On the Quraysh

Islamic cultures have historically almost always venerated the Arabs over others - in nearly every Islamic nation in the world, one can find a variety of peoples claiming heritage from some semi-mythical Arab ancestor, the veracity of which is often disputed at best and oftentimes an outright fabrication. Venerated even above the common Arabs however, are the Quraysh, the tribe of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW), first enemies and then stalwart defenders of Islam. Here are a few of the narrations in Hadith dealing with the Quraysh, and I want to know what Somalispot makes of them.

First, from Sahih Muslim.

إن الله اصطفى كنانة من ولد إسماعيل، واصطفى قريشاً من كنانة، واصطفى من قريش بني هاشم، واصطفاني من بني هاشم​

Allah chose Kinānah from the progeny of Ismā‘īl, chose Quraysh from Kinānah, chose Bani Hāshim from Quraysh and chose me from Bani Hāshim.

Then from Bukhari.

عَنْ رِفَاعَةَ بْنِ رَافِعٍ ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ لِعُمَرَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ : ” اجْمَعْ لِي قَوْمَكَ ” ، فَجَمَعَهُمْ ، فَلَمَّا حَضَرُوا بَابَ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ دَخَلَ عَلَيْهِ عُمَرُ فَقَالَ : قَدْ جَمَعْتُ لَكَ قَوْمِي ، فَسَمِعَ ذَلِكَ الْأَنْصَارُ فَقَالُوا : قَدْ نَزَلَ فِي قُرَيْشٍ الْوَحْيُ ، فَجَاءَ الْمُسْتَمِعُ وَالنَّاظِرُ مَا يُقَالُ لَهُمْ ، فَخَرَجَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ، فَقَامَ بَيْنَ أَظْهُرِهِمْ فَقَالَ : ” هَلْ فِيكُمْ مِنْ غَيْرِكُمْ ؟ ” قَالُوا : نَعَمْ ، فِينَا حَلِيفُنَا وَابْنُ أُخْتِنَا وَمَوَالِينَا ، قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : ” حَلِيفُنَا مِنَّا ، وَابْنُ أُخْتِنَا مِنَّا ، وَمَوَالِينَا مِنَّا ، وَأَنْتُمْ تَسْمَعُونَ : إِنَّ أَوْلِيَائِي مِنْكُمُ الْمُتَّقُونَ ، فَإِنْ كُنْتُمْ أُولَئِكَ فَذَاكَ ، وَإِلَّا فَانْظُرُوا ، لَا يَأْتِي النَّاسُ بِالْأَعْمَالِ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ ، وَتَأْتُونَ بِالْأَثْقَالِ ، فَيُعْرَضَ عَنْكُمْ ” ، ثُمَّ نَادَى فَقَالَ : ” يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ – وَرَفَعَ يَدَيْهِ يَضَعَهُمَا عَلَى رُءُوسِ قُرَيْشٍ – أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ ، إِنَّ قُرَيْشًا أَهْلُ أَمَانَةٍ ، مَنْ بَغَى بِهِمْ – قَالَ زُهَيْرٌ : أَظُنُّهُ قَالَ : الْعَوَاثِرَ – كَبَّهُ اللَّهُ لِمِنْخِرَيْهِ ” ، يَقُولُ ذَلِكَ ثَلَاثَ مَرَّاتٍ​

Rifā‘ah b. Rāfi‘ (r) reported that the Prophet ﷺ said to ‘Umar (r), “Gather your people for me.” He gathered them, and once they were at the door of the Prophet ﷺ, ‘Umar entered and said, “I’ve gathered for you my people.” The Ansār heard this and said, “Revelation has been sent down regarding the Quraysh.” People came to hear and see what would be said, so the Prophet ﷺ came out and stood amongst them and said, “Are there any amongst you who are not from your own selves?” They replied, “Yes, there are those who we are in alliance with, our nephews and our mawlās.” The Prophet ﷺ said, “Our allies are from us, our nephews are from us, our mawlās are from us. O you who are listening: my friends are those amongst you who maintain taqwā. If you are from them then good, but if not, then be careful lest people come on the Day of Standing with good deeds whereas you come with burdens, and you are cast aside.” Then he called out and said, “O People – and he lifted his hands and placed them on the heads of the Quraysh – O People! The Quraysh are the most trustworthy people. Whoever wishes for them – and Zuhayr said, “I think he said “problems” – Allah will throw him on his face.” He said that three times.

