Omani Governor of Mogadishu??

I've quoted these sources and mentioned the book and chapters. I never made any claim. These are their claims and they have archaeological evidence. Lewis, Virginia Luling, Casannelli, and Ali Mukhtar were great historians then but they didn't have any evidence to their claims because all they did was quote misleading traditions that have been investigated and discredited by modern scholars. Please check them out and stop with the pettiness because there are no holes here but your arrogance. The only holes I see are your two previous comments you posted making dubious claims with no shred of evidence while I posted multiple references regarding Geledi Sultanate proving all my claims. You simply ignored them showing your dishonesty.

Still haven't found the holes in your post above?
I know you couldn't find Baadiyow's misrepresentation of Sidney Welch even when I gave you the pages, so I shouldn't be surprised.
Give it a rest. Zanzibar sold the South to the Italians. That's enough.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Still haven't found the holes in your post above?
I know you couldn't find Baadiyow's misrepresentation of Sidney Welch even when I gave you the pages, so I shouldn't be surprised.
Give it a rest. Zanzibar sold the South to the Italians. That's enough.

There are no holes on my side but definitely on your side. I have given you multiple references through archaeological evidences disproving these false traditions mentioned by Lewis, Virginia Luling, Casannelli, and Ali Mukhat so you can give up your fringe theories regarding the Benadir coast, Oromo, and Bantu settlement in south Somalia as its already been disproven by modern scholars. Before you go I suggest you check out their books so you can hopefully learn more.

As for Zanzibar, I've already posted the source proving Zanzibar only sold infrastructure in Mogadishu but not the land itself that was owned by Somalis. What you showed was an old misinterpretation that has been disproven. The truth is Imaam Maxamuud the king of Hiraab whole controlled Mogadishu and Warsheikh signed a colonial Treaty of Mogadishu in 1894 and it happened the same with other ports. What matters is I proved to you with several sources that Zanzibar Sultanate's role on the Benadir coast was only nominal while the local rulers: Geledi Sultanate and Hiraab Imamate exercised real authority in the region.

You've mentioned lots of lies about Abdullahi Abdurahman and I've corrected your slander against him because only you were the one who misinterpreted him so please let us not waste our time here.

Last edited:
There are no holes on my side but definitely on your side. I have given you multiple references through archaeological evidences disproving these false traditions mentioned by Lewis, Virginia Luling, Casannelli, and Ali Mukhat so you can give up your fringe theories regarding the Benadir coast, Oromo, and Bantu settlement in south Somalia as its already been disproven by modern scholars. Before you go I suggest you check out their books so you can hopefully learn more.

As for Zanzibar, I've already posted the source proving Zanzibar only sold infrastructure in Mogadishu but not the land itself that was owned by Somalis. What you showed was an old misinterpretation that has been disproven. The truth is Imaam Maxamuud the king of Hiraab whole controlled Mogadishu and Warsheikh signed a colonial Treaty of Mogadishu in 1894 and it happened the same with other ports. What matters is I proved to you with several sources that Zanzibar Sultanate on the Benadir coast was only nominal.

You've mentioned lots of lies about Abdullahi Abdurahman and I've corrected your slander against him because only you were the one who misinterpreted him so please let us not waste our time here.

:russ:

Glad I got a screen shot before you changed it.

Factz said:
Just more horseshit with no proof. The source: Africa in the nineteenth century until the 1880s is not a new source and proved Sultan of Zanzibar sought permission from Sultan Ahmed Yusuf to construct a garrison from Mogadishu. It also proves Zanzibar's role on the Benadir coast being merely nominal. The same thing with Cambridge History of Africa proving Geledi Sultanate had more influence on the Benadir coast than Zanzibar Sultanate and regarded their "governors" as customs officers that had no real authority on the coast. Even Virginia Luling alludes to this and this is according to her:

I find it amusing how you're still able to talk with all this evidence in front of you. You said Sultan Ahmed had no control outside of Afgooye but according to Accounts and Papers of the House of Commons his brother Abubokor Yusuf would collect tributes from Mogadishu, Merca, and Barawa. He would also get involved in their political affairs. In fact, I suggest you learn about Sultan Osman's rule. Please read: Divine madness: Moḥammed ʻAbdulle Ḥassan (1856-1920). It talks about how Sultan Osman managed to repel Ethiopian forces in Luuq and Dervish forces in Xudur and Bakool regions. Everything you say is hogwash.

Please don't lie about Abdullahi Abdurahman because every claim he has made was referenced and none of them go back to Wikipedia. This only proves you haven't read his book. I also find it strange that you refer to Abdirahman Abdullahi's source as not being reliable when he is in-fact with a reputable peer-reviewed Publisher of African non-fiction/journals. [20]

Here is what he said about the Benadir coast and goes align with several sources I have shared with you.

Actually, my source is a study that is cited in that book The Origins and Development of Mogadishu AD 1000 to 1850 Ahmed Dualel Jama. [21]

and which is not a thesis by the way it's a credible peer-reviewed study cited in many books, you can do a google check it here [22] and it's carried out by an archeological unit for Mombasa Museum in Kenya. It states:

With all the evidence it has collected it has dismissed these Middle East/Swahili origin claims on the Benadir and suggests it was native found with the ancient Somali bones and architecture it managed to find. I suggest you check it out.

You have no excuse as this source has archaeological backing and done repeated studies and investigations on the Benadir coast. I know you're old but that shouldn't give you the excuse to be behind in history because it's been updated.

Lewis, Luling, Casannelli, and Ali Mukhtar's historical claims on false oral traditions have been investigated and discredited by modern historians. They were wrong about the Oromo, Bantu, and Benadir coast myths. I suggest you check out their evidence instead of following older scholars unambiguous claims like a headless sheep.

The Archaeology of Islam in Sub-Saharan Africa states:

The Origins and Development of Mogadishu AD 1000 to 1850 states:

These older scholars also claimed Himyar and Caliphate established a colony on the Benadir coast.

According to the Cambridge History of Africa who have one of the biggest historic documents in Africa investigated these claims and here is what they stated:

and discrediting more of their errors:

I have already gone back and forth with you before discussing what errors they have made and how they have been discredited by modern scholars through archaeological evidence, oral accounts, and ancient text findings. Everything you thought about the south has been wrong. You simply can't spin this and⁶ my advice for you stay updated and accept the evidences.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
:russ:

Glad I got a screen shot before you changed it.

I haven't changed anything unless you're talking about editing and expanding my post with more information then that's perfectly acceptable. Go stay in your homecare because you seem mentally absent and can't seem to stay on topic. You've been disproven in every topic. All the evidence goes against you that is why you can't take it up on the chin and resort to this trivial behaviour. Everything about you screams immaturity. I've never seen any elder behave as you do. You are definitely a troll.

Last edited:
I haven't changed anything unless you're talking about editing and expanding my post with more information then that's perfectly acceptable. Go stay in your homecare because you seem mentally absent and can't seem to stay on topic. You've been disproven in every topic. All the evidence goes against you that is why you can't take it up on the chin and resort to this trivial behaviour. Everything about you screams immaturity. I've never seen any elder behave as you do. You are definitely a troll.

Anyone can see what I saw by just opening the post.

Anyone who has found a copy of Sidney Welch already knows about you and Baadiyow.

Enough.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Anyone can see what I saw by just opening the post.

Anyone who has found a copy of Sidney Welch already knows about you and Baadiyow.

Enough.

It's not enough because you're diverting from other topics after being disproven and now you want to change topics and make it about Sydney Welch. All you're doing is wasting our time and embarrassing yourself.

Trending

Latest posts