Oromo and Somalis

Psychologist

Changemaker
Mentally Handicapped ✋
Bought???? Bro stop acting like you don’t know what the Nakba is. Wallahi y’all exmuslims hate muslim populations that’ve done nothing to you. How distasteful. Is this how you brainwashed @Sheikh Google ? By feeding him lies?
Bought kulaha, stop lurking on reddit/exmuslim and use your brain
Xoolo bilaa adhib
:susp:
How is this any hatefulness? Palestinian sold themselves out from the beginning with bad leadership.
Your own source says they only acquired 6% of the whole Holy Land, 94% was still owned by Palestinians, at that time Palestinian Jews were 4% of the population
View attachment 198018
As time went they bought more land. i forget but there was a source where the leader of Palestine sells a land to Jewish and fled the country LMAO

Also stop with the dislikes before i go off
png-transparent-emoticon-smiley-emoji-devil-demon-holy-halo-red-face-emotion-thumbnail.png

Mentally Handicapped ✋
Bought???? Bro stop acting like you don’t know what the Nakba is. Wallahi y’all exmuslims hate muslim populations that’ve done nothing to you. How distasteful. Is this how you brainwashed @Sheikh Google ? By feeding him lies?
Bought kulaha, stop lurking on reddit/exmuslim and use your brain
Xoolo bilaa adhib
:susp:
I used to be a good Muslim boy until I met the Shaitan that is @Dwit. Now my brain is hurting from all the truth... Or is it lies... Anyway stay woke.

giphy.gif

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Ummm what!?? My list had kikuyu and maasai on it

I didn't put those groups in there. Just included some Nilotic Ethiopians, Yemenis and those Horner Cushitic/Ethiosemitic ethnic groups. Works just fine for the illustration I was trying to make.

Beta israel
:heh:
if we are so close to those langaabs why do they think they have rights to Palestine. Exposed to the max

I have touched on these niggas before:

I don't think the Yibir are anything particularly special. They appear to be just another "low caste" Horner group. Somalis have others like Madhiban and the Tumaal:

Somalis are not very different from other Horn people in this respect. The "Beta Israel" who are not really real Jews either suffered a similar fate in Ethiopia because they were an artisanal group. Basically, in the eyes of old traditional Horner culture if you are not a food-producer (like a farmer or pastoralist), your line of work is seen as "unclean" and "impure" and your group are usually treated like outcastes and not married by the rest of the population. Blacksmiths, tanners, stonemasons, soothsayers and "magicians"... the list goes on.

Madhiban, Yibirs and the Tumaal are such examples among the Somali people and you find very similar castes among Amharas, Tigrays, Oromos and even Omotics like the Ari which is why if you look up genetic samples on the Ari there are "Ari Cultivator" and "Ari Blacksmith" samples with a slight genetic difference between the two due to endogamy.

It's very sad because these same people are usually responsible for some of the most beautiful parts of our cultures. I mean look at these:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But the guys who crafted those would have been seen as second class humans. Xaram.

:wow:

The Beta Israels' claims to Jewry, despite being taken into Israel is very questionable too. Genetic studies on both their uniparentals and autosomal DNA so far show that they have no special affinity toward Jews. In fact, their Christian counterparts in the Amhara and Tigray regions have a stronger pull toward MENAs and Jews than they do, albeit by a very small margin. There is also the fact that these guys did not use to use Hebrew as a liturgical language at all unlike the not so far away Yemenite Jews. Instead they used Ge'ez (or sometimes their own Agaw dialects written in the Ge'ez script) like any other Ethiopian Highlander Christian population.

I side with some scholars I've seen around but can't recall by name right now who generally think they were historically just Ethiopian Orthodox Christians practicing a unique, perhaps more old-testament focused form of the local Christianity intermingled with some local pagan elements as a result of them having been out-caste for being an artisanal group.

---

One thing I find interesting though is that I too, for a long time, have thought that metallurgy likely spread to Somalis from Ethiopia possibly alongside this pseudo caste-system and that groups like the Yibir and Tumaal are the result of this spreading of skills like blacksmithing. Whether or not this came with genes being spread remains to be seen though.

