Noticed This NEW Trend in Young Somali Couples?

One thing i admire about pakis and indians in UK......even their parents are born here and they speak their language. they even shame the ones who dont. Families goes over their way to teach their language and culture. A timo jilic can be in uk hundreds of years he is still timo jilic

So, you managed to acquire the language through your friends who were fluent and spoke to you in it. Knowing Somali or not in adulthood was never an issue for our parents generation. My mother recalls a Somali woman born in Arabta that didn't speak Somali until her mid-20s (when she got married). We need to stop with this holier than thou mentality. Assuming ourselves to be better for having greater facility in the language. A language that can be learned.
But the older you are the harder it gets and the harder it gets to be motivated

Apollo

VIP
One thing i admire about pakis and indians in UK......even their parents are born here and they speak their language. they even shame the ones who dont. Families goes over their way to teach their language and culture. A timo jilic can be in uk hundreds of years he is still timo jilic

Some third generation Hispanics are losing their ability to speak Spanish, even though they are laandheer as hell in the US.

My parents weren't fluent in English that's why I know it fluently, I don't wanna be with someone that doesn't speak the language.

It’s rare to find a Somali who doesn’t speak it fluently or near fluent in the Uk. But I kinda get what you mean when I started interacting with other diasporas :oops:
Met hella that couldn't speak Somali but were the biggest nationalists. Kinda embarrassing

German & Italian Americans simply boosted the number of 'Anglo-Americans'. Anglo-American being a White American that speaks English as their First Language.

Last edited:
Qabilists who can't speak Somali are mentally ill. How does that even work :mjlol:
I met this girl the biggest tribalist I've seen, say something Abt her qabil and she'll call u all sorts of degrading shit. Af Somali was zero wallahi. Can't speak it to save her life wallahi. She's super insecure abt it too. Whenever she moving mad, I remind she can't speak Somali and she should take 1000 seats before I qarxised her to her fkd ops. It always worked.
:chrisfreshhah:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
But the older you are the harder it gets and the harder it gets to be motivated

:manny: If one has had access to uninterrupted formal education for several years than learning a new language isn't impossible. You already have built a foundation for learning period. All you need is the motivation and the means to achieve it. I find the biggest issue with language learning is having vague goals. I promise you; you won't learn just from proclaiming you wish to speak the language. And generally, if you know between 500-1500 commonly used words in a language you should be fine. The biggest issue with Somali is it's not as formalized as other languages that have an A1 - C2 proficiency. Nor is the language widely spoken (outside of Somali households) and in largely Somali Inhabited zones/areas. There aren't many institutions to mediate instruction unless you hire a tutor (online) or get a learned relative or friend to teach you.

Apollo

VIP
Right, the older u get the harder it is to learn a language. Can u believe I learnt 3 languages simultaneously when I was 10.

Getting pronunciation right in a new language is the hardest thing with language learning while older, but you can continue to learn vocabulary all your life.

Trending