Polish guy visits Mogadishu and gives his Honest Opinion

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch

He said he never saw a country like this
He compared xamar to Kabul and said “Kabul is dangerous But clean and nice ,while Mogadishu is dangerous and dirty”

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP

He said he never saw a country like this
He compared xamar to Kabul and said “Kabul is dangerous But clean and nice ,while Mogadishu is dangerous and dirty”

From my experience most Somalis don't practice environmental hygiene

I been to alot of cities from Erigavo all the way to Garowe

And i have to say Garowe is a gem when it comes to cleanliness and planning, I spent a day there for transit purposes and it was the highlight of my trip 😂

There’s a lot of rubbish everywhere in xamar that was my least favourite thing when I went
It’s a shame they don’t know the oppuritunities of recycling. You could privatize with the right knowledge by starting your own repurposing of plastic into other items.

USA invested tens of billions in Kabul.
but agree with cleanes part.
Also, northern xamar is literally a shthole with half destroyed homes. The southern parts like hodan/airport area is nicer. He didn’t show the nice areas/restaurants. They never do.
And idk about a 💣 that happened last week.

But overall, i total agree with this guy’s assessment. Xamar’s darkest days are over Alx.
But still got another like another decade before it could be a tourist friendly city.
One thing I liked tho was that no one bothered him or bother foreigners.

Last edited:

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
It’s a shame they don’t know the oppuritunities of recycling. You could privatize with the right knowledge by starting your own repurposing of plastic into other items.
It’s sad as hell xamar would look a lot better if people picked up the rubbish and recycled

It’s not islamic to litter. it’s actually sunnah to pick up and throw away hazardous objects on the road. We need to get littering out of our dhaqan it’s haram

Last edited:
They should scrap visas for non-Somalis.

Nothing i hate more than 'extreme' travellers
They don’t need to do this it’s just unnecessary. Let the culture consume you.

I want to see videos of them trying caano geel and our Somali cuisine. But I guess it’s not about what we want

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
I have seen that the officials now employ street sweepers in xamar however I suspect that it is only utilized in affluent areas. Regardless the city is long over due a reworking, I mean we need to have discussion on city planning and building regulations.

From my experience most Somalis don't practice environmental hygiene

I been to alot of cities from Erigavo all the way to Garowe

And i have to say Garowe is a gem when it comes to cleanliness and planning, I spent a day there for transit purposes and it was the highlight of my trip 😂

Garowe is clean + calm, two things I love.

There are only a few eyesores;

1. The IDP (people who fled South Somalia), camp area
2. The road to the Airport.

The IDP campsite needs to be demolished and turned into affordable housing, that would solve 80% of the aesthetic issue in that side of town. They also need to plant trees on the road to the Airport.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP

1. The IDP camp area

The IDP campsite needs to be demolished and turned into affordable housing, that would solve 80% of the aesthetic issue in that side of town. They also need to plant trees on the road to the Airport.

Grass would be better but idek if you can plant grass never heard of that 😭😭

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP

1. The IDP (people who fled South Somalia), camp area

Definitely IDPs should get better housing jingads belong in villages

Definitely IDPs should get better housing jingads belong in villages

They need to build permanent housing for IDPs in the areas they fled from, aka 'bullied and chased away' from. Such as South-West, HirShabelle and Jubbaland. In Puntland, I would say, we need subsidised council housing, so that IDP labourers can pay rent and contribute to the local economy.

i hope they rebuild the old school castles and forts around the country one day. it’ll look cool and nostalgic about our roots as an islamic coastal african empire

i hope they rebuild the old school castles and forts around the country one day. it’ll look cool and nostalgic about our roots as an islamic coastal african empire

The Italian demons bombed the castles and forts of the North-East, that's why they're damaged and crumbling. The British did the same to the Dervish capital of Taleex if I am not mistaken.

They do need to be rehabilitated and turned into museums and so forth.

Trending