A lot is actually known through Oromos, some of whom still practice it:

There is no real "Judaism" in the Horn of Africa. Beta Israels were just practicing their own, unique form of Ethiopian orthodoxy due to being a low-caste, socially ostracized group because they were artisans like stonemasons. They had no history of using Hebrew as a liturgical language unlike Yemeni Jews, they instead used Ge'ez like any other Ethiopian Orthodox group and sometimes their own Agaw dialects written in Ge'ez. Recent genetic studies have also shown they really have no link with other Jews in terms of auDNA or Y-DNA that doesn't appear in other Horners; in fact, their Christian Tigray and Amhara neighbors have slightly stronger affinities toward Jews and MENAs than them. The Kebre Negast is also a nonsensical fairytale that would have us believe the Aksumite Kings were Jews prior to Christianity when we know they were pagans who literally styled themselves as the sons of a pagan God:

"The pre-Christian kings whose inscriptions have come down to us called themselves `son of the invincible god Mahrem', the royal tutelary deity, and thus asserted their own claim to divine honours; they may also have been high-priests of the state cult." - Aksum - An African Civilisation of Late Antiquity by Stuart Munro-Hay

Rabbis didn't even used to accept Beta Israels as real Jews, from what I gather. And for understandable reasons. It's really a weird kerfuffle that they ever got into Israel. About as weird as Arabs letting us into the Arab League.

Them being in Israel is about as much of a joke as us being in the Arab League. Honestly? Even more of a joke. There is seriously no real connection between them and Jews other than being fellow Afro-Asiatics, Abrahamic worshippers and sharing ancient MENA roots which literally describes the connections between Jews and Somalis as well.

Warya. Are you high??? You sound like those Hotep African Americans. Beta israel do not claim black folks as being original. They claim they were from israel, mixed with Ethiopians and became dark. Palestinian Jews are the only jews native to palestine
Relax I was joking with you..

Som

VIP
Very. Even the western and more northern types who look more or less like Amharas/Agaws tend to have admixture from the earlier Oromos who assimilated them so there's always an elevated affinity toward Somalis when compared to Amharas or Tigrinyas or Agaws. The more eastern ones like Hararghe, Arsi and Boran tend to be extremely close to Somalis; arguably the closest non-Somalis to us in general whereas some among them are honestly just straight-up Somali assimilates.

Notice how close even this composite of different Oromo types is to us when compared to other groups:

3zATsEi.png
How come we are closer to Wolayta who are omotic speakers who don't even share a border with us than Afars who live next to somalis?.

Som

VIP
I didn't put those groups in there. Just included some Nilotic Ethiopians, Yemenis and those Horner Cushitic/Ethiosemitic ethnic groups. Works just fine for the illustration I was trying to make.

I have touched on these niggas before:

Them being in Israel is about as much of a joke as us being in the Arab League. Honestly? Even more of a joke. There is seriously no real connection between them and Jews other than being fellow Afro-Asiatics, Abrahamic worshippers and sharing ancient MENA roots which literally describes the connections between Jews and Somalis as well.
That's not entirely accurate.
There's evidence of medieval jews talking about the Ethiopian jews in Africa, the judaism practiced by beta israel jews is considered to be the closest to second temple judaism. They have kept many of the religious laws of the jews and there's evidence that they may have some real ancient jewish ancestry. Overall the ethiopian jews are obviously closer to their fellow ethiopians but they are considered as legit Jews by the highest rabbinical authorities in Israel

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
How come we are closer to Wolayta who are omotic speakers who don't even share a border with us than Afars who live next to somalis?.

It's a quirk of very basal similarity. Wolaytas are quite close to Somalis in terms of basal Proto-Nilotic + MENA admixture levels. Like really just a 2-4% percentage points from what I remember. Some Wolaytas will even overlap with Somalis on a global PCA so the model for distancing here is fooled by that and thinks they're closer to us than they really are. In reality, Wolaytas are 20-30% Horn-Hunter-Gatherer whereas Somalis are like 5% and, for example, a Tigrinya is only 5-10% so we are in reality closer to Tigrinyas when you look at more recent ancestral components like Horn HG, ancient Yemeni and Neolithic Cushite but basally in terms of stuff like very ancient MENA roots and Proto-Nilotic (most of Horn HG's ancestry is this); we are closer to Wolaytas.

