NEWS Parliament approves 13 senate seats for Mogadishu.

@Ayubi Somalia had 18 provinces as of 1991 and the previous government of Hassan Sheikh introduced a new system for the upper house which was eventually agreed upon by political stakeholders of the country.

According to the constitution, each region has 3 MPs in the senate. That would be 18x3= 54 MPs.

The senate MPs cannot exceed beyond that magic number. Federal member states will get more seats depending on the number of regions they control.

But the current ruling of giving 1 REGION 13 seats is beyond insanity. It's literally UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

THE CONSTITUTION SAYS each region can have maximum of 3 MPs and the mooryaans disregarded it.

Some Hawiye members are joyously celebrating this decision but soon or later the chickens will come home to roast. Puntland, Jubaland and even K/Galbeed are firmly opposing this motion and it won't be pretty. It will be declared Null and void soon.
If the constitution gives three MPs to every region then why does Somaliland that constitutes of 5 regions has only 11 MPs while 3x5=15 or PL that constitutes only of 2 regions has 11 MP's. Why do JL and SWS which both constitute of 3 regions have only 8 seats in upper house each? Why does HS and GM that constitute of only 2 regions have both 8 seats? So every state is already breaking the constitution or what you wrote is just fiction.
:ulyin:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
If the constitution gives three MPs to every region then why does Somaliland that constitutes of 5 regions has only 11 MPs while 3x5=15 or PL that constitutes only of 2 regions has 11 MP's. Why do JL and SWS which both constitute of 3 regions have only 8 seats in upper house each? Why does HS and GM that constitute of only 2 regions have both 8 seats? So every state is already breaking the constitution or what you wrote is just fiction.
:ulyin:
HSM counted SSC as part and parcel of Puntland. Initially Puntland was given 14 MPs but after tumultuous discussions that lasted weeks it was agreed to deduct 3 seats from Puntland.

The numbers were reshuffled just to appease the hütùs and calm their nerves down a bit. The constitution clearly states that magic number of 54 MPs which is 18x3= 54. To just give out 13 seats without a prior conference or an agreement violates the constitution and threatens the legality of the parliament. Such drastic acts can cause irreparable damage to the already fragile governance of Somalia. It can literally be the final straw that breaks the camel's back.
Screenshot_2020-06-28-23-18-25-38.png

HSM counted SSC as part and parcel of Puntland. Initially Puntland was given 14 MPs but after tumultuous discussions that lasted weeks it was agreed to deduct 3 seats from Puntland.

The numbers were reshuffled just to appease the hütùs and calm their nerves down a bit. The constitution clearly states that magic number of 54 MPs which is 18x3= 54. To just give out 13 seats without a prior conference or an agreement violates the constitution and threatens the legality of the parliament. Such drastic acts can cause irreparable damage to the already fragile governance of Somalia. It can literally be the final straw that breaks the camel's back.View attachment 128647
The lower house is the highest authority in the country, if they decide Banaadir gets 13 or 40mps makes no difference it's the will of the people and law of the land. PL is irrelevant desert and it will continue sliding into obscurity, qofba na'iima baahna, declare your independence or whatever you won't be missed.
:manny:
BTW the constitution became irrelevant the day you refused to let go of North Mudug even though the federal parliament decided all of Galgaduud and all of Mudug form one state. The sad part is, instead of using your political capital to create Sool and Sanaag state your leaders were against it even though we proposed it to you back in 2012 and today you are crying fowl cause your greed and xaasidnimo has put you in a disadvantageous position. Ciil u dhinta
:lolbron:

Last edited:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
:manny:
BTW the constitution became irrelevant the day you refused to let go of North Mudug
:damnmusic: are you for real?! Why would I let go of a region under my autonomous control for 20 years?! Galmudug was created in 2015, tell me how they have the right to rule all of Mudug?! North Mudug was secure PL region for two decades before Galmudug came into existence. Your logic is terrible indeed.

Everything is a Jabarti plot, for real. I'll say this once and for all. It's better to ally with Rahanweyn in Konfuur than Hawiyes. We both have mutual enemies.

:stevej:
RX betrayed us and made a deal with hutus thinking they’ll get some seats..that’s why darood mps didn’t attend parliament session

RX betrayed us and made a deal with ****s thinking they’ll get some seats..that’s why darood mps didn’t attend parliament session

Tread carefully sxb, antagonizing HAG inorder to please the naago puntilands won't help your doomed cause in jubaland.

While all jebertis might be the same to us HAG, you folks the ogadens are weakest and easiest to remove from the Somalia's politics, your whole existentialism is based on holding that Kikuye Kenya's testicles/balls tighter.

If I were you folks, I'd continue to what the ogadens where always known for and that is subserviency to the Government of Nation in this case Somalia's SFG just as you do to Addis Ababa and Nairobi.

In short Garowe won't be there to hold your nuts when the guns go blazing in Kismayo........

Tread carefully sxb, antagonizing HAG inorder to please the naago puntilands won't help your doomed cause in jubaland.

While all jebertis might be the same to us HAG, you folks the ogadens are weakest and easiest to remove from the Somalia's politics, your whole existentialism is based on holding that Kikuye Kenya's testicles/balls tighter.

If I were you folks, I'd continue to what the ogadens where always known for and that is subserviency to the Government of Nation in this case Somalia's SFG just as you do to Addis Ababa and Nairobi.

In short Garowe won't be there to hold your nuts when the guns go blazing in Kismayo........
JVA days are over Warya whutuu moryaans can’t step a foot in JL car wakaase haramka imaw wallahi wa lagu wasi

Trending

Latest posts