Oromo Lives Matter riots across Ethiopia after shooting of Oromo Floyd, internet shutdown for the 43rd time

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Yes but Abye is considered as Uncle Tom for Amharas .
Oh so it’s like Farmaajo relationship with Hawiye. A leader who backstabs his own people and is a puppet for the opposition tribe/ethnic group. In that case I take back what I said

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
Oh so it’s like Farmaajo relationship with Hawiye. A leader who backstabs his own people and is a puppet for the opposition tribe/ethnic group. In that case I take back what I said
it's scary how they mirror eachother even there party names sound samey, N&N=P&P.
it's like two side of the same coin. but to give the cheeseman the credit, he doesn't send federal death sqauds to caabudwaaq.

Ibrahim hassan

Esteemed Excellency
Th
it's scary how they mirror eachother even there party names sound samey, N&N=P&P.
it's like two side of the same coin. but to give the cheeseman the credit, he doesn't send federal death sqauds to caabudwaaq.
Thier very different. Abiy is more of an actor than politician.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
God speed the horde.

If only we had a competent intelligence department during this opportune time.

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
Everyone knows ethiopia is a ticking time bomb, this could be what sets it off and it might not. All that I am quite sure of is that ethiopia won't last as a nation for more than 10 years with this much ethnic and religious divide present. I predict there will be a Yugoslavia 2.0 in East Africa.

Alhamdulillah our brothers in Somali Galbeed have more control now and could quite easily free themselves if things kick off in the capital and oromo land.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Gunshots could be heard in many neighbourhoods, and gangs armed with machetes and sticks roamed the streets. Witnesses described a situation pitting youths of Oromo origin against other ethnic groups and the police.

“We had a meeting with the community, and we were told to arm ourselves with anything we have, including machetes and sticks. We no longer trust the police to protect us so we have to prepare ourselves,” said one resident in the capital, Addis Ababa, who like others interviewed asked not to be named for fear of reprisals.

Many residents fear that Haacaaluu’s funeral, scheduled for Thursday in his home town, Ambo, could lead to more violence.

“Security forces have invaded our town, we can’t go out to mourn. No vehicles are moving around except security patrols with machine guns,” Chala Hunde, 27, a student, told Reuters by phone from Ambo, about 60 miles west of Addis. “The security forces are putting a finger in our wound.”

Prof Awol Allo, at Keele University, England, said a tussle over whether to bury Haacaaluu in Ambo or Addis had laid bare the political tensions fanning the protests. “It’s very contentious. Oromos claim the city [Addis] to be theirs, as it lies fully within the Oromo regional state.” But the capital is under federal, not regional control.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Will this lead to more destruction
Of course.
:rejoice:
giphy.gif

Somalia and Eritrea smelling Ethiopia on fire next door.

Trending

Latest posts