you use?

The only thing I taught myself was python since the course wasn't offered to us.

First I started off using code academy and udemy but I didn't like the progress I was making so I just asked my friends in comp science to send me one of their Ebooks for python since they take the course.

So I learned the syntax plus conditional, lists, arrays, object oriented programming and once I felt comfortable with those I worked on couple of assignments and a final project.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
The only thing I taught myself was python since the course wasn't offered to us.

First I started off using code academy and udemy but I didn't like the progress I was making so I just asked my friends in comp science to send me one of their Ebooks for python since they take the course.

So I learned the syntax plus conditional, lists, arrays, object oriented programming and once I felt comfortable with those I worked on couple of assignments and a final project.
are you in university

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts