Ohio incident highlights a failure in the Somali community!

I have been to Arab nations and noticed when I was shopping ( as a single woman), that Arab men do the shopping, or the couple goes together, it is very rare to see a married woman shopping alone. They especially do NOT ever go to the market, that's a place filled with male employees.

However, in the diaspora or even in Somalia, it's the women who do the food shopping. When my mother moved to Europe, her male ESL teacher was astonished at Somali male learners, he said "why the hell don't Somali men know the English vocabulary for food items but Somali women do!". He kept cussing Somali men and said that they are useless.

Also, when you send your wife and daughters to go food shopping, they are exposed to perverted Arab/Turkish employees!!

There is no excuse for a grown man to not to do the weekly or monthly shopping. You can do it easily on your way home from work or during the weekends. Learn how to shield and protect your women from non-mahrem men.

Not to mention the most obvious issue here; carrying shopping is heavy and intense work. What kind of man thinks it is ok to make his wife do all that heavy lifting AND to cook?

If you want to have a full-time housewife or maid/staff, as a MAN, please ensure you are in full-time control of "Outside" just like all other ethnic groups on earth.

1. Throw out the trash
2. Maintain the vehicles, pump gas/fix tyres etc.
3. Cut the grass/garden work
4. Wash the windows
5. Bring the shopping home
6. DIY work etc.

Sadly too many guys want to be treated like a king whilst doing the absolute bare minimum. I've seen far too many cases of hooyos taking her young kids with her to do the shopping.

Men need to step up fullstop.

Sadly too many guys want to be treated like a king whilst doing the absolute bare minimum. I've seen far too many cases of hooyos taking her yound kids with her to do the shopping.

Men need to step up fullstop.

The best thing about Arab/Asian men is that they protect their wives and daughters from dangerous and manly chores. They also pick up their children to and from school. You will never see their wives and daughters walking around outside or taking public transport whilst he has free time.

Go to any Arab masjid for lessons or whatever and see how they quickly pick up their women.

Pakistani/Indian men also cook the food for large gatherings because they have to handle large pots and pans.. meanwhile for Somali gatherings, they let the girls and women sweat and handle all that heavy stuff.

Somalis are also one of the only, if not the only, Muslim community that sends their daughters abroad to carry out menial jobs such as being a maid etc.

An Arab man would rather die than send his daughter to another man's house to cook, clean and risk being raped/molested.

Their pride does not permit them to eat the wages of their women/girls.

Meanwhile, in the Somali community it is seen as normal for a girl/woman to work inside and outside of the house and pay the bills like she's an adult male.

I agree. But don’t glamorize these men because there are lots of issues that these Arab and South Asian women go through. Somali men are very liberal and our women have more freedom. But you’re right when it feels like even if a Somali woman is married, she’s basically a single mom.

I agree. But don’t glamorize these men because there are lots of issues that these Arab and South Asian go through. Somali men are very liberal and our women have more freedom. But you’re right when it feels like even if a Somali woman is married, she’s basically a single mom.

Facts abayo, they take it too far also. We need moderation, just like Islam dictates but unfortunately, Asian/Arab men are a bit closer to Islamic practise than Somalis.

@Finesse at gatherings women do all the cooking, preparations and everything else under the sun. Faraxs lack compassion, seeing their wives and daughters slave away for hours doesn't bother them one bit.

They will happily put their feet up and watch TV and make demands. My male cousin once helped me carry plates to the kitchen at a zab and I got told off. They discourage guys from being helpful early on and shame women for not doing their "duties".

@Finesse at gatherings women do all the cooking, preparations and everything else under the sun. Faraxs lack compassion, seeing their wives and daughters slave away for hours doesn't bother them one bit.

They will happily put their feet up and watch TV and make demands. My male cousin once helped me carry plates to the kitchen at a zab and I got told off. They discourage guys from being helpful early on and shame women for not doing their "duties".

This is just heartbreaking sis.

If some of these useless Faraxs at least handled everything outside, there wouldn't be such a big issue but they also want women to be the men and bring home the money and shopping.

