OFFICIAL SOMALILAND ELECTIONS 2021 THREAD

Who will get the majority?

• Total voters

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
HY can't wait much longer for one of their members to be SL president. I hope Bihi makes his chosen successor from within Kulmiye a HY man who'll become the party's leader and presidential candidate
I feel like Wadaani will win next election

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
I would politely disagree, Cirro looks weak in my eyes and soft in defending our country's independence. A strong HY person like Muj Ahmed Mire would be a better candidate for either Wadani or Kulmiye
I know but habar jeclo are flocking to wadaani now. Personally I would prefer Axmed Mire as he is a strong defender of SL. Cirro might give SL back to Farmaajo

@Gacanka Cadmeed but what if UCID makes a HY or HJ person their presidential candidate wouldn't that just split the opposition and help Bihi. Remember the winner just needs to come first even if he gets less than 50% of the votes cast (first past the post)

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
The non isaaq voters always break the deadlock depending on which party wins.

Eastern Sool and Western Awdal.

As the vote is close in the 3 main cities, whoever gets the biggest chunk.

But this is a local election so votes only count per area

Reborn
This would mean around 75% of the election budget is covered by the state.This is the highest proportion I believe so far which is a extremely positive sign.

All they need to do now is to also invest in promo videos explaining the electorate and also past elections in English and start an online campaign with #SomalilandElects

Great idea mate. I see that hashtag starting to trend on Somaliland Twitter

That won't ever happen within the existing parties.New party registrations are next year which gives a chance for a fresh face.

But how would the new three political parties be chosen when renewal happens? I don't think any election would take place next year since I suspect President Bihi will extend his term by one or two years

Reborn
But how would the new three political parties be chosen when renewal happens? I don't think any election would take place next year since I suspect President Bihi will extend his term by one or two years

The last time it was run within the local council elections in 2012.
This paper below covers the details if you are interested.

I don't think the Guurti will extend Bihi tenure as unlike before with Silaanyo there won't be any droughts inshaaAllah.To extend the term there has to be a legitimate reason which the guurti will pass which I doubt will bear fruit. Plus the world is now watching more closely and the opposition parties are more mobilised so any act will face a big backlash with protests.

There should be two votes next year. First the presidential election in which only the three current political parties take part and second a separate vote to solely decide on a nationwide basis the three new parties for the next coming decade

I think if the opposition combined wins the majority of seats in the parliamentary election then I would like the Kulmiye government to invite one of the other two parties into government and give some ministries to them @Wir

Trending