oromophobia

The prophet saw never wore alindi what are you even talking about?
so you’re just responded to disagree without reading anything that I stated miya? Go reread what I wrote, you entered a convo that you had absolutely 0 knowledge on. You’ve yet to answer what ethnic Somali landheer clan makes textiles.

Sxb the issue in this space is is that whenever a narrative is challenged, some people see you as an enemy of the identity. They probably think that doing actual historical work undermines the wishes they have of a grandiose history perhaps.
Ebow they just regurgitate kaacan buufis they learned from vintage videos on YouTube. She threw xamar being a trading ground in there and went straight to asking if I was cad cad. While claiming the history of foreign merchants, the internet is a wild place.

Hamzza

VIP
Ebow they just regurgitate kaacan buufis they learned from vintage videos on YouTube. She threw xamar being a trading ground in there and went straight to asking if I was cad cad. While claiming the history of foreign merchants, the internet is a wild place.
They hate cadcads, and want to claim their achievements and history.
Mogadishu history before 1700 is cadcad history.

so you’re just responded to disagree without reading anything that I stated miya? Go reread what I wrote, you entered a convo that you had absolutely know knowledge on. You’ve yet to answer what ethnic Somali landheer clan makes textiles.
I read what you wrote. That Yemeni cloth is not alindi. It might be similar but it is not Alindi. The people of Mogadishu made the textiles and Hawiye have dominated the city since as far as anyone can tell whether it be Ajuuran or Hiraab

I have never denied the influence of other cultures such as Middle Easterners and South Asians if that is what you're getting at. The source that I quoted literally said a couple lines after that Muqdisho was the center of trade for Persians, Arabs, Indians, and Europeans.

I read what you wrote. That Yemeni cloth is not alindi. It might be similar but it is not Alindi. The people of Mogadishu made the textiles and Hawiye have dominated the city since as far as anyone can tell whether it be Ajuuran or Hiraab

I have never denied the influence of other cultures such as Middle Easterners and South Asians if that is what you're getting at. The source that I quoted literally said a couple lines after that Muqdisho was the center of trade for Persians, Arabs, Indians, and Europeans.
And who are the people of Mogadishu that weave the alindi textiles abaay ????? What is their clan called ? Habirah is alindi, it’s the same fabric Somalis have been saying they gave to Yemenis and attacking them over it whenever they wear it. The fabric goes back long before the 16th century. Nobody denied hawiyes being in xamar.

And who are the people of Mogadishu that weave the alindi textiles abaay ????? What is their clan called ?
I gave you a quote and I said the qabil already.
Habirah is alindi, it’s the same fabric Somalis have been saying they gave to Yemenis and attacking them over it whenever they wear it.
The only thing I have seen Somalis attack Yemenis for was diracs. There are different types of diracs made of different materials so I can't say.

Baati, especially traditional Somali patterns are Somali. Literally no one has worn them before 1970s, not Arabs, not oromos or even Somalis.

Somali women traders that went to south east Asia to get and create fabrics to sell started to sell the scraps as a house dress/ casual dress.

Baati, the way it’s styled and the patterns are obviously Somali. No Arabs are wearing a tie dye or black and green/red (shash patterns) with an underslip and matching gabarsar.

Stealing or claiming baati isn’t just claiming a dress with four holes. It’s how we style and fashion things unique to our distinct culture.

Why do you think we are called Maryoley?
I don’t have a problem with Oromos wearing it, it’s seems like a one way cultural exchange though. But we live and trade near each other but respect that it Somali style.

Also her elders and people back home call it Somali clothes. There’s lots of evidence of this. The beef is in the diaspora because of the lack of respect. Oromos have their own culture/style we don’t claim it.

yall need to stop licking oromos ass. ive never seen a somali wear abaya for a wedding. khamiis and suits part is true but thats because of the inferiority complex of the somali male species. they have abandoned their cultural clothes. i dont care if people wear another persons culture. just dont claim its your culture. is that so hard to get??