I believe Somali girls and women can try to reverse this epic failure in our community.

Step 1. Never marry a misogynist, try your best to figure out his attitudes towards the female gender and how he was raised, the apple does not fall far from the tree.
Step 2. Raise your boys to emulate the prophet SAW, raise them to be PROTECT and PROVIDE.
Step 3. Make sure both genders carry out chores in your house but teach the boys that some chores are more masculine than others; carrying heavy things and anything "outside".

They're too arrogant and can't accept their criticism. Deadbeats always complain about their women and say they weren't treated properly. After women sacrificing their youth, bodies, freetime and putting everything into the marriage they get mocked and slandered.

They're too arrogant and can't accept their criticism. Deadbeats always complain about their women and say they weren't treated properly. After women sacrificing their youth, bodies, freetime and putting everything into the marriage they get mocked and slandered.

What we can do sis, is ensure deadbeats lineages are no longer fully Somali. If every Somali woman stopped marrying sexist deadbeats, they would be forced to marry Ajnabi women.

Allah has all the power but we can also decide and trust Allah to guide us away from betas.

I say thanks, isn't that enough?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I have been to Arab nations and noticed when I was shopping ( as a single woman), that Arab men do the shopping, or the couple goes together, it is very rare to see a married woman shopping alone. They especially do NOT ever go to the market, that's a place filled with male employees.

However, in the diaspora or even in Somalia, it's the women who do the food shopping. When my mother moved to Europe, her male ESL teacher was astonished at Somali male learners, he said "why the hell don't Somali men know the English vocabulary for food items but Somali women do!". He kept cussing Somali men and said that they are useless.

Also, when you send your wife and daughters to go food shopping, they are exposed to perverted Arab/Turkish employees!!

There is no excuse for a grown man to not to do the weekly or monthly shopping. You can do it easily on your way home from work or during the weekends. Learn how to shield and protect your women from non-mahrem men.

Not to mention the most obvious issue here; carrying shopping is heavy and intense work. What kind of man thinks it is ok to make his wife do all that heavy lifting AND to cook?

If you want to have a full-time housewife or maid/staff, as a MAN, please ensure you are in full-time control of "Outside" just like all other ethnic groups on earth.

1. Throw out the trash
4. Wash the windows
6. DIY work etc.

u r assuming Somali women live with their husbands. Diaspora is single mother friendly! A Single mother cashes in in free housing, free food, side hassle

I once spoke to a man who said he would not do chores at home or learn how to do his daughter's hair..I stopped talking to him there and then.
Sexist deadbeats tend to expose themselves, listen carefully to them and understand that you can never change his beliefs.

u r assuming Somali women live with their husbands. Diaspora is single mother friendly! A Single mother cashes in in free housing, free food, side hassle

Many women are single mothers because they realised that they have a big child at home and not a man. Might as well be free of him and raise your actual babies.

This is the sad reality.

No woman is attracted to a "man" that acts like a child, it's a turn-off.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Many women are single mothers because they realised that they have a big child at home and not a man. Might as well be free of him and raise your actual babies.

This is the sad reality.

No huuno. they know their husbands cannot provide. Diaspora somali men are no different from somali men fobs back home.

Only in the west, somali woman has a friend or financial supporter

The govt, welfare

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
Yes it’s clear that African males are lazy, do not see their women as valuable, and exploit them for labor. This is obvious if you look at the state of the continent and how African women go through so much abuse while also being forced to slave away.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Yes it’s clear that African males are lazy, do not see their women as valuable, and exploit them for labor. This is obvious if you look at the state of the continent and how African women go through so much abuse while also being forced to slave away.

Hi Angelina :)

1. Throw out the trash
4. Wash the windows
6. DIY work etc.
I agree with ur post especially with the bolded part. The father should only delegate those tasks to his sons ideally from a young age to make them more responsible

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
my female relatives never did food chores except in emergency. it's Beta behavior to send u r mom or your sister alone to the food market but i think somali women's trend of Socializing and gossiping while shopping forced men to back off the scene

Trending