openly ex-muslim somali or in the closet ex-muslim somali?

?

• Total voters
I have always said that Islam could do with a reformation, in what areas, I am not sure. However, death threats and family abandonment for choosing to define your own beliefs have got to go. Ex Muslims typically have something to prove to people about Islam, so they often resort to slander, which is obviously disrespectful and wrong. I don't think they are always lashing out against ill-treatment of their person but against the religion as a whole.
Islam doesn’t need reformation because the last message to humanity is complete as it is.
Islam and Muslims are two different entities, one is perfect and the other is not.

They should be more open about their beliefs, as we can challenge their doubts and rejections about it. A lot of them were probably misled about the deen by arabic speaking Christians or right-wing athiests or started reading hadiths, took them out of context. I always say its important to learn your deen from balanced shaykhs who don't give black and white interpretations of the hadith and Quran

If they're completely atheist, then yeah there is no way for them to come back to the deen as they have already made up of their minds about the existence of God. If they're agnostic, then there is some hope for them back into Islam.

hussein

Akh Right movement
if you had to pick which one would you prefer? :it0tdo8:

are they even ex Muslims to begin with? I’ve seen lots of ex Muslims exposed. They can’t even read surah al Fatiha. But anyways I’d rather have them be openly ex Muslims because at least you know that they’re ex Muslims. Instead of them being closeted and acting like hypocrites

hussein

Akh Right movement
I have always said that Islam could do with a reformation, in what areas, I am not sure. However, death threats and family abandonment for choosing to define your own beliefs have got to go. Ex Muslims typically have something to prove to people about Islam, so they often resort to slander, which is obviously disrespectful and wrong. I don't think they are always lashing out against ill-treatment of their person but against the religion as a whole.
Hey man sorry to tell you, but islam will never be reformed. Many people have done that in the past but it will never be reformed. Islam isn’t like Christianity who has been reformed numerous times. Time changes but Islam will never change

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
I have more respect for the closeted. At least they are not open about their flaw. May Allah guise all the murtads in this forum. Jahanam is hot guys:samwelcome:

A lot of people on this thread keep making the assumption that we were mislead, maybe yall haven’t translated the Quran. Your too busy memorising it in Arabic that you don’t even know the meaning behind it.

The minute someone questions your faith, you get scared and start harassing them.

Go and pick up the Quran!

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Hey man sorry to tell you, but islam will never be reformed. Many people have done that in the past but it will never be reformed. Islam isn’t like Christianity who has been reformed numerous times. Time changes but Islam will never change

By saying many, who you mean? You'll find many scholars who done a reformation, and from these reformation born madhabs, and other die like Al-Mu'tazila, differenet interpretations of Islam was born and died. The recent what some ppl call a reformation happened like 250 years ago, and it had a great influence on entire world.

Ramen

🌸
A lot of people on this thread keep making the assumption that we were mislead, maybe yall haven’t translated the Quran. Your too busy memorising it in Arabic that you don’t even know the meaning behind it.

The minute someone questions your faith, you get scared and start harassing them.

Go and pick up the Quran!
Since when did you become gaal??

:damn: