Official Thread: Somali City by Size

Holy Mogs the largest Somali city 106.05 SQ KM @Mckenzie @Loyan @embarassing :ohhhdamn:
e1ae488ca2.png

Holy Hargeysa 2nd 76.90 SQ KM
@Baboon @Factz :lawd:
a5d99566f7-1.png

Burco 3rd place 25.58 SQ KM @Fiidmeer :leon::mjohreally:
cc332ce3c5.png

Other Honorable mentions

Home city Laaska on the come up 8.36 SQ KM @Juuqbuuqluuq :obama:
cd3a76a901.png

Bossy Bosaaso at 14.46 SQ KM
@Tukraq :rejoice:
ebc0d6da6b.png

Garowe at 10.57 SQ KM:obama:
b25e1c299d.png

Mugdi Mudug Galkacyo 17.01 SQ KM
@Mckenzie :mjohreally:
4ba272681f.png

Kiss the ring Kismaayo @14.35 SQ KM@Ferrari @Teeri-Alpha :mjhaps::mjhaps::banderas:

59cd81683e.png

Boorame 11.90 SQ KM :krs::mjswag:
dd9be499bc.png

Burberry Berbera 9.26 SQ KM:ohreally::salute:
ce451a3a44.png

Last edited:
Dr Osman let us repounder your logics and mathematical methods. According to you Mogadishu has an area of 91 km2 and with a household of 8 people they have at maximum 1.6 Million citizens. So in other words: There are 17852 citizens/km2. Let us use the same method u used for xamar now for Puntland and SL.

PL: Area_PL= Bosaaso + Garoowe + Galkacyo (let's be generous and give you have of it) = 14.5+10.6+8.5= 33.6 km2

Citizens of Puntland's major cities:
33.6 × 17582 = 590,755 citizens

SL: Area_SL= Hargeysa+Burco+Berbera = 76.9 + 25.6+9.3= 111.8 km2

Citizens of SL's (only Isaaq) Major cities :
111.8 × 17582 = 1,965,667 citizens

:lolbron:

@DR OSMAN leave the heavy stuff you take. Af Soomaali tidho Majeerteen lagu kobcin kari maayo saaxib. "We wuz 99% Nomads and the other 5 Million hide in the Baadiye", is not scientific, it's just desperate bro.
:manny:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
90% are settled in Isaaq land. I have a booming ratio of 20% settled 80% unsettled. I don't want anything but the XAQ. I am not looking for tiro that isn't mine. But I won't accept 80% of my family on 'camels' are not counted and not sampled into the equation. The north has no unsettled population beyond the HAWD in Ethiopia, this is a fact and anyone who denies it PROVIDE a sample of a family anywhere in the north to show your city/rural ratio and u will see their numbers are all camped inside one 'xafaad'.

I will only accept 80% sample for me since I can prove it with my own family are unsettled. So any city figures for Puntland u need to equate 80% on top of that figure for the camel herders. If I don't get this, I reject any somali estimate as FAKE and only counting 20% of my population and representing it as my family size. f*ck U

I will only accept 1 million settlements, tuulos, major cities for Puntland. That's 20%. 80% 4 million in camels. 5 million and anything less is not being realistic. Isaaq only 1.5 million cause there is no sample they can provide of having family roaming on camels in the north.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
People take what I say wrong but use my mathamatics. Strange wallahi. You can claim larger cities then puntland but you only competing against 20% of our population and we still give you a run for your money. It's when 80% of our population is accounted you will see landslide in Puntland favor. We can use simple family samples for each town, city, village. For one tiny village in puntland that is 1000 people, you will need to account 4k immediately for rural since 20% settled and 80% unsettled is the ratio being used. But we need to use a different sample in villages, because it may be 99% unsettled and only 1% settled. U need real samples from the people, everything else is GUESSES and I am not taking guesses at all.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Then we need to account another sample for totally unsettled families. Their could be a dude in Somalia and saying I don't even have any families settled. But we need to verify that sample as true. We need to then work out population by the camel per qoys. If we have data from Bosaso port we can assume 20% of their livestock is being sold. This will give us a figure what their over-all livestock population is once you got a number to work with. I will do it later. But there is three types of population counts in Somalia that need to be satisfied.

