Only Somalia is studying Turkish on Duolingo

Apollo

VIP
Madows. I will never cease to be heartbroken by their coonery. First they fervently follow a diin given to them by their conquerors, then they straighten their hair and wear wigs to imitate their conqueror's women and now this?

Walk Away Season 4 GIF by This Is Us

Imagine the epic lol if Dir, Isaaq, Darod, Hawiye, Rahanweyn all spoke different unintelligible languages and as a compromise Somalia became an Italian speaking nation. :dead:

:mindblown: :damn:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Imagine the epic lol if Dir, Isaaq, Darod, Hawiye, Rahanweyn all spoke different unintelligible languages and as a compromise Somalia became an Italian speaking nation. :dead:

:mindblown: :damn:

At that point I'd just go the Sudani way and choose Arabic. At least it's Afro-Asiatic. Look at this beauty:

GlOjbnS.png

What do you wanna speak? The language that produced that or street Latin?

You have to consider this.

When will a Somali high school graduate ever use English. He will never visit America or the UK.

But he has a good chance to study in Turkey or visit or even live there.
English is an international language, with English you'll be able to communicate with the whole world..

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Why the hell should we be producing people who will "earn more in the west"? What country actually promotes brain drain?!

dead wink martindale GIF

You’re not producing brain drain but competitive employees.

Many Somalis will work in international industries as we develop, it’s our job to make sure they’re more competitive when working for Western conglomerates.

Apollo

VIP
street Latin?

I wonder why the EU isn't bringing Latin back from the dead as the main working language and promoting its usage across the EU.

Now that the UK is out, why use their shitty Franco-Frisian pidgin? 🤣

English is kind of an ugly unwieldy language. Latin is pretty awesome.

If Israel managed to do it with formerly dead Hebrew, the EU could do it with Latin.

GemState

36/21
VIP
The entire world should learn English tbh, most countries should have their native language + English as the only languages they speak.

Homogenizing the planet for the 1 world government

Apollo

VIP
the EU could do it with Latin.

Come to think of it, if successful, this would give the EU globalists an excuse to expand the EU into Turkey, North Africa, the Levant, and Iraq. THEY WUZ LATIN TOO, diversity training gulag for you racist. :dead:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Come to think of it, if successful, this would give the EU globalists an excuse to expand the EU into Turkey, North Africa, the Levant, and Iraq. THEY WUZ LATIN TOO, diversity training gulag for you racist. :dead:
The real third reich. I can't wait until it consolidates into an Empire when some conniving old man works his way up into an autocratic role. How do you say "Execute Order 66" in Latin?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
English is an international language, with English you'll be able to communicate with the whole world..

And does the world want to communicate with Somalia?

Why you blaming Somalis back home for appreciating someone that gives them attention.

If Turkey isn’t a good option, then diaspora Somalis should advocate for their nations to give Somalis the same opportunities Turkey gives Somalia.

Apollo

VIP
@Periplus

People in Socotra are cooning hard for the UAE. Similar to the people of Xamar with Turkey but 100x worse.

But I guess it makes sense in such poor countries to be happy with benevolent Islamic countries.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Periplus

People in Socotra are cooning hard for the UAE. Similar to the people of Xamar with Turkey but 100x worse.

But I guess it makes sense in such poor countries to be happy with benevolent Islamic countries.

They’re being given attention. Why should a Somali back home give a f*ck about US, UK or EU.

They would say “if they’re so great, why aren’t they building roads, setting up businesses or even giving us basic infrastructure.”

Im not saying I agree with these positions, I’m saying this is what the average Somali thinks.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
@Periplus

Both Somalia and Ethiopia should revert to monarchies and have the royal families intermarry to form a joint Muslimo-Christian empire. Arabic and Ge'ez as joint official languages and a basically secular state with Muslim and Christian populations. As for who should rule on the Somali side? I nominate Beesha Mooracase.

:silanyosmile:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Both Somalia and Ethiopia should revert to monarchies and have the royal families intermarry to form a joint Muslimo-Christian empire. Arabic and Ge'ez as joint official languages and a basically secular state with Muslim and Christian populations. As for who should rule on the Somali side? I nominate Beesha Mooracase.

:silanyosmile:

Somalia should never be a monarchy purely because no royal family deserves to rule over the entirety of Somalia.

Why give a glorified elitist qabiil laf land they never held prior to colonisation?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Somalia should never be a monarchy purely because no royal family deserves to rule over the entirety of Somalia.

Why give a glorified elitist qabiil laf land they never held prior to colonisation?
Purely trolling. This is my actual stance:

Respectfully? Eff you, walaalkay. As someone who grew up under a strict monarchy I would most assuredly lay down my life before I let a single Geeljire in Somaliweyn submit to such tyranny. I would rather we be dirt poor forever and able to shit talk cheese man on live television than bow to some Suldaan and have Burger Kings and nice roads. A single generation or so dictatorship while we industrialize I can stomach but some 5head like me acting like he has some right to rule me? I'd sooner die.

In line with yours. To be honest, a a fair number of early modern Somali elites were ironically pan-Somalists from what I've noticed. Which adds an air of hilarity whenever I see qabiilists on here talking about how Somalis would be divided between Sultanates if it wasn't for the gaalo.

Kratos

Sonder
Surprised to see so much Spanish in Africa. Also no non-Arab Muslim countries with Arabic? I use duolingo for learning Arabic and retaining my Swedish. There's no other language I would want to learn. If Somali was on there it would be nice too, trying to stop being a hooyo mataalo.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Main foreign languages that should be encouraged by Somalia's government, IMO, should be English, Arabic, and French in that order.
Why on earth would we even consider learning such a useless language like French? We have nothing to do with france nor border any French speaking countries (Djiboutians speak somali as a native language).

It should be English-Arabic-Amharic in that order

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I wonder why the EU isn't bringing Latin back from the dead as the main working language and promoting its usage across the EU.

Now that the UK is out, why use their shitty Franco-Frisian pidgin? 🤣

English is kind of an ugly unwieldy language. Latin is pretty awesome.

If Israel managed to do it with formerly dead Hebrew, the EU could do it with Latin.
Latin is more common than people think amongst the upper class in the UK specifically. My school is partnered with one of the UKs top grammar schools so we occasionally have to do activities/clubs with them and some of them have been learning latin from their childhood. One dude speaks it fluently because his mum makes him talk to her in Latin so at home he has to switch between queens English and Latin. Their school even offers Latin as an A level subject and it’s extremely popular

Trending

Latest posts