Somalis also use to wear the headpiece like Afars, Harari and Oromos. It’s called Angaleel. I’m not sure of the exact spelling but Somali women are fashion oriented so it went out of style. Lots of the Jewelry pieces that Habashas wear or in my Grandmothers set, again we go with the styles.

So it’s interesting to see how because Somali women set trends that our influence is ignored.

Baati, especially traditional Somali patterns are Somali. Literally no one has worn them before 1970s, not Arabs, not oromos or even Somalis.

Somali women traders that went to south east Asia to get and create fabrics to sell started to sell the scraps as a house dress/ casual dress.

Baati, the way it’s styled and the patterns are obviously Somali. No Arabs are wearing a tie dye or black and green/red (shash patterns) with an underslip and matching gabarsar.

Stealing or claiming baati isn’t just claiming a dress with four holes. It’s how we style and fashion things unique to our distinct culture.

Why do you think we are called Maryoley?
I don’t have a problem with Oromos wearing it, it’s seems like a one way cultural exchange though. But we live and trade near each other but respect that it Somali style.

Also her elders and people back home call it Somali clothes. There’s lots of evidence of this. The beef is in the diaspora because of the lack of respect. Oromos have their own culture/style we don’t claim it.
So the afars in jabouti weren’t wearing Baatis until the 70s miya ? They share a whole country with Somalis, a national identity but for some reason they appeared with Baatis during the y2k era. So what were the Somali clans in hararghe wearing before the 70s did the baati not reach them yet? Baati is originally Somali but it has always been worn by groups we share land with. They didn’t start wearing them 15 years ago. Tie-dye print doesn’t come from us it is found in various cultures across Africa. I won’t get into the harari discussion bc they themselves are appropriating the culture of the Pakistanis of east Africa kkkkkkk

So the afars in jabouti weren’t wearing Baatis until the 70s miya ? They share a whole country with Somalis, a national identity but for some reason they appeared with Baatis during the y2k era. So what were the Somali clans in hararghe wearing before the 70s did the baati not reach them yet? Baati is originally Somali but it has always been worn by groups we share land with. They didn’t start wearing them 15 years ago. Tie-dye print doesn’t come from us it is found in various cultures across Africa. I won’t get into the harari discussion bc they themselves are appropriating the culture of the Pakistanis of east Africa kkkkkkk
Reading comprehension ain’t your strong suit. No one was wearing Baatis then because just as I told you it was created by Somali tradeswoman in the 70s. It was popularized in the 80s and only recently non Somalis started wearing it.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I don't have a problem with them. Instead of Somalinimo lowkey it should be Cushiticnimo. I know some of you are like, this guy is crazy but let me land. If all the Cushities united and formed a nation we'd be the biggest state in Africa.

People need stop thinking in the micro and look at the macro but I'm gonna get qashined for presenting new ideas. I'm too ahead of my time, I know how Kanye feels :kanyehmm:
download.jpeg

The only thing I have seen Somalis attack Yemenis for was diracs. There are different types of diracs made of different materials so I can't say.
Reading comprehension ain’t your strong suit. No one was wearing Baatis then because just as I told you it was created by Somali tradeswoman in the 70s. It was popularized in the 80s and only recently non Somalis started wearing it.
Baatis were created in the 70s ???? There are literal vintage pictures of people on the coast wearing them 😂😂😂😂😂 I won’t even dignify that with a response. Take your nonsense back to lipstick avenue

That was before they found out Yemenis in both the north and south wear alindi print which is habira which they wore for centuries. Disregard my other quote I accidentally mentioned you in a reply to someone else.

@alien

Really, dude, you gave me a qashin for thinking that this whole thing is silly and doesn't warrant this drawn out and at times contentious discussion?

:faysalwtf::drakekidding:

Let the girls debate this, my guy; this whole thing is gabdho business

girl-you-know-its-true-milli-vanilli (1).gif

:trumpsmirk::mjlol:

Trending

Latest posts