Nonconsensual Deepfakes

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I remember there was a case of a woman's likeness used in years ago before this deepfake thing popped off. She couldn't do anything about it since it appeared everywhere. The police were very useless. That's an important thing to be stated. The local law enforcement is severely inept in all cyber aspects. The tech-savvy nerds also know how to use diverse platforms making it very difficult to take down videos. They spend a month taking down one and then ten pop up somewhere else.

That's the problem with these criminals. They are too good at this computer shit. It's a problem that will increase. In response, the internet will become more authoritarian because organizational unions will set legislation to restrict, police, scrutinize, and spread their regulatory tentacles everywhere to limit the freedoms we have right now. It will turn increasingly authoritarian.

The decentralized aspects of the World Wide Web are slowly getting centralized through state actors. They will create a bunch of rules that probably can't even stop these cyber crimes. Tech nerds adopt new ways to maneuver away from these slow regulations.

Things will become more degenerate and unsafe by people adaptable to a more novel pathological sophisticated algorithmic internet but at the same time, you will have the state breathing down the average Joe's neck.

C'est la vie.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I remember there was a case of a woman's likeness used in years ago before this deepfake thing popped off. She couldn't do anything about it since it appeared everywhere. The police were very useless. That's an important thing to be stated. The local law enforcement is severely inept in all cyber aspects. The tech-savvy nerds also know how to use diverse platforms making it very difficult to take down videos. They spend a month taking down one and then ten pop up somewhere else.

That's the problem with these criminals. They are too good at this computer shit. It's a problem that will increase. In response, the internet will become more authoritarian because organizational unions will set legislation to restrict, police, scrutinize, and spread their regulatory tentacles everywhere to limit the freedoms we have right now. It will turn increasingly authoritarian.

The decentralized aspects of the World Wide Web are slowly getting centralized through state actors. They will create a bunch of rules that probably can't even stop these cyber crimes. Tech nerds adopt new ways to maneuver away from these slow regulations.

Things will become more degenerate and unsafe by people adaptable to a more novel pathological sophisticated algorithmic internet but at the same time, you will have the state breathing down the average Joe's neck.

C'est la vie.

I agree. If everything becomes so centrally digitized, you are in a victimized position if the system wants to shut you down. In my current life, I have lived cashless for years (I can't recall the last time I had bank notes). However, it would be very problematic if people wanted to remove the cash-based currency systems. Physical wealth is an effective way to individualize independence or strengthen autonomy through interdependence. If they take that away from the average citizen and freeze banks -- suddenly, you have no way to maneuver financially. All this can lead to an episode of Black Mirror.

We are between a rock and a hard place regarding monetary systems and their trajectories. Physical material conditions are how financial instruments measure their economic weight and value, all on the relativistic, relational ground between the interplay of micro-units to a complex macro picture toward layered ordered flows. Fundamentally, we define market landscapes by the physical value-anchors that humans set notions of "worth" on with their physical and financial logistics to surround and carry that affair.

On the other hand, we can see the need for a new type of innovation in the market infrastructure. Can we get an economy less reliant on physical anchors? Not Block-chain (block-chain can become differentially integrated as an instrument to guide decentralized parts in fascinating ways but cannot define a whole market, in my opinion). I think this can go towards many trajectories.

Yet, as of today, the market nature as the traditional economy functions framework giving platforms for humans to do basic things has existed forever, providing efficiency to larger-scale systemic infrastructures, partly led by state-led measures.

The modern population-based understanding of participation is a neglected part of these internet platforms. We have vague notions such as "human rights," "freedom of speech," etc. But they are not definitive due to constant oversights and the non-existent contracting of those liberal ideals into practice (concordant with externalized-internalized imperialistic power-ideology - it's not real outside this, and the official notion does not exist). There are ways to guarantee leverage to the average individual regulated and validated by new forms of institutions. This, however, is not something I think would pass because it would be seen as disruptive to state and market nature, and current state actors probably don't want a new powerful organ existing. And a lot of power would have to be given to those institutions at the cost of the state plans and the current corporate business world.

I think you should check out this video up to 14:25 if you want to gauge the macro digital picture of where Europe is between America and China:

Trending