Overpopulation, Eugenics + Capitalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukraq

VIP
overpopulation is a myth in that he earth can support far over those conservative estimations by those with the malthusian philosophy

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Zina is bad. I'm just saying that people will do it regardless, and protection against diseases and prevention of babies should be available. There is a difference between how we want the world to be, and how it really is. Let's take realistic approaches to problems.
I don't agree that Zina is bad but I agree with you on the rest.

Aaegal

@Aaegal Also, in your argument that people already commit zina without a condom so we might as well provide them with one--to me, that sounds as logical as saying people commit murder so we might as well provide them with the knife they need to do the job well.

The children born out of such a reckless encounter are miskiin, and top priority should be given to look after them. I just don't think providing access to condoms is the right answer.
False equivalence and you know it.

Yes orphans are miskiin and people should adopt them. How about instead of having so many children, you go and adopt.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
I wasn't aware others could preform Sunnah on the behalf of others, or is it for the parents making the decision and not the child? If it was about Sunnah, you could let your child decide when he comes of age.

Again, proper hygiene plays a part in inflammation, uti and cancer risk reduction. For a pious person like you, there would ultimately be minimal risk with sexually transmitted diseases. For others, that is why things like sex education i.e. condoms are beneficial.

There is no fixed age for circumcision in Islam, as Prophet Ibrahim (AS) himself circumcised himself at a very late age. Different cultures get it done at different ages, but usually before or at the age of puberty is universally preferable. It's Sunnah for both the parents and the child, for the parents partaking in cleaning their child and the child for being clean.

Of course proper hygiene is encouraged, however circumcision still remains to this day one of the best guarantees of clean privates. Not all people care about pleasing Allah (SWT), which is admittedly an issue as you brought up, so I don't really have a response to those who still adamantly commit zina and curse themselves with a sexually transmitted illness. They did that to themselves--however I am worried for all vulnerable wives who're unfortunate enough to have a wh*re-mongering hubsand who recklessly infects them with the illness.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
False equivalence and you know it.

Yes orphans are miskiin and people should adopt them. How about instead of having so many children, you go and adopt.

Is it really, though? You're still encouraging people to engage in evil.

I will inshallah adopt a young Muslim child if I can when I'm older. It's very much Sunnah, after all the Prophet (PBUH) was not raised by his own parents and he in turn adopted Zayd Ibn Haritha (RA).

Aaegal

There is no fixed age for circumcision in Islam, as Prophet Ibrahim (AS) himself circumcised himself at a very late age. Different cultures get it done at different ages, but usually before or at the age of puberty is universally preferable. It's Sunnah for both the parents and the child, for the parents partaking in cleaning their child and the child for being clean.

Of course proper hygiene is encouraged, however circumcision still remains to this day one of the best guarantees of clean privates. Not all people care about pleasing Allah (SWT), which is admittedly an issue as you brought up, so I don't really have a response to those who still adamantly commit zina and curse themselves with a sexually transmitted illness. They did that to themselves--however I am worried for all vulnerable wives who're unfortunate enough to have a wh*re-mongering hubsand who recklessly infects them with the illness.

Yes but majority of people are circumcised as children, so it isn't Sunnah for them. If there is no age limit, parent should wait and let their children decide what they want to do with their body. You can't do good deeds on the behalf of others. I also do not understand why god would create man with a body part that clearly has a defined function to be cut off.

If given the choice I would rather take the risk and continue to properly clean myself as I currently do.

Is it really, though? You're still encouraging people to engage in evil.

I will inshallah adopt a young Muslim child if I can when I'm older. It's very much Sunnah, after all the Prophet (PBUH) was not raised by his own parents and he in turn adopted Zayd Ibn Haritha (RA).

Yes it is. Regardless of your religious/non religious affiliation, murder is wrong. Sex on the other hand is subjective, depending on your moral standards.

Use of condoms between consenting adults should be encouraged. As @The alchemist says, people will engage in whatever behaviors they like so you might as well reduce the spread of STI's and prevent the conception/birth of unwanted children.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Yes but majority of people are circumcised as children, so it isn't Sunnah for them. If there is no age limit, parent should wait and let their children decide what they want to do with their body. You can't do good deeds on the behalf of others. I also do not understand why god would create man with a body part that clearly has a defined function to be cut off.

If given the choice I would rather take the risk and continue to properly clean myself as I currently do.

Yes it is. Regardless of your religious/non religious affiliation, murder is wrong. Sex on the other hand is subjective, depending on your moral standards.

Use of condoms between consenting adults should be encouraged. As @The alchemist says, people will engage in whatever behaviors they like so you might as well reduce the spread of STI's and prevent the conception/birth of unwanted children.

Don't think you fully understand what Sunnah means--it's a custom that as Muslims we're strongly encouraged to follow. Child circumcision is just one of the many things we're suppose to do, it's not that deep. Getting your kids circumcised is like teaching your child about the Qu'ran. Sure, parents aren't forced to make their children learn about the diin while they're still so young, but what's the harm in doing so? Especially since they're already expected to do it when they become of age? Except then there's much less room for mistakes, so it's a lot more practical to teach them while they're still little. Circumcision for an infant is also much less painful than for an adult, might I add. This is not a practice that requires free will from Allah (SWT) so I don't know why you keep bringing that up.

That's on you if you would risk getting one of the many drawbacks of avoiding circumcision, just understand it's not a very wise decision.

Some cultures have different definitions of unjust murder (i.e abortion, just to name one) that would easily fit the standard for murder in another culture. Sex is as subjective as murder. So, yes, we could make an argument that aiding in zina is not that far off from aiding in murder in our culture (Somali culture).

Aaegal

Don't think you fully understand what Sunnah means--it's a custom that as Muslims we're strongly encouraged to follow. Child circumcision is just one of the many things we're suppose to do, it's not that deep. Getting your kids circumcised is like teaching your child about the Qu'ran. Sure, parents aren't forced to make their children learn about the diin while they're still so young, but what's the harm in doing so? Especially since they're already expected to do it when they become of age? Except then there's much less room for mistakes, so it's a lot more practical to teach them while they're still little. Circumcision for an infant is also much less painful than for an adult, might I add. This is not a practice that requires free will from Allah (SWT) so I don't know why you keep bringing that up.

That's on you if you would risk getting one of the many drawbacks of avoiding circumcision, just understand it's not a very wise decision.

Some cultures have different definitions of unjust murder (i.e abortion, just to name one) that would easily fit the standard for murder in another culture. Sex is as subjective as murder. So, yes, we could make an argument that aiding in zina is not that far off from aiding in murder in our culture (Somali culture).

What I'm saying is, circumcision is Sunnah for the parent to do to their child, not the child it's being done to.

Murder is objectively worse than sex. One is a non consensual and permanent end to someones life and the other is a consensual and enjoyable act.

I'm really curious to know if premarital sex is prohibited in cultures without religious influences.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
What I'm saying is, circumcision is Sunnah for the parent to do to their child, not the child it's being done to.

Murder is objectively worse than sex. One is a non consensual and permanent end to someones life and the other is a consensual and enjoyable act.

I'm really curious to know if premarital sex is prohibited in cultures without religious influences.

Ae

Dont be curious. Where there is no religion, there is free sex. The purpose of religion is to restrain our nature, which is to have sex like we drink water. But i beg to differ. I am different from a normal human. Sex is disgusting. Especially the part of exchange of bodily fluids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts