Patriarchy in Afghanistan explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muji

VIP
I’m sure you’ve heard the incels telling us that without particarchy society fails to function.

Well This is where unadulterated patriarchy leads to
https://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefweb.int/files/resources/1601E The Other Side of Gender Inequality- Men and Masculinities in Afghanistan.pdf

Some of you are unable to read anything that isn’t a buzzfeed article so let me help you.

Over 50% of Afghan men and women questioned think it’s acceptable to beat your wife if she disobeys you.
Things like talking to a man is seen as adultery and warrants a harsh punishment.
Men are the expected to be the breadwinners and women are the home makers, when men find this task hard they take out their frustration on the women who they see as their property.
The justification for beating your wife included leaving the house without permission and even refusing sex
Because a woman is expected to be a homemaker she isn’t educated
Most of the participants in this report, cited a lack of education for females as the reason why women faced so much violence and inequality.

All round Afghanistan is the poster child for unfiltered patriarchy and where it leads you to.

I’m sure you’ve heard the incels telling us that without particarchy society fails to function.

Well This is where unadulterated patriarchy leads to
https://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefweb.int/files/resources/1601E The Other Side of Gender Inequality- Men and Masculinities in Afghanistan.pdf

Some of you are unable to read anything that isn’t a buzzfeed article so let me help you.

Over 50% of Afghan men and women questioned think it’s acceptable to beat your wife if she disobeys you.
Things like talking to a man is seen as adultery and warrants a harsh punishment.
Men are the expected to be the breadwinners and women are the home makers, when men find this task hard they take out their frustration on the women who they see as their property.
The justification for beating your wife included leaving the house without permission and even refusing sex
Because a woman is expected to be a homemaker she isn’t educated
Most of the participants in this report, cited a lack of education for females as the reason why women faced so much violence and inequality.

All round Afghanistan is the poster child for unfiltered patriarchy and where it leads you to.

Eight out of the ten worst places for women are Muslim, that is no coincidence.

Islam has legitimized this patriarchal culture and how couldn't it when the Prophet had female sex slaves named Maria al-Qibtiyya, says a nation with a woman leader is bound to not succeed in Sahih Bukhari Book 92, Hadith 50 (Angela Merkel says hello), and it is encouraging of domestic violence.

At least the jews had sense enough to curb the worst tendencies of their religion and now live better lives than 99 % of all muslims.

Source: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/03/08/worst-country-woman/406182002/

Muji

VIP
Are we Asians, what does their patriarchy have to do with us

I’m showing the dangers of patriarchy

People here make threads about their non-existing future daughters sex life. Stop pretending there’s a quality filter on somalispot.

Are we Asians, what does their patriarchy have to do with us

Do Somali girls have the same opportunities as boys?

Is violence against women an issue?

Why is unhealthy FGM practice kept alive?

Where does Somalia rank as place to live for women?

Does the laws adequately protect women?

All these questions relate to patriarchy, and the answer to most of these is no.

Muji

VIP
@Steamdevolopment I've also learnt bride burning is popular there. I had to google what it was. When the family fails to pay the girls dowry the husband or his family burn her alive. You can’t attribute that to Islam sis, since Islam forbids you to burn a human or an animal alive. It seems like this is rooted in their culture.

@Steamdevolopment I've also learnt bride burning is popular there. I had to google what it was. When the family fails to pay the girls dowry the husband or his family burn her alive. You can’t attribute that to Islam sis, since Islam forbids you to burn a human or an animal alive. It seems like this is rooted in their culture.

Why does the site not have a sad button?

That is true but domestic violence excuses other forms of violence against women, in the same way sexual repressions excuses other forms intrusion into women's life. The laws and norms are expanded creating an ever more restrictive existence for women.

Islam legitimizes the first stage and as a natural consequences the second stage comes in the form of non-islamic laws that are closely linked to it by example denying women to drive. Islam does not contain these forces rather it exacerbates the issue.

It is a fundamental problem with the way a country should be governed, once irrationality is accepted as valid there is no rational recourse as they argue this is the will of God or culture instead of asking if the law/regulations/norm is rationally beneficial.

Do Somali girls have the same opportunities as boys?

Is violence against women an issue?

Why is unhealthy FGM practice kept alive?

Where does Somalia rank as place to live for women?

Does the laws adequately protect women?

All these questions relate to patriarchy, and the answer to most of these is no.
I don’t know what part of Somali Regions you are from but our women aren’t abused, no man with guts will ever try to put his hands on the women under my protection.

FGM practice is kept by women, hopefully we end this practice in this generation.

Compared to other countries Somali women are independent, we don’t have honor killings, acid attacks, forced marriages with cousins, women can drive, they can travel alone and much more.

We have xeer system look it up

I don’t know what part of Somali Regions you are from but our women aren’t abused, no man with guts will ever try to put his hands on the women under my protection.

FGM practice is kept by women, hopefully we end this practice in this generation.

Compared to other countries Somali women are independent, we don’t have honor killings, acid attacks, forced marriages with cousins, women can drive, they can travel alone and much more.

We have xeer system look it up

That is only partially true and low standard to add to that.

You can't speak for women but there is wide-spread spousal abuse, gender-based violence in the form of systematic rape, especially for IDP and minority clans. The fact that she'd need your protection is in itself an expression of patriarchy, as she's learned protection as extension of you, in that sense they fear the response not because they violated a woman but because it is your woman.

Xeer system is wholly inadequate as it is entirely run by older men who can't empathize with a woman who's lived experience is starkly different from theirs and in a culture where even rape victims do not bring their claims in public due to shame. Xeer and any other such tribal system is dismissive of women and not capable of understanding the complex dynamics that allows for abuse, rape or other forms of mistreatment or trauma.

I’m showing the dangers of patriarchy

People here make threads about their non-existing future daughters sex life. Stop pretending there’s a quality filter on somalispot.

As Somali we are not as strict to women as other cultures. What we will gain from abusing our women who are the mothers of our nation.

That is only partially true and low standard to add to that.

You can't speak for women but there is wide-spread spousal abuse, gender-based violence in the form of systematic rape, especially for IDP and minority clans. The fact that she'd need your protection is in itself an expression of patriarchy, as she's learned protection as extension of you, in that sense they fear the response not because they violated a woman but because it is your woman.

Xeer system is wholly inadequate as it is entirely run by older men who can't empathize with a woman who's lived experience is starkly different from theirs and in a culture where even rape victims do not bring their claims in public due to shame. Xeer and any other such tribal system is dismissive of women and not capable of understanding the complex dynamics that allows for abuse, rape or other forms of mistreatment or trauma.

Are you saying it’s wrong to protect our women from the men who abuse them. What is the purpose of our God given strength if we can’t defend our women.

Do you have a better system than xeer for women. I would advise you to look at other ajinabi women rights compared to yours as a Somali women and see the difference.

Afghanistan is a shit hole because of countless wars fought there and it's geopgrphy it hasn't nothing to do with patriarchy. The world is run by men sister accept the patriarchy :salute:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Afghanistan and Syria are in worse conditions than us. That's an achievement :lolbron:

I think knowles has penis envy,deep down she wants to be a man,thats why her profile says male,she is entertaining the idea of becoming a lesbian and walking around with a penis strap,ofcoarse steamdevOlopment is excited,you can feel their love building up here in sspot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts