openly ex-muslim somali or in the closet ex-muslim somali?

?

• Total voters
What does this mean poll mean? Do people prefer closeted ex Muslim it open one? Or do people prefer to create a community where more ex Muslims are out and don’t need to stay closeted.

Anyway I’m closeted and voted closeted because I’d like to think I’m cool!!!

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
What does this mean poll mean? Do people prefer closeted ex Muslim it open one? Or Do people prefer to create a community where more ex Muslims are out and don’t need to stay closeted.

Anyway I’m closeted and voted closeted because I’d like to think I’m cool!
i wanna know if people here prefer ex-muslim somalis to be open and honest about their apostasy or prefer them to keep it to themselves and pretend to be muslim :it0tdo8:

psyche

To each their own
i believe the severe persecution ex muslims face is whats keeping them in the closet and frustrated thus more Islamophobic :it0tdo8:

I agree, religion should be treated as a more personal issue imo.

You can preach about your religion but don't judge or enforce your beliefs on others.

I thought that was the message behind Al kafiroon.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
A year ago I’d tell you an open kafir had my respect because they were open about it, and the closeted one is just hiding

after getting to know a user on this site my mind is changed

I don’t agree with either personally, but at least the closeted one can participate in the community and not be banished

Open ex Muslims talking points are 90% about Islam
Thought you left the religion?

BetterDaysAhead

VIP
They often disrespect and try to belittle the religion. At least the in the closet is considerate
do you believe some of them could be disrespectful towards the religion due to what came with leaving the religion like family abandonment or death threats?

BetterDaysAhead

VIP
A year ago I’d tell you an open kafir had my respect because they were open about it, and the closeted one is just hiding

after getting to know a user on this site my mind is changed

I don’t agree with either personally, but at least the closeted one can participate in the community and not be banished

Open ex Muslims talking points are 90% about Islam
Thought you left the religion?
do you believe if they werent abandoned or banished by their community they'd be as obsessive and hateful towards islam?

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
do you believe some of them could be disrespectful towards the religion due to what came with leaving the religion like family abandonment or death threats?
I have always said that Islam could do with a reformation, in what areas, I am not sure. However, death threats and family abandonment for choosing to define your own beliefs have got to go. Ex Muslims typically have something to prove to people about Islam, so they often resort to slander, which is obviously disrespectful and wrong. I don't think they are always lashing out against ill-treatment of their person but against the religion as a whole.

It’s better they’re open about it so that we can give them dawah. Though I wouldn’t want them to shove their beliefs down our throats. Nonetheless there’s nothing more sad than dying as a gaal, disguised as a Muslim fearing for your life instead of the one who gave it to you in the first place.