1. City, village, Town counts. This must be given a ratio based on each regional government how many is settled and how many using different regional samples. If you can't prove your family live on camels within your borders, you will not be equated. Even if we do find out some live in camels, we will limit the estimate to the 'zone' since not all zones have camel herders or less of them like farming areas are notorious for no geeljire. City zones are clearly going to have less ratio of camel herders in terms of villages and tuulos. So the larger your town is, the smaller your miyi would be in comparison to a village or tuulo who would dedicate more people to camel living.

2. We need a count on unsettled population. Some dude and a whole zone could say we dont even settle. We need an averaging system based on livestock per family and working off livestock. Livestock will be used as HOUSES are used in cities. But you only counting 10 of my family members and saying my qoys is 10 people when I know it's not. f*ck YOU and if everyone around in my town is saying the same thing. Then we got serious problem of UNDER COUNTING clans.

3. Accuracy not Faan. U need limit the zone of the clan. For example hargeisa-burco-berbera is the zone. U ain't counting hawd waryaa. Then u go up livestock guy and say how many of your family live in city. U need to verify this. It could be an anomoly. So you ask 10 families and if you get the same ratio of them saying keligaygi ayaa badiyo joggo 95% magalada ku jiran. Hadee wax ka baxsan tiroyinka magalada uma tirin kartid iyo in yar oo fat ah 5% ah to represent that sample. But accuracy is the most important. Even for say an area around qardho-galkacyo-garowe which is highly nomadic, you have to get sample and say warheedhe meeqo miyi ku joggo qoyskaga. Hadu ku yirahdo war 90% of my family ayaa miyi fadhiyo oo in yar ba magaalo iga joggo. Hadee magaladasi 90% ayaa kor ku daraysa wixi townskasi laga tiriyo.

So if the miyi guys says 90% my family is here not in the town. Then u estimate the town, if its 10k, 40k miyi. if its 100k then 400k miyi. 1 million 4 million miyi. The number don't change, the ratio has been figured out. Tuulo to tuulo ayaa la aadaya, village to village. If he cant prove he has any miyi, that's it the estimation ends with how many houses exist. Plus we need an accurate representation of those somalis who have no family in cities, villages, towns. What is their ratio. Livestock count. Can we work out how much 1 camel ratio is 1 person.

What is the total of his camels? how much is sold in bosaso? so if he sells 20 camels a year per qoys you know that his ratio is 100 camels per qoys. So his only selling 20% of his livestock. So his livestock is only 20%. So u can figure out the overall livestock he has is 80 still. So it's up to Bosaso to tally up the livestock each year and say this is 20% of our livestock population. so if 200k camels went thru that year, the livestock population would be 800k in the nation. Marka halki qoys hadu 100 geel yahay iyo 1 million geel hisabisay. It's very straight forward number games.

I also suggest to stop 'trade' at Bosaso and Berbera. Bar Ethiopia and Bar Beletwayne and Galmudug. For the assessment of local miyi. No wardheer or Hawd allowed in. Puntland miyi vs Somaliland miyi. No dhulbahante or warsangeli allowed. COME ON GUYS WAKE UP. Then do the same to galmudug xaduudooda soo xir illa mamulka sheegayo vs puntland miyi oo mudug illa bari. If galmudug falls short add hirshabelle, if their still short to match us. Add all hawiye.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The bigger the city the harder to do because I'm more zoomed out. Mog city was hardest:manny:

All I said to you was I won't accept that you count hargeisa and waqoyi galbeed with 90% settled ratio against waqoyi bari with 20% settled ratio. Taas cidda yeesha ayaa doqon ah. That's like you telling me my family is only 10 people because their in a city, so I have to disregard my family who is numbered close to 50 since awoowahay intas buu dhalay, 50 way gaadhayan. But you don't count them but u will count them for isaaq because hal meel bay ku arursan yihin? war anagu hal meel nama deeqo. We would have 10 mogadishus

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Totally dishonest and not proper sampling in estimations if you only counting 10% of my family and counting 90% of another family because they all live within hargeisa. That's dishonest and shows inferiority levels. Why u fear my rural numbers? cause you fear my family sample, where-as your family sample won't have jack shit in waqoyi in camels. U run to hawd to move into waqoyi which will be stopped if a census is done to show u. That you only have 1000 people on camels lol.

SomaliMVP

Somali chauvinist
Everything @DR OSMAN says is unacademic and untrue. Most of the information and sources he receives comes from his father who sits in the internet café of Melbourne.

He should get his father here on Somalispot so that we can get the bullshit claims straight from the source.

:mjlol:

Trending