Oromo politics

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
They are not an ethnic group, more like a cultural group. They assimilated smaller tribes by force killing the men and taking the women on a large scale. They are not as united as some who live closer to the north have had their culture snatched by Habesha and forced to change their names over the centuries.
Why dont they rule Ethiopia? lack of unity. Half are muslim, half are chrisian, and they dont have the same political unity

@Nomoregames2019 I see Sudanese nationalists talking about how Benishangul is Sudanese territory that was given to Menelik by the British colonialists. Apparently the people there are Arabic speaking Nilo-Saharan Muslims. What do you think?

Keep them there. They have been in Ethiopia long enough to consider themselves to be Ethiopian. They are Nilotic people who got Arabised actually.

Apollo

VIP
@Nomoregames2019 I see Sudanese nationalists talking about how Benishangul is Sudanese territory that was given to Menelik by the British colonialists. Apparently the people there are Arabic speaking Nilo-Saharan Muslims. What do you think?

Agaw-like groups: 50% (25% Amhara, 13% Oromo, 8% Shinasha, 4% Agaw-Awi), probably even more as I don't have all the numbers, could be +60%.
Shanqellas :lol: : 20-30%

That province is no longer majority Nilote and will probably never be given to Sudan.

This province stands more chance of seceding.

Agaw-like groups: 50%
Shanqellas :lol: : 20-30%

That province is no longer majority Nilote and will probably never be given to Sudan.

I wonder who are these ''Sudanese nationalists'' that he is referring too. Most of them only really care about by claiming back Halayeb and Shalatin towns in the Halayib Triangle, which is controlled by Egypt and most Sudanese nationalists want them back. I personally don't care about these disputed territories on the Egyptian-Sudanese border as they are basically deserted saharas with no infrastructure, nomad villagers basically occupy these areas lol.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
I wonder who are these ''Sudanese nationalists'' that he is referring too. Most of them only really care about Halaib triangle and Shalatin, which is controlled by Egypt and most Sudanese nationalists want them back. I personally don't care about these disputed territories on the Egyptian-Sudanese border as they are basically deserted Saharas with no infrastructure, nomad villagers basically occupy these areas lol.

Benishangul-Gumuz is like the Xinjiang (China) of Ethiopia. People think it is highly Uyghur (or in the case of Ethiopia Nilote), but it is actually 40% Han Chinese, probably +50% Sinitic. :lol:

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Absolutely useless. They are. How on earth can you be the majority of a country and still get dominated by the other ethnic groups in your country. I literally just found out the term Habesha only just refers to Northern Ethiopians and doesn't even include Oromo people. They are literally considered to be a subhuman tribe/ethnic group of people by the Amhara and Tigray people
It is a bit harsh, man. If Ethiopia manages to stay whole, Oromos are the future of Ethiopia.

The digital age and even the GERD dam (by bringing electricity and connecting to the world through digital media) will further awaken Oromos. I highly doubt Tigrayans can come back to the Addis Ababa pedestal again, at least not in their previous strength. Amharas will adapt and manipulate Oromos from behind.

Tigrayans and Amhara are Semitic people, Oromos and Somalis are Cushitic.

AbdiGeedi

By the way, Germanic, Slavic and Turkic people are used to be looked down and considered inferior by Romans, Persians, etc.

Look at Germany, Russia and Turkey today. These countries were spurred by the above people.

And were are the Romans and Persians?

Oromos might be the next miracle story if they play their cards right.

Somalis need to get Somali region back and keep Oromos at bay from united Somalia.

Last edited:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
I wonder who are these ''Sudanese nationalists'' that he is referring too. Most of them only really care about by claiming back Halayeb and Shalatin towns in the Halayib Triangle, which is controlled by Egypt and most Sudanese nationalists want them back. I personally don't care about these disputed territories on the Egyptian-Sudanese border as they are basically deserted saharas with no infrastructure, nomad villagers basically occupy these areas lol.

Several tweets like this I've come across

Several tweets like this I've come across

I think he is just bringing awareness about their existence by posting about their history and stuff, you would have probably come across Sudanese nationalists tweeting anti-Ethiopian rhetoric on Twitter because of the dam dispute and the Sudanese military clashes with Ethiopian militias, but trust me the average Sudanese nationalist doesn't even know that these people even exist.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Oromos are a fake ethnic group. Most of them who live around Addis Ababa are the same shit as Amharas.

Don't be fooled by the diversity in languages, Ethiopia is ethnically majority proto-Agaw (+70%).
Can you explain this?

@kobe Notice the hashtag '' #سد_النهضة '', you get my point now. He is pushing an agenda, there is nothing genuine about him wanting them to be included back into Sudan. I re-read his tweet, and you can tell whether someone is being genuine or not about a topic. I saw a couple of other anti-Ethiopian tweets based on the same hashtag.

Last edited:
Absolutely useless. They are. How on earth can you be the majority of a country and still get dominated by the other ethnic groups in your country. I literally just found out the term Habesha only just refers to Northern Ethiopians and doesn't even include Oromo people. They are literally considered to be a subhuman tribe/ethnic group of people by the Amhara and Tigray people

and zooooooooooooomalis still cannot secure one city, mogadishu, and their president, gives them speeches from inside an ugandan/amisom tank, guarded by mostly oromo soldiers LOL
meanwhile the somalis in the north has their act together and somaliland is doing well in comparison
and oromos dominate each other, it's opdo vs other oromo nationalists; not ''others'' dominating us.
and the point about ''habesha'' only referring to northern groups is pointless; who cares who it refers to? is being habesha going to get you a good job? education? out of poverty? save you from the punishment of the grave?

Last edited:

AbdiGeedi

and zooooooooooooomalis still cannot secure one city, mogadishu, and their president, gives them speeches from inside an ugandan/amisom tank, guarded by mostly oromo soldiers LOL
meanwhile the somalis in the north has their act together and somaliland is doing well in comparison
and oromos dominate each other, it's opdo vs other oromo nationalists; not ''others'' dominating us.
and the point about ''habesha'' only referring to northern groups is pointless; who cares who it refers to? is being habesha going to get you a good job? education? out of poverty? save you from the punishment of the grave?
You posted these insults against Somalia for the thread started by a Sudanese guy.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
How come your people are begging for representation in Mogadishu if it’s so bad? Are there any Somalis in the Oromo region begging for representation?

tenor.gif
YOU'RE SHOWING YOUR OROMO IQ, I'M NOT EVEN SOMALI LOL. I'M SUDANESE, YOU ARE RETARDED. YOUR LANGUAGE WAS BANNED IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY, f*ck OFF YOU OROMO CUCK. IF YOU ARE SOMALI AND NOT OROMO, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO TALK SHIT ABOUT YOUR OWN PEOPLE, AND DEFEND SUBHUMANS LOLOL

The level of oromophobia in this thread though.
Whether we like it or not PM Abiy is an Oromo and oromos are leading Ethiopia today. I don't think a "useless" ethnic group can do that.