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
That's not entirely accurate.
There's evidence of medieval jews talking about the Ethiopian jews in Africa, the judaism practiced by beta israel jews is considered to be the closest to second temple judaism. They have kept many of the religious laws of the jews and there's evidence that they may have some real ancient jewish ancestry. Overall the ethiopian jews are obviously closer to their fellow ethiopians but they are considered as legit Jews by the highest rabbinical authorities in Israel

I'd have to look into this. Everything I've read about them and their history makes it 100% apparent that they were not at all practicing any form of Judaism as I said (their liturgical language was Ge'ez like any Orthodox group and not Hebrew unlike Yemeni Jews) but I'll have to do more digging and verify what you're saying.

On the genetics subject; nope. I'm sorry, walaal, but there is zero evidence of anything "Jewish" in them. Their Christian neighbors like Tigrinyas and even Amharas have a slightly higher affinity towards MENAs and Jews than them. They are pretty much pure Agaws. But hey, never say never; their Y-DNA like some of the E-M84 among them which, to be fair, also appears among Christian Highlanders might prove Jewish in origin but I wouldn't hold my breath given all the other damning genetic evidence.

Last edited:

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Oromo qalanjos are just:lawd: Blessings to the eye.

Oromos are a big ethnicity population and land wise. They extend from Addis Abeba all the way to Indian ocean. Orma people live in the Tana river delta which is in southeastern kenyan coast. They are also exclusively muslim Mashallah
Nah Oromos are straight 50/50 muslim Christian

convincation

VIP
Closest cushites to us genetically speaking. A lot of Somalis mix with Oromos and to this day a lot of Somalis have Oromo blood

convincation

VIP
It's a quirk of very basal similarity. Wolaytas are quite close to Somalis in terms of basal Proto-Nilotic + MENA admixture levels. Like really just a 2-4% percentage points from what I remember. Some Wolaytas will even overlap with Somalis on a global PCA so the model for distancing here is fooled by that and thinks they're closer to us than they really are. In reality, Wolaytas are 20-30% Horn-Hunter-Gatherer whereas Somalis are like 5% and, for example, a Tigrinya is only 5-10% so we are in reality closer to Tigrinyas when you look at more recent ancestral components like Horn HG, ancient Yemeni and Neolithic Cushite but basally in terms of stuff like very ancient MENA roots and Proto-Nilotic (most of Horn HG's ancestry is this); we are closer to Wolaytas.
But wolayta aren’t even cushites, they speak an omotic language. Any Horner ancestry they have is from mixing with their neighbouring semetic and Cushitic groups

Som

VIP
I'd have to look into this. Everything I've read about them and their history makes it 100% apparent that they were not at all practicing any form of Judaism as I said (their liturgical language was Ge'ez like any Orthodox group and not Hebrew unlike Yemeni Jews) but I'll have to do more digging and verify what you're saying.

On the genetics subject; nope. I'm sorry, walaal, but there is zero evidence of anything "Jewish" in them. Their Christian neighbors like Tigrinyas and even Amharas have a slightly higher affinity towards MENAs and Jews than them. They are pretty much pure Agaws. But hey, never say never; their Y-DNA like some of the E-M84 among them which, to be fair, also appears among Christian Highlanders might prove Jewish in origin but I wouldn't hold my breath given all the other damning genetic evidence.
I'm pretty sure that from a religious point of view they have legit Jewish customs.
Dr. Yossi Ziv has been researching the religious rituals of the Ethiopian Jewish population still in Ethiopia and discovered that they maintained the same customs and traditions as the Jews of the Second Temple period for the past two thousand years.

