Only Somalia is studying Turkish on Duolingo

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
It's just koonfur asslickers , that do this....along with naming their children *Erdogan*. Hawiyes, forever embarrassing Somalis.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It's just koonfur asslickers , that do this....along with naming their children *Erdogan*. Hawiyes, forever embarrassing Somalis.

There are Turkish language schools in Puntland, I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

The one in North Galkacyo is near xeero siinaay. It’s a boarding school with Turkish teachers.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Why should the average Somali learn Turkish? :geek:

Many reasons.

If you’re a Somali back home, Turkey is your best bet for a decent university education or even life away from Somalia.

No other country has as lax immigration for Somalis except for Malaysia or the Khaleej.

Furthermore, there are a lot of Turkish businesses in Somalia that pay top dollar for Somalis that speak Turkish.

You can’t blame Somalis for learning Turkish when Turkey is the only country that offers them an escape away from a shitty life.

Turkey is the country that offers Somalis back home visas, military scholarships and opportunities to study abroad en masse.

What reason does a Somali have to learn English if they have no hope of going to the Anglosphere in their life?
They do learn English first though, then Turkish second. Look at the images again.

Ow42fuZ.png

The influence of Turkey is real. :mjlol:

Somalia always has these weird patterns on global maps showing how people use the internet. :dead:

Left out the #1 studied foreign language map, as that's English in most of the world as expected.
they are preparing for Erdogan making us into his slaves after reinstalling the ottomans kkk

Xoxoxo

VIP
Both Somalia and Ethiopia should revert to monarchies and have the royal families intermarry to form a joint Muslimo-Christian empire. Arabic and Ge'ez as joint official languages and a basically secular state with Muslim and Christian populations. As for who should rule on the Somali side? I nominate Beesha Mooracase.

:silanyosmile:
That’s a recipe for disaster and I would give it a day until we kill each other off

Xoxoxo

VIP
Anyways I used duo Lingo in the past to learn Japanese so that I could understand anime and read mangas online.

I also used Spanish on it to watch dramatic telenovelas (I actually could speak basic spanish for a while and then got bored).

I’m currently watching Turkish drama’s which are entertaining and I am also considering using duo lingo to learn a little bit

Apollo

VIP
WAAAAWAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

Someone suggested French Language for Somalia.:damn: :snoop: :mindblown:

French is legit useful in Africa. The Maghreb, West Africa, the Congo, Djibouti, and Madagascar + surrounding islands.

These areas will have +1 billion people in a few decades. It isn't like Somalia where Italian died off, these coons still speak French at a high level.

But who knows, things can change, see this:

French is legit useful in Africa. The Maghreb, West Africa, the Congo, Djibouti, and Madagascar + surrounding islands.

These areas will have +1 billion people in a few decades. It isn't like Somalia where Italian died off, these coons still speak French at a high level.

But who knows, things can change, see this:

they have like a bazillion ethnicities while we have one. That's why Djibouti has French as the official language.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I wonder why the EU isn't bringing Latin back from the dead as the main working language and promoting its usage across the EU.

Now that the UK is out, why use their shitty Franco-Frisian pidgin? 🤣

English is kind of an ugly unwieldy language. Latin is pretty awesome.

If Israel managed to do it with formerly dead Hebrew, the EU could do it with Latin.

An Italian friend of mine (born and raised in Italy) said a lot of Italians are fluent in Latin but no one knows how to pronounce it.

:dead:

Trending