From the Kanz al-Ummal.

خيار قريش خيار الناس , وشرار قريش شرار الناس , والذي نفس محمد بيده , لولا أن تبطر قريش لأخبرتها بما لخيارها عند الله أو ما لها عند الله​

The best of Quraysh are the very best of mankind and the worst of the Quraysh are the very worst of mankind. By the One in Whose Hand lies the soul of Muhammad, if it was not for the fact that the Quraysh become proud, I would have informed them of their position of excellence with Allah.

The Musnad of Imam Ahmad, with the clarification that Imām al-Zuhri was asked about the meaning of this statement and he replied, “in their superior opinions.”

إن للقرشي مثل قوة رجلين من غير قريش​

Certainly, a man from the Quraysh has the strength of two men from other than the Quraysh

And a small collection of hadith speaking on the requirement that only Quraysh must rule.
This matter is in Quraish. None will dispute with them while they establish the deen except that 21 Allah will drag him on his face (Al-Bukhari).
The Prophet (ﷺ) said: “This matter will remain in Quraish as long as there are even two of them existing.”
"People are subservient to Quraysh in this matter: the Muslims among them [being subservient] to the Muslims among them, and the disbelievers among them [being subservient] to the disbelievers among them." (Muslim, Bukhari, Ahmad).
"There will be twelve Muslim rulers (who will rule all the Islamic world) ... All of them (those rulers) will be from Quraysh." (Bukhari, 7222; Muslim, Volume 9, Book 89, Number 329)
"The religion will continue upright until the Hour has been established, or you have [been ruled] over by twelve Caliphs, all of them from Quraysh" (Muslim)
'This matter (of the caliphate) will remain with the Quraish, and none will rebel against them, but Allah will throw him down on his face as long as they stick to the rules and regulations of the religion (Islam).'" (Muslim, Volume 9, Book 89, Number 253)

Garaad diinle

 
You said that you are amazigh yet you post a lot on arab issues and seems to be both knowledgeable and passionate about the whole thing. You sure you're not one of these north africans that see themselves as being of arab origin if so why are you calling yourself amazigh?

You said that you are amazigh yet you post a lot on arab issues and seems to be both knowledgeable and passionate about the whole thing. You sure you're not one of these north africans that see themselves as being of arab origin if so why are you calling yourself amazigh?

Because North Africans outside of Egypt are of predominantly Amazigh ancestry, heritage and culture. I don't really care for Peninsular Arab issues or whatever and no one here really seems to care much about Tuaregs, Sahrawis or the like. Maybe I'll make a post on them tomorrow.

Garaad diinle

 
Because North Africans outside of Egypt are of predominantly Amazigh ancestry, heritage and culture. I don't really care for Peninsular Arab issues or whatever and no one here really seems to care much about Tuaregs, Sahrawis or the like. Maybe I'll make a post on them tomorrow.
Then what made come to somali forum of all thing?

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
Why wouldn’t they be? The Quraysh led the three of the four major Islamic caliphates. The commander of the faithful can only be from the Quraysh.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
I know that arabs tend to be venerated in North Africa and Pakistan,
But in places like Iran and Turkey they get shat on lol.
And didn't then prophet say that all are equal?
This bootlicking of Arabs are just from weak niggas like Pakistanis who are as Indian as a pajeet from gujrat but became middle Eastern through conquest.

Trending

Latest posts