Genetically there's still some debate, there are different theories :
1) ethio jews are descendants of yemeni jews who were themselves converts.
2) ethio Jews are descendants of real jews who intermarried to some extent with some ethiopians and converted the rest.
3) Ethiopian jews are just agaws who rejected the new testament and started to practice only the old Jewish testament. This allegedly happened between 14th and 16th century
I think the first two hypothesis are more likely, the third one is unlikely cause Ethiopian jews are too much involved in Jewish rituals for someone who started practicing Judaism just 500 years ago, there's no possible way they would do certain very ancient practices if that was the case.
According to a 2020 study by Agranat-Tamir et al., the DNA of the Ethiopian Jews is mostly of East African origin, but about 20% of their genetic makeup is of Middle Eastern semitic people origin and shows similarity to modern Jewish and Arab populations and Bronze Age Canaanites.[84][85]
Basically from my understanding ethio jews have legit semitic ancestry like most Habesha but there's no way to actually know how much of that semitic ancestry is actually Jewish or not, they may be descendants of a very small group of legit jews

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
But wolayta aren’t even cushites, they speak an omotic language. Any Horner ancestry they have is from mixing with their neighbouring semetic and Cushitic groups

True and in terms of recent roots we are closer to Ethiosemites and Cushites like Tigrinyas and Afars by far but BASALLY like when you look at components like Anatolian Neolithic, Iberomaurusian, Iran-Neolithic and Proto-Nilotic, we are just coincidentally closer to them. The basal mix just ended up looking fairly close by pure chance.

Som

VIP
Makes sense though cause somalis and wolaytas are the least Caucasian looking major afroasiatic speakers followed by sidamas and oromos. Some of them can pass as habesha though.

Som

VIP
True and in terms of recent roots we are closer to Ethiosemites and Cushites like Tigrinyas and Afars by far but BASALLY like when you look at components like Anatolian Neolithic, Iberomaurusian, Iran-Neolithic and Proto-Nilotic, we are just coincidentally closer to them. The basal mix just ended up looking fairly close by pure chance.
So basically you are saying it looks like we are close only because we have the same percentages of nilotic+ mena ancestry? I don't understand though how we can be closer to habeshas when it comes to recent ancestry though. We have no border with habeshas and very few or non existent intermarriage so we have been separated from them for at least 3000 years

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Genetically there's still some debate, there are different theories :
1) ethio jews are descendants of yemeni jews who were themselves converts.
2) ethio Jews are descendants of real jews who intermarried to some extent with some ethiopians and converted the rest.
3) Ethiopian jews are just agaws who rejected the new testament and started to practice only the old Jewish testament. This allegedly happened between 14th and 16th century
I think the first two hypothesis are more likely, the third one is unlikely cause Ethiopian jews are too much involved in Jewish rituals for someone who started practicing Judaism just 500 years ago, there's no possible way they would do certain very ancient practices if that was the case.
According to a 2020 study by Agranat-Tamir et al., the DNA of the Ethiopian Jews is mostly of East African origin, but about 20% of their genetic makeup is of Middle Eastern semitic people origin and shows similarity to modern Jewish and Arab populations and Bronze Age Canaanites.[84][85]
Basically from my understanding ethio jews have legit semitic ancestry like most Habesha but there's no way to actually know how much of that semitic ancestry is actually Jewish or not, they may be descendants of a very small group of legit jews

Walaal, I don't want to sound arrogant but I've been in the population-genomics game since like 2010 and have corresponded with some of the top folks in the field in all that time. I know my way around most of the software and analyses methods and was noticing things at the age of 17 that academics weren't. I can assure you there is seemingly nothing "Jewish" in their DNA. Just run their samples yourself using the links I shared earlier in this thread and you will notice there is nothing in them that isn't in the surrounding Christians and that they look pretty much like pure Agaws. Their most dominant Y-DNA HG is A-M13, for Allah's sake. That's as Horner/East-African as it gets.

Again, never say never so there could be something Levantine or Jewish in some of the Y-DNA in the highlands like E-M84 but that would be shared across the Highlands and not unique to them and probably just came with the Proto-Ethiosemites. Like I shared in my quotes (with a source); Abyssinia's Jewish past is 100% fabricated. The Kebre Negast is a fable. The Aksumite Kings were not Jews before Christianity but pagans who styled themselves the sons of a pagan war God named "Mahrem".

