Omani Governor of Mogadishu??

1596436693252.png

Omani “control” of the Benadir coasts was only NOMINAL! meaning that they claimed to rule a territory they had no control over. The Benadir coasts was not ruled by Omanis, it was ruled by the Hiiraab/Geledi Somalis.

2F0CE998-05A1-42C0-AB09-AA2D5BB4656E.jpeg

Doesn’t that mean they didn’t rule over us at all?
They never any Somali territory, they only claimed to rule it but had no control over it, that’s what nominal means. It’s like Somalia claiming to rule California? That would be a ridiculous claim. Benadir coasts was ruled by the Somalis (Geledi Sultanate and Hiiraab Imamate).

They never any Somali territory, they only claimed to rule it but had no control over it, that’s what nominal means. It’s like Somalia claiming to rule California? That would be a ridiculous claim. Benadir coasts was ruled by the Somalis (Geledi Sultanate and Hiiraab Imamate).
I haven’t heard of this until sspot. Why do somalis push this claim then? It’s strange.

At one point the Omanis had a self-gov/self-rule in xamar/marka but in exchange, they had to pay a large amount of gold to Geledi sultan who was ruling southern part of Somalia. One day they refused/couldn't pay so the Geledi sultan kicked them out. The majority of them want back to Oman, few went to Zanzibar and the rest stayed in xamar/marka.

At one point the Omanis had a self-gov/self-rule in xamar/marka but in exchange, they had to pay a large amount of gold to Geledi sultan who was ruling southern part of Somalia. One day they refused/couldn't pay so the Geledi sultan kicked them out. The majority of them want back to Oman, few went to Zanzibar and the rest stayed in xamar/marka.
Source please?

Your family is not a reliable source. What’s your qabil if you don’t mind me asking?
I'm HG. Both of my parents are too. My grandmom(AUN) on my mother's side is reer xamar. Reer Adarussi to be specific. I know family is not a reliable source but that's what she and her family told me..

I'm HG. Both of my parents are too. My grandmom(AUN) on my mother's side is reer xamar. Reer Adarussi to be specific. I know family is not a reliable source but that's what she and her family told me..
AUN to your grandmother. But does your grandmother’s family think they are Omani or something? If this happened why isn’t there any information about it?

Trending