Podcast for non-religious somalis is hereby launched, today's topic is why Somali leave islam

What did you think of the episode?

• Well done

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Amazing

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • The muslims stand no chance against the dawah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Masha-waaq Shaydan has taught you guys well

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't truly "leave" as long as your friends and family is stuck in mental cages and act/think in ways contrary to their own and others well-being, an astute observation otherwise.

The first step is to break the taboo only then we'll reach a day where ex-muslim or ex-any other religion does not exist and people can just be.

Have you taken the time to listen and what did you think?
I listened to the first part because I was curious as to what a Swedish accent sounds like on a somali person. I was surprised to hear you sound British and much older than I thought (mid 30s)

I listened to the first part because I was curious as to what a Swedish accent sounds like on a somali person. I was surprised to hear you sound British and much older than I thought (mid 30s)

Acuudbillah, mid 30s? No insult is greater than that:jcoleno:

listen to the last part and give us the constructive critiques that you can make

Are you muslim by any means?

I fail to see what makes the podcast "edgy", I guess it is not for everyone.
Of course I’m Muslim. By edgy I mean all the talk about shaitan and party in jahanam, waaq, typical stuff. Obviously if you are atheist, you don’t believe in one side you don’t believe in the other. But I hate how atheists try to act cool by thinking they are rebelling against god. How are you rebelling against someone you don’t believe in? It’s a way to come across as cool, or as to comfort yourself with an inevitable reality

I didn’t listen past the intro

Of course I’m Muslim. By edgy I mean all the talk about shaitan and party in jahanam, waaq, typical stuff. Obviously if you are atheist, you don’t believe in one side you don’t believe in the other. But I hate how atheists try to act cool by thinking they are rebelling against god. How are you rebelling against someone you don’t believe in? It’s a way to come across as cool, or as to comfort yourself with an inevitable reality

I didn’t listen past the intro

The intro was supposed to mirror the one by secular jihadist, which subverts stereotypes made against atheists by making fun of them and even incorporating them into their intro and this was our intention.

It is best not to project your understanding unto others, it's easier to misjudge something when you haven't taken the time to actually listen to the other side.

We're not rebelling against a mythical God instead we are examining and discussing the impact said beliefs or other presuppositions have on our culture and how it affects real people and ourselves, this show is intended to allow a broader discourse than our current one, and it will hopefully effectuate change and activism as a result.

Ken Kaneki

Somalia needs the KGB
A
The intro was supposed to mirror the one by secular jihadist, which subverts stereotypes made against atheists by making fun of them and even incorporating them into their intro and this was our intention.

It is best not to project your understanding unto others, it's easier to misjudge something when you haven't taken the time to actually listen to the other side.

We're not rebelling against a mythical God instead we are examining and discussing the impact said beliefs or other presuppositions have on our culture and how it affects real people and ourselves, this show is intended to allow a broader discourse than our current one, and it will hopefully effectuate change and activism as a result.
Are you gay?

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
What's with Somali murtads and Waaq? It's like calling yourself a proud pagan. Bizarre people, wallahi.

May the Almighty (subhanahu wa tala) in all His wisdom guide you, for He knows better than you or I.

Last edited:
What do you mean by strange?

Its different, something i dont usualy hear so its interesting and i like it but i think the fact that an online survey of somali atheist is strange. Dont know if i can trust it. Like 35% of atheists being from africa just sounds wild to me.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Listened to decent chunks of the podcast - am very saddened to hear the discontent they speak when they mention Islam. As if it's a burden. As if it isn't their one and only ticket to Jannah. Taking pride with succumbing to Iblees and his forces. It's so disheartening to see fellow Somalis in such a state like this.

I wish they were more open about their initial disbeliefs when they were first doubting (as most usually don't consult any Islamic help and instead surround themselves with other voices of disbelief, creating an echo chamber reinforcing their disbeliefs) so they could either:

a) Discuss Islam with their local imam and participate more actively within their Islamic community, eventually getting them back into the folds
b) Temporary dhaqan celis to rural Somalia
c) Permanent dhaqan celis to Somalia

What times we live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts