OFFICIAL SOMALILAND ELECTIONS 2021 THREAD

Who will get the majority?

• Total voters
I think it's like every 10 years there are elections for political parties as the constitution only allows for 3.This video below explains the political landscape.

Thanks for showing that video, really needed it. It gave a nice run down on its political history and how it works :silanyosmile:

When presidential and parliamentary elections happen in different times in a country that has a presidential system such as SL what really changes after a parliamentary election regardless of the result if the current government remains in place until its term ends at a later date? I prefer a hybrid system that is half presidential and half parliamentary @Wir @Gucci mane

Som

VIP
I know none of those parties are unionists so I will ask which one hates somalia the least and which one is open to a dialogue with the federal government to peacefully arrange the separation between SL and Somalia?

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
I know none of those parties are unionists so I will ask which one hates somalia the least and which one is open to a dialogue with the federal government to peacefully arrange the separation between SL and Somalia?

They're all for co-optation as long as our independence of respected and recognised.

All parties have a policy that once recognised.

Muse Bihi had a whole interview on Universal TV on how he loves Somali Unity among people but still being separate countries. Somaliland has been apart longer than its been United - Mog just needs to accept it but having people in xamar there for show only creates further animosity.

Somaliland hasn't been involved in any political process since 1991

Anyone who would care for the people's needs. It's been long due. The Politicians need to think of their children's future and the society as a whole.

Reer Hargeysa, Burco and Berbera need to be inclusive specially Habar Awal. We all know what Muuse Biixi did to Kulmiye. It went from inclusive party to exclusive Habar Awal party.

Somaliland election registration summary:

6 Electoral Regions

23 Electoral District

1642 Polling Stations

1,297,838 Registered Voters

3 Political Parties

246 Parliamentary Candidates competing for 82 seats nationwide

750 Local council candidates competing for 250 seats nationwide

:salute:

Last edited:
I love my HJ people but Somaliland politics really may become even more stable if Kulmiye was based on a new jeegaan of Sacad Muuse and Habar Yonis

Trending

Latest posts