OFFICIAL Thread for IGAD Summit in Djibouti

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
What's IGAD?!!
Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) is an eight-country trade bloc in Africa. It includes governments from the Horn of Africa, Nile Valley and the African Great Lakes. Its headquarters are in Djibouti City.

The Intergovernmental Authority on Development was established in 1996. It succeeded the earlier Intergovernmental Authority on Drought and Development (IGADD), a multinational body founded in 1986 by Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, Uganda and Kenya, with a focus on development and environmental control. IGADD's headquarters were later moved to Djibouti, following an agreement signed in January 1986 by the member states. Eritrea joined the organization in 1993, upon achieving independence.

In April 1995, the Assembly of Heads of State and Government met in Addis Ababa, where they agreed to strengthen cooperation through the organization. This was followed with the signing of a Letter of Instrument to Amend the IGADD Charter / Agreement on 21 March 1996. The Revitalised IGAD, a new organizational structure, was eventually launched on 25 November 1996 in Djibout.

images - 2020-12-20T065023.359.jpeg
500px-IGAD.svg.png

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
This urgent IGAD session was convened at the request of Somali president Farmaajo after he sent a letter to Sudanese PM Hamdook.

Farmaajo accuses Kenya of engineering fallouts in the country citing the decision of Jubaland president Ahmed Madobe to renege on September pre-election deal where he demanded that the Federal government must withdraw troops from Gedo region.

Kenya has persistently denied the claims and insisted that it would Not 'retaliate' against Somalia. Nairobi promised to push for amicable solutions to the conflict while rising concerns about Somalia's 'premature' acts which 'risks' regional cohesion and and integration that has coexisted for decades.

Kenyatta was hesitant to participate the meeting for days but he met US officials in Nairobi yesterday and they urged him to attend the meeting.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Farmaajo in Djibouti as we speak.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I hope Kenya falls back and finally respects Somalia, we are a fragile nation emerging from decades long instability. We do not need any more hostilities and obstacles, it's not going to stop the progress, it's just slowing down the inevitable. I hope they realize their mistake :)

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
Kenya - Somalia
Djibouti - Eritrea
Ethiopia - Sudan
Uganda - Kenya
South Sudan - Kenya
Its about to goooo down

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Game time

I know farmajo is a pussy when his 4 year term he never went against uhuru in the ICJ case kept postponing it and changed the competent team.

So you think he found his courage now, with the relations cut with Kenya and their diplomats kicked out. :gaasdrink:

Game time

So you think he found his courage now, with the relations cut with Kenya and their diplomats kicked out. :gaasdrink:
Its a normal meeting.
I hope he will have the nerve to talk directly to Uhuru because seems like those that talk on behalf of his regimes are bots like you.

Janaan vs Farmajo reer diini regime
Sudan vs amxara/ENDF
ENDF/amxara vs TPLF
Amxara vs Afar
HOA is on 🔥. Will see how effective IGAD is.
65D82756-1325-4227-8E73-E625FAC636E2.jpeg

Trending