OFFICIAL NBA THREAD

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
The draft is tomorrow. Looks like Raptors are set for the future regardless of what happens with the draft. Can’t wait for a crazy 4 team trade tomorrow

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
:farmajoyaab: Did you see who we got? I sure hope he turns out to be a great player. This means Fred Gary Trent backcourt. Natural point guard and natural shooting guard. Barnes at the 4, OG at 3 and pascal in GSW??
Put Barnes at the one, he’s the player people that Ben Simmons would be. Adding him to the raptors will make you guys top 10 defense by next year for sure.

I really hope this doesn’t come back to bite us. He is a project player, not a win now type like Suggs. This means Raptors are middle of the pack at best next two years. After spending a cursed season in Florida this is what we get
I still remember Raptors fans crying about Masai taking Siakam over Skal and Deyonta Davis, and 2 years later it wasn't even close

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
I still remember Raptors fans crying about Masai taking Siakam over Skal and Deyonta Davis, and 2 years later it wasn't even close
My fear is that he won’t contribute right away. He might spend the season in the G league when we lost to teams like Houston and OKC to get a high draft pick.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Maybe we have a trade lined up. OG and Pascal also play the same SF/PF position. Doesn't make sense to have all 3.
At this point we better overpay for Jarrett Allen since we missed out on Mobley. Sign Gary Trent Jr. for 18m per year, sign and trade Lowry and pick up some depth pieces.

The original plan was to package 4th pick with players for a superstar but the backup plan now is to go through a few years of “growing pains”,young team getting bounced out in the 1st round multiple years. That’s why I hate this, especially since we have proven championship players on this team