Origin of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
http://mentalfloss.com/article/49852/6-weird-theories-early-human-intelligence
A large problem with this is Eve was created from Adam's rib to complete Adam. If Adam and Eve' s ruux were put in humans then guess what? Women was not created to complete man. Another problem with this idea is having two animals evolve separately from their host populations is impossible due to it requiring allopatric speciation of just two apes. What's the likelihood of this? Rather It's accepted by the scientific community that there was a source species of apes about 10,000 that speciated together due to living in the same environment and area to create modern day humans. So how did God choose these two human individuals to be Adam and Eve if they were from a source population of 10,000? Where are the other humans now since they didn't get spirits?

This is why I accept God's word as the whole truth. You either completely accept God or completely accept what the science community says. Remember science is constantly changing so what might be true now Don't be true in thousands of years from now. In fact, evolutionists didn't knoe the source population was so small. They only recently learned it was 10,000 signalling a bottle neck occurred. You know what this means? The stupid claim that genetic malformations would have arised if only two individuals created the 7.5 billion people we now know today. 10,000 isn't t far off from 2 when compared to 7.5 billion. As science advances and evidence comes out each year it comes closer to the genesis account of the world. We just need brave scientists to actually check the geological account, the paleontogical account, and carbon dating. When kids in middle school are being taught evolution it can be quite intimidating for a scientist to pursure a hypothesis countering it.

Excellent points.

I never suggested that Eve's soul were put into humans. This one I still haven't thought of.

I'm talking about more recent history where the only one species of human exist - homo sapiens. I've checked the human history, it appears that there is no clear evidence of human activity that requires a brain until tens thousands of years ago. This suggests that homo sapiens are probably only ones who have souls.

Or it is possible that other homo- species did exist at same time as homo-sapiens did but they weren't sapient beings so...

It is possible that after Adam and Eve, Allah decided to give everyone a soul.

Or Adam's descendants bred with other humans without souls until enough of humans with souls out-competed with those without the souls.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/49852/6-weird-theories-early-human-intelligence

Anyway, you pretty much shot my theory into pieces. Like you said, it's either science or religion.

Axmed Xaji

Your non-biological father
The origin of life is not really known but what IS well-known is that life and living things evolved and continue to evolve. The process by which they evolve and the historical/fossil evidence of human evolution is enough to throw the Adam and Eve myth down the drain. If you're a Christian that throws that myth away, what are you holding onto? It's the foundational myth of Christianity (and Islam) and there is a ton of evidence that it's a myth.

Axmed Xaji

then to the belief in God creating a single cell and evolution doing it's work on that single cell
God doesn't even hint at this. Instead he says in no uncertain terms that he created a man and a woman from clay and they birthed mankind. From the biblical standpoint this process began 6,300 years ago when god created the earth. This is comical and as a biology major you should lawl at it. You do believe in micro evolution, right? You know, how when a medication kills 95% of a virus, the virus evolves so it wont work next time? Or how a lizard species relocated from Croatia to an Italian island developed new digestive systems for their environment and became physically bigger and longer in 30 years? Look that up.

If these things happen and can be observed on the micro scale, why can't you just apply it over thousands and millions of years?

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
The whole origin of life discussion pulls in the Fermi paradox question.

Even if abiogenesis occurred through some chemical process; surely we should see more examples of life in the universe given that we don't exactly live in a unique environment.

Regardless of how many filters there that stop life from developing; we should at least see evidence for multiple genesis on Earth if it's a natural process.

I'm probably getting involved in something well over my head since it'll be difficult to find any evidence from billions of years ago.

Still, it leads me to the conclusion that life either originated through design or a neglected video game simulating our reality.

Axmed Xaji

I value the truth. I'm a Christian because it hasn't given me reason to toss it to the trash. But That's besides the point.
1. The earth is 6,000 years old. UNTRUE
2. A woman was created from the rib of man. UNTRUE
3. Noah's ark and the "great flood". UNTRUE
4. The red sea being split for Moses. UNTRUE

9 Scientific Facts Prove the "Theory of Evolution" is False

Scientific Fact No. 1 - Birds Prove Natural Selection is Naturally Wrong
Scientific Fact No. 2 - Species Without a Link Prove Evolution Theory is Wrong
Scientific Fact No. 3 - Missing Inferior Evolutionary Branches
Scientific Fact No. 4 - Single Cell Complexity Proves Evolution is Wrong
Scientific Fact No. 5 - Human Egg and Sperm Prove Evolution is Wrong
Scientific Fact No. 6 - DNA Error Checking Proves Evolution is Wrong
Scientific Fact No. 7 - Chaos From Organization Proves Evolution is Wrong
Scientific Fact No. 8 - Chromosome Count Proves Evolution is Wrong
Scientific Fact No. 9 - Origin of Matter and Stars Proves Evolution is Wrong
Source: http://humansarefree.com/2013/12/9-scienctific-facts-prove-theory-of.html

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
The whole origin of life discussion pulls in the Fermi paradox question.

Even if abiogenesis occurred through some chemical process; surely we should see more examples of life in the universe given that we don't exactly live in a unique environment.

Regardless of how many filters there that stop life from developing; we should at least see evidence for multiple genesis on Earth if it's a natural process.

I'm probably getting involved in something well over my head since it'll be difficult to find any evidence from billions of years ago.

Still, it leads me to the conclusion that life either originated through design or a neglected video game simulating our reality.
Very true. This was a pivotal point in making me realize that yes God does exist.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
God doesn't even hint at this. Instead he says in no uncertain terms that he created a man and a woman from clay and they birthed mankind. From the biblical standpoint this process began 6,300 years ago when god created the earth. This is comical and as a biology major you should lawl at it. You do believe in micro evolution, right? You know, how when a medication kills 95% of a virus, the virus evolves so it wont work next time? Or how a lizard species relocated from Croatia to an Italian island developed new digestive systems for their environment and became physically bigger and longer in 30 years? Look that up.

If these things happen and can be observed on the micro scale, why can't you just apply it over thousands and millions of years?
Because physically speaking, the evidence points to the fact that the Earth isn't billions of years old.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Why Christianity in particular?

All the evidence is doing is pointing to the design argument not a specific candidate designer.
Because Jesus Christ was the most sought after person in history and the most famous person in history. His book was the first published book in history, the book with the most copies, and the book that was most sold. His image has inspired billions and inspired religions.
Islam didn't do him justice so I joined Christianity. If you'd like more information on why Christianity over Islam shoot me a PM. I don' t want this thread to become a gaal/Islam bashing one.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Shit I knew better than to ask. You already started preaching :holeup:

You didn't answer my question though. :ulyin:

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Shit I knew better than to ask. You already started preaching :holeup:

You didn't answer my question though. :ulyin:
I did answer your question. You said why Christianity because it was the best when compared to the Abrahamic religions and if Jesus was not the messiah idk what humanity is looking for.

I did answer your question. You said why Christianity because it was the best when compared to the Abrahamic religions and if Jesus was not the messiah idk what humanity is looking for.

What's your view on Paul (Saul), the Charlatan of Tarsus?

What's your view on the Council of Nicea?

What's your view on pagan ritual adoption into Christianity?

What's your view on Constantine and his saint-hood?

What' your view on the Old Testament and the Jews?

Christianity has so many holes, it forced the more inquisitive Europeans to abandon it for Godlessness. Its theology just doesn't make any sense, and its priest-class can only answer with contradictory philosophical mumbo jumbo. No wonder it's the single biggest recruiter for atheism.

Christian doctrine is contradictory to God's perfect nature. God would not ruin us by tying our salvation to such a corrupted doctrine. Its why the Qur'an is word for word a copy of what the Angel recited to the Prophet (saw). Not a commentary compilation a few hundred years later, nor an interpretation of it by a 'saint' a few decades later,

If you can reply to me without using the word Love in your response, it would be quite the feat.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
What's your view on Paul (Saul), the Charlatan of Tarsus?

What's your view on the Council of Nicea?

What's your view on pagan ritual adoption into Christianity?

What's your view on Constantine and his saint-hood?

What' your view on the Old Testament and the Jews?

Christianity has so many holes, it forced the more inquisitive Europeans to abandon it for Godlessness. Its theology just doesn't make any sense, and its priest-class can only answer with contradictory philosophical mumbo jumbo. No wonder it's the single biggest recruiter for atheism.

Christian doctrine is contradictory to God's perfect nature. God would not ruin us by tying our salvation to such a corrupted doctrine. Its why the Qur'an is word for word a copy of what the Angel recited to the Prophet (saw). Not a commentary compilation a few hundred years later, nor an interpretation of it by a 'saint' a few decades later,

If you can reply to me without using the word Love in your response, it would be quite the feat.

Christianity is based on love. Please go to the religious section to talk about religion. When you're in the science section try to do the impossible feat of not bringing in religion when it isn't necessary.

Axmed Xaji

Christianity is based on love. Please go to the religious section to talk about religion. When you're in the science section try to do the impossible feat of not bringing in religion when it isn't necessary.
Perfectly logical questions and your answer is "Christianity is based on love"? Jesus that's pathetic. And you're the one that brought up belief in god and the other nonsense.

Joesph Muktaar

I am the Andy Dufernse of this site
Not really, Remember the Old Testament
When God Commanded Moses to kill to fight the Amalekites
The Man, The Women, The Childern, The Suckling, The Cows and The Ass

Status
Not open for further replies.