Noticed This NEW Trend in Young Somali Couples?

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Where one partner (husband/wife) is fluent in af somali while the other one is not.

Ideally speaking, it would be easier for those who speak good af somali to get along with their counterparts and vice versa. Or is this some law of polarity fetish?

source (2).gif

EL LEETO

The all father,CEO of 2 fortune 500 companies
Where one partner (husband/wife) is fluent in af somali while the other one is not.

Ideally speaking, it would be easier for those who speak good af somali to get along with their counterparts and vice versa. Or is this some law of polarity fetish?

View attachment 105076
This phenomenon is the law of Leeto
1. Fluent somali
2. Those who aspire to speak fluent somali

2. Seeks marriage with 1 either cause of pressure from parents/religion, learns a bit of somali often enough for small talk then thinks they are set for life.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
opposite attract. Its the law of attraction. Each wants what the other have for validation

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
@Basra Usually I'll mix up english and somali when speaking. However, I can understand 95% of it and also can read and write short sentences and phrases. So I consider myself fluent?

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
It’s a form of cultural preservation. In theory the Somali speaking individual will pass down the Lingua to the children and it enables the non fluent partner to improve their skills.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I've met two Somalis around my age who were born and bred in the west (like myself). One speaks minimal Somali the other barely speaks it at all and they have kids (third generation). It's very easy to brush those without a strong grasp of their mother tongue to the side but that won't help. Language is something that one can acquire even when older. The question you should ask is if the person is willing to commit themselves to intensive study in Somali language. And, also ask how one can expect to accomplish this feat (especially with limited tools and resources). Some people did not have the luxury of growing up with their grandparents and their parents are fluent in English. They might have spoken to them more in the host country language than their native one. Also, it’s very easy to use English as a backup or default. Each person is dealt a different hand and when Somalis encourage ajnabis to speak the language but criticize those who are second generation Somalis for not speaking their language or trying to learn it, that’s just sad. Sorry if this was a minor deviation from the topic. I felt it needed to be said.

I've met two Somalis around my age who were born and bred in the west (like myself). One speaks minimal Somali the other barely speaks it at all and they have kids (third generation). It's very easy to brush those without a strong grasp of their mother tongue to the side but that won't help. Language is something that one can acquire even when older. The question you should ask is if the person is willing to commit themselves to intensive study in Somali language. And, also ask how one can expect to accomplish this feat (especially with limited tools and resources). Some people did not have the luxury of growing up with their grandparents and their parents are fluent in English. They might have spoken to them more in the host country language than their native one. Also, it’s very easy to use English as a backup or default. Each person is dealt a different hand and when Somalis encourage ajnabis to speak the language but criticize those who are second generation Somalis for not speaking their language or trying to learn it, that’s just sad. Sorry if this was a minor deviation from the topic. I felt it needed to be said.
My parents like most somalis never put any effort in teaching me somali. By my teens I spoke very limited somali. Luckily I had friends who were fluent and it inspired me to learn and as we spoke somali most of the time. naturally my Somali improved a lot. But without language its easy to lose connection to your people. language is what connects us

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Broken Somali in a diaspora Somali girl is sexy.
It’s rare to find a Somali who doesn’t speak it fluently or near fluent in the Uk. But I kinda get what you mean when I started interacting with other diasporas :oops:

It’s rare to find a Somali who doesn’t speak it fluently or near fluent in the Uk. But I kinda get what you mean when I started interacting with other diasporas :oops:
Why do you think that is and what is the age group younger people are speaking shit somali.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
My parents like most somalis never put any effort in teaching me somali. By my teens I spoke very limited somali. Luckily I had friends who were fluent and it inspired me to learn and as we spoke somali most of the time. naturally my Somali improved a lot. But without language its easy to lose connection to your people. language is what connects us

Can u speak in a Jamaican tongue?

VIP

Yup I've noticed from social media UK Somalis have a good grasp of the language. Only thing I like about y'all

The young Somalis here in Canada are finished in that department lmao

Trending