I'm pretty sure that from a religious point of view they have legit Jewish customs.
Dr. Yossi Ziv has been researching the religious rituals of the Ethiopian Jewish population still in Ethiopia and discovered that they maintained the same customs and traditions as the Jews of the Second Temple period for the past two thousand years.

I remember reading an academic who studied them's analysis many years ago where she demonstrated that they practice an older testament, more conservative form of the local Orthodox Christianity (mixed in with local pagan elements) due to being a low-caste group, which they were. Their derogatory historical name which was "Falasha" comes from this. They were like the Tumaal and Madhiban. A low-caste artisanal group who did things like stone-masonry and tanning from what I remember. This made them form their own unique religious practices and beliefs but they always used Ge'ez for liturgy or their own Agaw (Qemant) dialects written in the Ge'ez script; there is no linguistic or liturgical link between them and Yemeni Jews in reality.

Som

VIP
Walaal, I don't want to sound arrogant but I've been in the population-genomics game since like 2010 and have corresponded with some of the top folks in the field in all that time. I know my way around most of the software and analyses methods and was noticing things at the age of 17 that academics weren't. I can assure you there is seemingly nothing "Jewish" in their DNA. Just run their samples yourself using the links I shared earlier in this thread and you will notice there is nothing in them that isn't in the surrounding Christians and that they look pretty much like pure Agaws. Their most dominant Y-DNA HG is A-M13, for Allah's sake. That's as Horner/East-African as it gets.

Again, never say never so there could be something Levantine or Jewish in some of the Y-DNA in the highlands like E-M84 but that would be shared across the Highlands and not unique to them and probably just came with the Proto-Ethiosemites. Like I shared in my quotes (with a source); Abyssinia's Jewish past is 100% fabricated. The Kebre Negast is a fable. The Aksumite Kings were not Jews before Christianity but pagans who styled themselves the sons of a pagan war God named "Mahrem".

I remember reading an academic who studied them's analysis many years ago where she demonstrated that they practice an older testament, more conservative form of the local Orthodox Christianity (mixed in with local pagan elements) due to being a low-caste group, which they were. Their derogatory historical name which was "Falasha" comes from this. They were like the Tumaal and Madhiban. A low-caste artisanal group who did things like stone-masonry and tanning from what I remember. This made them form their own unique religious practices and beliefs but they always used Ge'ez for liturgy or their own Agaw (Qemant) dialects written in the Ge'ez script; there is no linguistic or liturgical link between them and Yemeni Jews in reality.
Well i trust your knowledge in the genetic field, honestly I don't know but what you say makes sense.
Anyway from a religious / historical view point the rabbis in Israel recognize that they are basically Jews who missed out all post second temple judaism because they were isolated. The falashas became low caste because of their Jewish practices , regular christian agaws weren't low caste and mixed with the other habeshas. I think you are confusing falashas with Qemant people(a type of Agaws) who have a traditional religion that is a mixture between paganism and judaism, they aren't considered jews. The Falashas do have some pagan practices but it's minor stuff. One of the earliest descriptions of falasha is from a 9th century Jewish traveler who claimed they were from the lost israelite tribe of Dan. While the whole lost tribe stuff is probably false this proves that their Jewish practices are quite ancient. Later on in the 15 th century Jewish travelers described the falashas as having practices similar to karaites and some others similar to standard judaism. Karaites Jews are a sect of Judaism that refuses the Talmud (written law) and only follows the Torah. Ethiopian Jews didn't know anything about Talmud because they were isolated.I think that when it comes to the religious stuff we should trust the rulings of the Rabbis who declared them as legit jews, there's no way they would knowingly bring black people to Israel if they knew they were fake jews.

@Shimbiris ow long do modern humans share a comm male ancestry. I predict around 60 thousand years ago. But yfull predicts hundered of thousand of years ago, has a modern male anatomic human been found that fathered all the humans on the planet?

Trending