Our hair is so beautiful/distinctive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to sleep with God's words so I won't bother swearing at you right now but just wait until tomorrow. You will know Somali people for who they truly are.

:farole:

You mean going to sleep praising Allah swt unless that thread was a ruse astagfurallah :ohhh:

I mean it is a sensitive topic. Alhamdulillah we are blessed though
I thought AA's were just super sensitive about hair -- mostly because "kinky" hair seems to be seen as unsightly by some. And its the type many of my AA family has.

Interesting to see the interest is on both sides of the family though. LOL.

I've used Dr. Bronner's all-purpose soap. It's kind of basic so it will leave your hair super dry. I have to neutralize it with an acid, usually lemon juice or apple cider vinegar + dilution. I've done it for months. In an attempt to avoid chemicals in most shampoos and conditioners. I used to do henna and amla powder a while back. It really helps to volumize but I got lazy. And don't get me started with onion juice. :susp:It lingers for weeks.
lol!!!!!

maestro

Cultural revolution
Not on my watch, the habar yunis bloodline will remain. The pure cushitic blood has been tainted to some extent but it still can be preserved, we're a really homogenous people that evidently aren't welcoming to other races. Where did you get the 500bc date from?

500 BC was just a figure of speech meant a fuckton of time ago.

If you believe the habar yonis stories then you believe you great*10 granddaddy was some Arab. Homogeneous my ass. :pachah1:

At least some of us accept that we must've many non Somali ancestors since we never stayed in the same place and got around a lot.

500 BC was just a figure of speech meant a fuckton of time ago.

If you believe the habar yonis stories then you believe you great*10 granddaddy was some Arab. Homogeneous my ass. :pachah1:

At least some of us accept that we must've many non Somali ancestors since we never stayed in the same place and got around a lot.
Lol Dont know where this banu hashim bs came from but I do know my abtirsi has a history rich enough to be preserved. Apart from parts of xamar, all somali tribes are identical in appearance and so I don't think there's been much interference through the years. We're extremely homogenous, if you again exclude the bantus in the south. The origin of somali people is a topic for another day.

Where do you guys believe that the signature Somali features originate from? As in, the aquiline features distinctive hair, etc. its something very distinctively Somali about the appearance.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Where do you guys believe that the signature Somali features originate from? As in, the aquiline features distinctive hair, etc. its something very distinctively Somali about the appearance.

All features are found on the continent, to chalk it up to admixture makes no sense. Especially when sharp features are also found among groups that live in East Africa with little to no admixture - i.e. Omotic and Nilotic populations in East Africa. In fact, sharp features are found everywhere. I will admit there is a bit more uniformity in look among Horners. They have that cookie cutter look. They all look very similar.

d2f831517df7b44bd9cfaffd63976c49--indigenous-tribes-elizabeth-gilbert.jpg

Last edited:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Another hair thread lmao,Somalis have various hair textures,skin colours and features.We have to learn to accept the diversity.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Well I'm banu hashim so I guess that explains my aquiline features,if I had a broad nose I would be a typical AA/west African.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
That line up isn't far back enough. It's fake! As I expected. :ufdup:Show your real hair.
My hair is pretty long in this pic,I dread getting low cuts because my hairline forms a sort of U shape :mjcry:.And for the record it is my real hair,why do you like it :mjpls:.Slide in anytime you're welcome.I don't bite :mybusiness:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts