Origin of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
My Bio textbook proposes a dichotomy between spontaneous generation (life evolving from non-living matter) with creationism. The authors then cleverly superimpose evolution above these two and states that evolution can explain the origin of life. Unfortunately they did what most evolutionary biologists do and state that life is explained by evolution but they did not propose what the origin of life from 'evolution' is. It's either life from living matter or life from non-living matter. Most evolutionary theorists cede to the theory of the prebiotic soup.

I would like all of you to list your explanations for the origin of life or if there simply isn't enough information yet to explain it for you.

I personally do not have enough information. I went from the belief in creationism, to the belief in a prebiotic soup, then to the belief in God creating a single cell and evolution doing it's work on that single cell, to now straddling creationism again due to the lack of 'intermediate' species in the fossil records (One of my friends really opened my eyes to this).

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Isnt evolution meant to describe processes which take place once life has already started up? I think the theory dealing with the origin of life is called abiogenesis, and I dont have any strong opinions about it due to lack of empirical consensus personally.

And creationism? really dude? You ought to have your future credentials revoked for even pondering that one :whoa: :lolbron:

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
Great uncertainty with Origin of Life as there isn't a current viable theory as of now that's supported by evidence.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Isnt evolution meant to describe processes which take place once life has already started up? I think the theory dealing with the origin of life is called abiogenesis, and I dont have any strong opinions about it due to lack of empirical consensus personally.

And creationism? really dude? You ought to have your future credentials revoked for even pondering that one :whoa: :lolbron:

I mean, that's what the Bible teaches. A true Christian outta trust the words of God over the words of men no? :manny:

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
I mean yeah, that's why I was confused with my textbook.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
I mean, that's what the Bible teaches. A true Christian outta trust the words of God over the words of men no? :manny:
I value the truth. I'm a Christian because it hasn't given me reason to toss it to the trash. But That's besides the point.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
As someone else has already said, the theory of evolution doesn't deal with the origin of life. It only deals with the process life went through after the fact, from single-celled organisms to the abundance of species we see on earth today.

I mean yeah, that's why I was confused with my textbook.
Sure evolution and abiogenesis are somewhat connected but Ive never heard of any reputable scientific publicist claim evolution can explain the origin of life, evolution can only describe the development of living creatures post abiogenesis. If your textbook really says that you should throw it in the bin

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Sure evolution and abiogenesis are somewhat connected but Ive never heard of any reputable scientific publicist claim evolution can explain the origin of life, evolution can only describe the development of living creatures post abiogenesis. If your textbook really says that you should throw it in the bin
One of the authors of the textbook is a professor for the course. Co-authors are from top from 10 Unis. Will clarify with my prof.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
True. One guy @Inquisitive_ even decided to live on a flat earth to conform to his religions narrative of reality.

May Allah save us from suugo science

Oh shiznack, you tagged him, and you belittled his flat earth religion. He's coming for you.

omgwtf.gif

True. One guy @Inquisitive_ even decided to live on a flat earth to conform to his religions narrative of reality.

May Allah save us from suugo science

My belief in flat earth is based on science which in my opinion happens to conform with my religion. However there is no emphatic statement in the verses to prove either side of the argument categorically beyond a shadow of a doubt like it is in the bible.

It categorically refutes the old masonic Copernican model in which the sun didn't move, because the Quran states it does, but in this new 1900 post Einstein relatively bull crap, it moves and there is no centre nor Aether. The model changes every century just as the shape did (circle, spherical, spheroid, oblate spheroid etc.)

This lack of emphatic statement is part of the brilliant wisdom of the most high and a manifestation of his infinite mercy, because he knew a time would come when the quackademic masonic occultists and their blind sheeple deaf dumb blind herds would follow these satanist over the cliffs and believe their bull crap without question like a bewitched old hag like yourself and many others on here.

My belief in flat earth is based on science which in my opinion happens to conform with my religion. However there is no emphatic statement in the verses to prove either side of the argument categorically beyond a shadow of a doubt like it is in the bible.

It categorically refutes the old masonic Copernican model in which the sun didn't move, because the Quran states it does, but in this new 1900 post Einstein relatively bull crap, it moves and there is no centre nor Aether. The model changes every century just as the shape did (circle, spherical, spheroid, oblate spheroid etc.)

This lack of emphatic statement is part of the brilliant wisdom of the most high and a manifestation of his infinite mercy, because he knew a time would come when the quackademic masonic occultists and their blind sheeple deaf dumb blind herds would follow these satanist over the cliffs and believe their bull crap without question like a bewitched old hag like yourself and many others on here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:lolbron: :lolbron:

Seriously tho I am more interested on your views on origin of life. Have the masonics infiltrated the field of biology as well or are we free to assume all life on earth shares a common ancestor :hmm:

Bro, I purposely didn't mention him for a reason. He's going to go all flat Earth on us.

Your a Christian, the bible emphatically states that the earth is not only flat but rests on pillars with a firmament above. It's very explicit unlike the Quran which only appears implicit to the one whom believes in it, with no equivalent emphatic statement.

It's remarkable you have the nerve to attack me over this, what kind of a Christian are you that doesn't even know her book? regardless of your believes, I still regard you as a lot smarter then these charlatan Europhile conformist that believe in this whole abracadabra explosion from a spec of cosmic dust and order out of chaos

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gotquestions.org/amp/flat-earth-Bible.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts