Only investments can save PM Khayre, not politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
with everything being said, whats are short and long term goal/plans? How do we do this without pissing off the global world structure? Also, I've noticed that how you all agree that no one wants to invest in Somalia which would turn us into a resource colony for life so how do we build our country?

@Cadmus

Lol, dude my entire career I spent working in the financial investment world let's not go there, your premises need to be challenged, it's how great ideas are developed, don't develop an ego or a cultish like personality over this sxb.

With the exception of your last post which is your best in this whole thread thus far! Your entire premise can be summed up as "PM needs to court foreign investment" citing UN and other parasite private investment (the same UN you lambasted in your previous post) basically a euphemism for 'let's sell our souls' to the highest bidders.

The great thing is that most of them beyond the UAE are not very interested at this moment in time in a meaningful way, we have seen the effects of UAE foreign investment thus far (dramatic loss of local revenue, more poverty, no development, more corruption, loss of key national assets, job losses etc.)

You made a preposterous claim about HSM receiving 1 billion and the previous president and you cry foul when I respond to it for going into politics and derailing, in fact everything in life is intertwined with politics my friend, they are inseparable.

Is there any other proposition you have beyond this mantra of courting private foreign investment to the country as means of bringing us out of poverty? show me any country in Africa were this has worked and uplifted the majority of the people rather then 5-10%?

I have outlined mine, I have yet to see even a very basic plan from you thus far beyond the single buzz word, if you are going to criticise the former CEO millionaire business man PM at least counter with an alternative plan.

Last edited:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
with everything being said, whats are short and long term goal/plans? How do we do this without pissing off the global world structure? Also, I've noticed that how you all agree that no one wants to invest in Somalia which would turn us into a resource colony for life so how do we build our country?

Hard work and strategic planning years in advance of our every step.

Like Japan and other countries that lacked resources underground; we should focus on producing and exporting value added products.

There are plenty of options for that; like turning agricultural products from our neighbours into retail products or the high tech approach of providing the infrastructure components that Africa and other countries need to industrialize (quality Chinese and cheap German alternative).

However we have to make sure we don't step on too many people's toes here or have a strategy for taking care of them.

We don't have any option but to initially focus on getting foreign currency to backup our domestic currency (since we don't have the farms to do that instead).

We use that time to educate our citizens to all the latest tech we need for self sufficiency.

We act like we're playing along but simply wait until the global order changes (which happen every 100 years or so and is due for one now) and we then develop whatever we need to stay independent and take control of sphere of influence to have a place to always trade in regardless of sanctions.

Now the most important thing is to guarantee we have an independent and patriotic government.

If we allow too many foreigners to invest in Somalia they'd end up with the biggest influence in Somalia politics and could derail any plans for future sovereignty.

Get the minimum investment needed to setup initial industrial zones and factories but limit the selloff of land and other long-term assets in Somalia.

To be honest the Somali diaspora could invest all we need at the moment to get started if the Government actually set out clear guidelines on how businesses and contracts should be run.

Unlike the Constitution discussions the government in Xamar could push that through in certain states without too much obstacles.

Professor

The name is Professor, Haji Professor
There should be a complete and total shutdown of all land sales to foreigners. This is because land sales often entitle foreigners to residency and rights that they shouldn't have in the first place. Land should be owned by the state and provided for the purposes of investment over certain periods, such as 99 year lease for foreigners.

Only Somali investors should be able to purchase land, otherwise you get situations like in Somaliland, where the crown prince of kuwait built a $3 million mansion with a HUGE land area that cannot ever be inspected by the government. I heard some nasty, nasty stories about that compound, don't know if it's true or not though so I won't mention it.

What is a fact on the other hand, is the kuwaiti's can claim all the oil "under" that land, just like Bancroft International did with the land that contains uranium deposits outside of Xamar..

If we bring in investments that can generate sufficient revenue for the government, then we don't have to sell valuable land to anyone.

We have to start thinking for the long term.
what are the rumours sxb

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland

Like Japan and other countries that lacked resources underground; we should focus on producing and exporting value added products.

There are plenty of options for that; like turning agricultural products from our neighbours into retail products or the high tech approach of providing the infrastructure components that Africa and other countries need to industrialize (quality Chinese and cheap German alternative).

However we have to make sure we don't step on too many people's toes here or have a strategy for taking care of them.

We don't have any option but to initially focus on getting foreign currency to backup our domestic currency (since we don't have the farms to do that instead).

We use that time to educate our citizens to all the latest tech we need for self sufficiency.

We act like we're playing along but simply wait until the global order changes (which happen every 100 years or so and is due for one now) and we then develop whatever we need to stay independent and take control of sphere of influence to have a place to always trade in regardless of sanctions.

Now the most important thing is to guarantee we have an independent and patriotic government.

If we allow too many foreigners to invest in Somalia they'd end up with the biggest influence in Somalia politics and could derail any plans for future sovereignty.

Get the minimum investment needed to setup initial industrial zones and factories but limit the selloff of land and other long-term assets in Somalia.

To be honest the Somali diaspora could invest all we need at the moment to get started if the Government actually set out clear guidelines on how businesses and contracts should be run.

Unlike the Constitution discussions the government in Xamar could push that through in certain states without too much obstacles.
there should be a covert group to plan this all out. I doubt the Somalia's government could do alone, they'll need the Educated diaspora

@Cadmus

Lol, dude my entire career I spent working in the financial investment world let's not go there, your premises need to be challenged, it's how great ideas are developed, don't develop an ego or a cultish like personality over this sxb.

With the exception of your last post which is your best in this whole thread thus far! Your entire premise can be summed up as "PM needs to court foreign investment" citing UN and other parasite private investment (the same UN you lambasted in your previous post) basically a euphemism for 'let's sell our souls' to the highest bidders.

The great thing is that most of them beyond the UAE are not very interested at this moment in time in a meaningful way, we have seen the effects of UAE foreign investment thus far (dramatic loss of local revenue, more poverty, no development, more corruption, loss of key national assets, job losses etc.)

You made a preposterous claim about HSM receiving 1 billion and the previous president and you cry foul when I respond to it for going into politics and derailing, in fact everything in life is intertwined with politics my friend, they are inseparable.

Is there any other proposition you have beyond this mantra of courting private foreign investment to the country as means of bringing us out of poverty? show me any country in Africa were this has worked and uplifted the majority of the people rather then 5-10%?

I have outlined mine, I have yet to see even a very basic plan from you thus far beyond the single buzz word, if you are going to criticise the former CEO millionaire business man PM at least counter with an alternative plan.
What plans have you come up with? Other than collecting money from Eedo's to finance multi-billion dollar agricultural infrastructure?

The posters on this thread were discussing actual technical steps to smooth the process of governance, and how to make it easier for investors to get it touch - cut down on corruption, and how to attract FDI at the same time.
Until you turned up with your fake revolutionary spiel that would kill our country just like Libya.
Thank god you're not in power.

Your ego and sense of entitlement is out of this world.

You have always worked in the "investment world," but don't know how essential grain silos and storage facilities are to an agriculture and livestock-based economy such as Somalia. :uCkf6mf:

"investment World," what does that even mean? You mean financial industry, or capital markets such as M&A, hedge funds, market maker, investment banks etc. "Investment world" sounds amateurish.

I highly doubt that you have any experience in the financial sector as:

1, All you did was counter every constructive idea with conspiracy theories and armchair analytical opinions that only lead to despair.
2. Khayre went from being an NGO worker to one of the richest Somali's on the planet within a year or two, without producing any commodity or performing any services to mass consumers. Highly suspect. He has to prove himself to the Somali people. Period. Right now he's failing miserably.
2. You defended the biggest thief in Somali's political history (HSM,) and expect to be taken seriously.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201610300028.html
A former top financial manager in the Somali government has released a report detailing how over $1 billion was diverted from the national budget between 2013 and 2015.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-shines-rare-light-somali-govt-finances-172252435.html

That's excluding 2016 & 2017 by the way.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...ort-shines-rare-light-on-somali-govt-finances

No one here has to prove anything to you, we were talking about constructive ways to improve our economy and create jobs for the youth, but you derail everything with you fake Che Guvara "let's just kill our whole country because I've seen the motorcycle diaries one too many time."

I'm not gonna argue or waste energy on you anymore.

We're done here.

I like this reply, you are by far one of the knowledgeable members of this forum.

I think Somalia/land should invest in this and animal feed storage. If only the qurbajoog was as interested in Somalia like the Nigerians are with Nigeria we wouldn't need the government. I fear Somalis in the west will be like the Irish Diaspora useless bunch that use their heritage as a unique selling point.
I really am not brother, there' some astonishingly intelligent individuals on this website. I just try to learn as much as I can, but I have a long long way to go.

Great idea.
Animal feed storage facilities in Somalia and Somaliland, could have prevented the recent mass death of Somali livestock. This is because animals unlike humans, are able to absorb a lot of liquids from the moisture in feed (if moisture controlled) and grass and bushes. These animals could have fed the individual nomadic families without needing the interference of the west and the #love army.

The Somali diaspora are already moving back in droves, but the wealthy ones with the largest disposable income won't even contemplating moving back until they know their hard-earned wealth will be safe. This requires a modern banking sector, which itself requires a modern telecommunications sector.

What allows Nigerians to move back home and live in their country, is because they can have a quality of life that outranks life in the west, if they have enough money. This is attractive to Nigerians, so they work hard in the west, save up, and than go back home to live the high life.

Even if you're a multi-millionaire Somali moving back home, you won't even have adequate supermarkets such as in the west, there's unreliable and slow internet, unreliable and inadequate electricity + safety concerns + lack of adequate rule of law if someone infringes on your rights.

Despite all of this.

Somalia and Somaliland are moving in the right direction though. Bit by bit.

Last edited:

To be honest the Somali diaspora could invest all we need at the moment to get started if the Government actually set out clear guidelines on how businesses and contracts should be run

BINGO.
Intelligent and clear headed ideas.
Transparency is what we need to help bring in investments.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Transparency is what we need to help bring in investments.

Yep.

Unfortunately the members of Parliament that own monopolies and large tracts of land would be against transparency.

Hence we need the cabinet to create independent business/industrial & land legislative committees that are in charge of creating these laws without the interference of MP's.

MP's should only be allowed to vote for the bills at the end without being able to add amendments in their favour.

If they refuse the bills then Farmaajo and Khayre could use this against them in public (not that the public could do much about it).

Independent committees are just one of the options available to Khayre and this shows that he has no excuses when it comes to setting up the right conditions for investments and businesses.

They can fail with the Al Shabaab campaign but if they don't get anything substantial down in regards to the above within 2 years I'll then give up on this government and just assume they're working for the enemy as well.

Yep.

Unfortunately the members of Parliament that own monopolies and large tracts of land would be against transparency.

Hence we need the cabinet to create independent business/industrial & land legislative committees that are in charge of creating these laws without the interference of MP's.

MP's should only be allowed to vote for the bills at the end without being able to add amendments in their favour.

If they refuse the bills then Farmaajo and Khayre could use this against them in public (not that the public could do much about it).

Independent committees are just one of the options available to Khayre and this shows that he has no excuses when it comes to setting up the right conditions for investments and businesses.

They can fail with the Al Shabaab campaign but if they don't get anything substantial down in regards to the above within 2 years I'll then give up on this government and just assume they're working for the enemy as well.
100%.

They've set up parliamentary committees. Committees that are staffed by unelected officials. This parliament is bought and paid for, essentially, they don't represent the population at large so their voice on state matters should be limited as much as possible. Your idea about independent committees is the right solution in this case. The only issue with this is how you would set them up and who they would report, if they should report to anyone such as Farmaajo.

Khayre is a businessman, but chooses to not use his "advantage."

Does he have a policy for investments?

Fantastic initiative from the PM and Minister Beileh, combine this with digitization and corruption will virtually be eliminated.
Great stuff from the government.

The Cabinet approved Public Financial Management Law (PFM), another SMP @IMFNews benchmark completed #Somalia

Everything isn't always about money. Initiative is what people want to see.

Great stuff from a young leader.

The government has to focus on investments, otherwise you get situations like this, where regional leaders purposefully create projects that will suck the economic lifeblood out of Xamar, to places such as Baraawe. Looking at the inflation in xamar, inflated land prices, corruption, crime rate, terrorism, tribalism, pollution etc, makes it very easy for the government to be sidelined. If this project is created, then future investments will flow through Baraawe, not xamar.

It's no secret that SWS's Sheikh Sharif has ambitions to become president by creating an economic capital in Baraawe, this was known when Baraawe became the SWS capital.

How did the government lose the opportunity to keep Baraawe & Marka within a greater Banadir state?

It isn't difficult for xamar to do something similar and own the physical means of production (Sheikh Shariff is merely copying what Siad Barre did, except foreigners will own most of the profits.) That's how you keep the foreign currency from the agricultural export within the country. This kind of FDI should really be inward investment, otherwise there's no benefit to Somalis other than minimum wage. What is worrisome about this project is:

1. The security parameters that will carve up land in and around the Shabelle river and their possibilities for abuse in the future.
2. The effects of such large scale irrigation, combined with block/damming of the Shabelle River will have on not only the rural and nomadic communities, but on the environment and future sustainability concerns.

Sheikh Shariff is making the right moves to become president in 2020. This is what I was saying PM Khayre should do to create jobs for the Somali youth.

https://www.firsthectares.com/projects/

tumblr_mjco89cUVY1rkz363o1_1280.jpg

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
The government has to focus on investments, otherwise you get situations like this, where regional leaders purposefully create projects that will suck the economic lifeblood out of Xamar, to places such as Baraawe. Looking at the inflation in xamar, inflated land prices, corruption, crime rate, terrorism, tribalism, pollution etc, makes it very easy for the government to be sidelined. If this project is created, then future investments will flow through Baraawe, not xamar.

It's no secret that SWS's Sheikh Sharif has ambitions to become president by creating an economic capital in Baraawe, this was known when Baraawe became the SWS capital.

How did the government lose the opportunity to keep Baraawe & Marka within a greater Banadir state?

