Over more of 2,000 Ugandans leave for Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
More then 2,000 Ugandan soldiers leave Kamapala today headed to Muqdisho to prolong the occupation of Somalia
Over 2,000 UPDF leave for Somalia
By Andante Okanya

Added 15th July 2017 11:23 AM

Chief of Defence Forces (CDF) Gen David Muhoozi, presided over the ceremony.

Chief of defense forces, David Muhoozi addresses the Ugandan contingent battle group XXII and United Nations Guard Unit (UNGU) during their send off for deployment on a peace keeping mission in Somalia at the Peace Support Operation Training Centre in Singo, Kapeka, Nakaseke district, July 14, 2017. Photos by Maria Wamala

A batch of over 2,000 Uganda People’s Defence Forces (UPDF), has left for Somalia to beef up the African Union backed Africa Mission to Somalia(AMISOM).

The troops were seen off on Friday at the Peace Support Operation Training Centre in Singo, Kapeka, Nakaseke district. Chief of Defence Forces (CDF) Gen David Muhoozi, presided over the ceremony.

PEACEKEEPINGMISSIONS1-680x452.jpg

The troops, categorised as Battle Group XXII and United Nations Guard Unit IV(UNGU IV), will join other troops in the UN funded mission.

Others in attendance were Land Forces commander Maj Gen Peter Elwelu, army spokesperson Brig Richard Karemire, and Battle Group XXII commander Col Bony Bamwiseki, among others.

Muhoozi tasked the troops to maintain UPDF’s solid reputation of successful combat operations, and the unwavering commitment to African solidarity.

Axmed Xaji

Your non-biological father
You should be grateful instead of calling these guys rapists. The entire country would be under shabab control today.

Axmed Xaji

Your non-biological father
They traded with al shabab and sold weapons for them.
A little bit of help is better than nothing. They're not angels but I'd much rather have them than AS. On a side note, avoid saying things on the internet that might be seen as AS propaganda. Even if that's not your intent, it's one of the things they look for online.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
what makes Ugandan soldiers better than Amisom Soldiers? I mean doesn't Uganda fall over Amisom?

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
hariottttttttttt.png

Isn't it obvious?

They're here for the southern delights not Al kebab.

Outfitted with weapons from head to toe and corrupt Somali officials as lookouts which poor refugee date is going to refuse?

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
hariottttttttttt.png

Isn't it obvious?

They're here for the southern delights not Al kebab.

Outfitted with weapons from head to toe and corrupt Somali officials as lookouts which poor refugee date is going to refuse?
I honestly think that our ancestors whip in heavens and turn in their graves. however why more Ugandan troops? isn't Amison's mandate coming to an end, so whats the point?

I honestly think that our ancestors whip in heavens and turn in their graves. however why more Ugandan troops? isn't Amison's mandate coming to an end, so whats the point?

They will leave by end of 2017, till the Somali army be ready, the Somali police will replace them. :manny:

It's a racket and Amisom's mandate starts to wind down next year and should be gone in the next four years

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
:faysalwtf:These Bantus doesn't even know how to drive properly and they will fight AS? deport these inept "soldiers" back to the landlocked Uganda. SL's army should replace them.

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
They will leave by end of 2017, till the Somali army be ready, the Somali police will replace them. :manny:

they have been here there 10 years, Somalia has not built an army capable of taking over security duties and they will leave by the end of 2017? :wtf:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP

Everyone in the Uganda army needs to have their turn. :damn:

They are rotating the battalions until everyone gets paid and laid.

It won't end until terrorism isn't a major issue in Somalia and that won't happen until the leadership takes control of the country and gets rid of the traitors within. :comeon:

AMISON doesn't want it to end so it's up to the SNA or other patriots to finish the job.

Since the SNA is the only force that could fight cross border... all you need to do is corrupt the SNA leadership and you'll have them run around in circles achieving nothing indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts