Noticed This NEW Trend in Young Somali Couples?

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Why do you think that is and what is the age group younger people are speaking shit somali.
It’s people in their 20s from my personal experience since that’s my age group. Most of them cite the reason as parents allowing them to speak back in English or even encouraging them to speak only English. They tend to mainly be North American where the culture is to fit in

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Yup I've noticed from social media UK Somalis have a good grasp of the language. Only thing I like about y'all

The young Somalis here in Canada are finished in that department lmao

Well Canadian Somalis have a longer history in the west than say the fobs in the UK. Canadians Somalis, it is possible their parents were born in Canada

Macalin M

Out here
Why do you think that is and what is the age group younger people are speaking shit somali.
I think it’s because round here people rep their country. None of us feel English except the English. Only Nigerians, I have seen that don’t know their language that much but they still know their culture

Basic

VIP
Well Canadian Somalis have a longer history in the west than say the fobs in the UK. Canadians Somalis, it is possible their parents were born in Canada
@Basra UK is the oldest diaspora in the west. Plus the only diaspora that doesn’t accept fobs since immigration is strict here

Macalin M

Out here
@Basra UK is the oldest diaspora in the west. Plus the only diaspora that doesn’t accept fobs since immigration is strict here
Abaayo we can easily bypass that though. Most of the recent Somalis (including me) quickly migrated here after coming to Netherlands, Belgium and Scandinavia

VIP

I assure you there isn't one Canadian Somali with parents born here lol. I'm only talking about the ones born and/or raised in the west btw. I know reer uk are a highly problematic bunch, but let's give credit where it's due.

Basic

VIP
I assure you there isn't one Canadian Somali with parents born here lol. I'm only talking about the ones born and/or raised in the west btw. I know reer uk are a highly problematic bunch, but let's give credit where it's due.
Aren’t we all highly problematic, sweet :mjpls: :wow:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Ok then. I give credit where Canadian be drinking Hennessy more than any other fobs! WHY????

Basic

VIP
Abaayo we can easily bypass that though. Most of the recent Somalis (including me) quickly migrated here after coming to Netherlands, Belgium and Scandinavia
Yes the infamous secondary migration in the early 2000s. :mjkkk:

Apollo

VIP
Most Italian Americans are no longer able to speak Italian. Even the full blood ones.

I wonder what 4th generation Western Somalis will be like when it comes to the Somali language.

Basic

VIP
Most Italian Americans are no longer able to speak Italian. Even the full blood ones.

I wonder what 4th generation Western Somalis will be like when it comes to the Somali language.
I don’t think there’s any pure Italian Americans left. Most of them mixed heavy with other cadaans and are only Italian by surname :dead:

Apollo

VIP
I don’t think there’s any pure Italian Americans left. Most of them mixed with other cadaans and are only Italian by surname :dead:

There are still quite a lot of them, especially in the Northeast area.

That famous Dr. Fauci (who is on the news a lot lately) is completely Italian, yet he doesn't speak it.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
My parents like most somalis never put any effort in teaching me somali. By my teens I spoke very limited somali. Luckily I had friends who were fluent and it inspired me to learn and as we spoke somali most of the time. naturally my Somali improved a lot. But without language its easy to lose connection to your people. language is what connects us

So, you managed to acquire the language through your friends who were fluent and spoke to you in it. Knowing Somali or not in adulthood was never an issue for our parents generation. My mother recalls a Somali woman born in Arabta that didn't speak Somali until her mid-20s (when she got married). We need to stop with this holier than thou mentality. Assuming ourselves to be better for having greater facility in the language. A language that can be learned.

Trending

Latest posts