It isn't difficult for xamar to do something similar and own the physical means of production (Sheikh Shariff is merely copying what Siad Barre did, except foreigners will own most of the profits.) That's how you keep the foreign currency from the agricultural export within the country. This kind of FDI should really be inward investment, otherwise there's no benefit to Somalis other than minimum wage. What is worrisome about this project is:

1. The security parameters that will carve up land in and around the Shabelle river and their possibilities for abuse in the future.
2. The effects of such large scale irrigation, combined with block/damming of the Shabelle River will have on not only the rural and nomadic communities, but on the environment and future sustainability concerns.

Sheikh Shariff is making the right moves to become president in 2020. This is what I was saying PM Khayre should do to create jobs for the Somali youth.

https://www.firsthectares.com/projects/

tumblr_mjco89cUVY1rkz363o1_1280.jpg

This product could of easily been done by somalis and could of hired all somalis, this could be replicated across the shabelle and juba, I read the website and it says the main guy behind it was a refugee from east africa clearly he isn't somali and he dont look kenya so its and ethiopian behind this getting funding from arabs and security from blackwater

This product could of easily been done by somalis and could of hired all somalis, this could be replicated across the shabelle and juba, I read the website and it says the main guy behind it was a refugee from east africa clearly he isn't somali and he dont look kenya so its and ethiopian behind this getting funding from arabs and security from blackwater
Ethiopia could very be behind this after Kenya pretty much has Jubbaland on lockdown, good job on spotting that, I didn't even see that he was habashi. One thing that is absolutely certain is that UAE is behind this. Sheikh Shariff was called to Dubai and offered investments for the port of Baraawe within a few days after President Farmaajo refused to be Saudi and UAE's puppet. This move by the arabs to create a gulf (literally between Madobe and President Farmaajo due to Blackwaters security perimeters on that map) is proxy-warfare at its finest. Appealing to Sheikh Shariff's desire to become president and helping him to carve out a feudal state.
Because SWS state borders with greater Mogadishu, if Sheikh Shariff pulls this off, then the concept of a Somali state is over and the rest of the states will also try to carve out a feudal kingdom (as we've seen with PL moves just this week.)

This project is highly, highly suspicious. There is more than simple agriculture at stake here. Since when do you need private mercenaries to protect agriculture? I've never seen this in my entire life, even Iraq and Afghanistan don't need security for agriculture, seeing as both farmers and governments benefit. I believe this is a strategic way forward to break SWS away from Somalia. Not difficult considering SL did it with no outside help, let alone Blackwater and UAE funding.

The government could easily have done this. I don't know why they don't focus on projects like this instead. Maybe they will now that the situation just got real in SWS. Could be the kick up the backside the government needs to become proactive.

You're right, this could be replicated almost anywhere in Somalia, all it takes is initiative.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
Couple weeks ago Larry the puntite created a thread for state owned enterpises and collecting $10 billion from 10,000 somalis, this could of definitely been done by us and our people with very little outside help.

Ethiopia could very be behind this after Kenya pretty much has Jubbaland on lockdown, good job on spotting that, I didn't even see that he was habashi. One thing that is absolutely certain is that UAE is behind this. Sheikh Shariff was called to Dubai and offered investments for the port of Baraawe within a few days after President Farmaajo refused to be Saudi and UAE's puppet. This move by the arabs to create a gulf (literally between Madobe and President Farmaajo due to Blackwaters security perimeters on that map) is proxy-warfare at its finest. Appealing to Sheikh Shariff's desire to become president and helping him to carve out a feudal state.
Because SWS state borders with greater Mogadishu, if Sheikh Shariff pulls this off, then the concept of a Somali state is over and the rest of the states will also try to carve out a feudal kingdom (as we've seen with PL moves just this week.)

This project is highly, highly suspicious. There is more than simple agriculture at stake here. Since when do you need private mercenaries to protect agriculture? I've never seen this in my entire life, even Iraq and Afghanistan don't need security for agriculture, seeing as both farmers and governments benefit. I believe this is a strategic way forward to break SWS away from Somalia. Not difficult considering SL did it with no outside help, let alone Blackwater and UAE funding.

The government could easily have done this. I don't know why they don't focus on projects like this instead. Maybe they will now that the situation just got real in SWS. Could be the kick up the backside the government needs to become proactive.

You're right, this could be replicated almost anywhere in Somalia, all it takes is initiative.

But the question is where and how will SWS break out? Like they are surrounded by Somalis all the way? I know that shariff sakin is not ethnic Somali.

Couple weeks ago Larry the puntite created a thread for state owned enterpises and collecting $10 billion from 10,000 somalis, this could of definitely been done by us and our people with very little outside help.
That's a great idea, could even become the foundation for a national Bond market or Stock exchange. Shout out to Larry for that one. That's exactly the enterprising mindset a broke government needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts