LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
We don't care dear Gallantly Gadabuursi, the most atrocious qabil from Djibouti

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
My dear Kane-- r u Gardubisii? Agaah :chrisfreshhah:
Basra, as always, you're divisive for no reason. And the Queen of derailment. If you want a clan discussion, go to FKD or politics.
They target successful women in the public space. A health and lifestyle podcaster was crying about how a deepfake was tarnishing her brand..
You would think it would be limited to public figures, but this has happened to millions of women. Many of which don't have large social media followings.
:stressed:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NidarNidar

Punisher
It's going get a lot worse, in the next 10-15 years you won't be able to tell what is real or not, I work in the ICT industry, wait until cameras in real-time identify you at every intersection, follow you, and this information gets sold.

Wait until targeted ads get sent to your devices, you talked about getting your cat new toys in a mall? that information will be sold to some company that will buy your online profile for pennies and sell targeted adverts to you.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It's going get a lot worse, in the next 10-15 years you won't be able to tell what is real or not, I work in the ICT industry, wait until cameras in real-time identify you at every intersection, follow you, and this information gets sold.

Wait until targeted ads get sent to your devices, you talked about getting your cat new toys in a mall? that information will be sold to some company that will buy your online profile for pennies and sell targeted adverts to you.
I know the lines between reality and artificiality are narrowing. I think the potentiality for exploitation is what scares us most (be it for scams, blackmail or vice). In this case, what seemed out of reach for many is more accessible, and the law(s) to curtail its use cannot be created or adapted fast enough.

NidarNidar

Punisher
I know the lines between reality and artificiality are narrowing. I think the potentiality for exploitation is what scares us most (be it for scams, blackmail or vice). In this case, what seemed out of reach for many is more accessible, and the law(s) to curtail its use cannot be created or adapted fast enough.
Due to my work, I've gotten cyber security certs done, some of the lectures I've gone to have been dystopian, some of the stuff we talked about is becoming commercially available, AI voices etc... soon deep fake video calls.

We already have deep fake scam calls, fake kidnappings will be next, and these scams will be huge due to the computer illiterate older generation.

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
@NidarNidar There is a great British TV-show called The Capture about an innocent soldier getting framed through Ai manipulated CCTV, its one of the best shows I have seen from the UK.

this is a nightmare, imagine your entire life falling apart due to fakes
The worst part is there is nothing we can do about it. All they need is a clear enough image of your face to ruin your life. This is why I don't post on social media and all my accounts are private. Its already happened in Spain recently I believe. Some schoolgirls had their faces copied from their social media and turned into deepfake p0rn0graphy by their own classmates. Deeply traumatized them.

Stuff like this is why I recommend that women don't post their faces on social media. Obviously, you can still use social media, just be careful to not upload any pictures or information that can be traced back to you and you should also keep your accounts private. All it takes is one creep with some free time.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Due to my work, I've gotten cyber security certs done, some of the lectures I've gone to have been dystopian, some of the stuff we talked about is becoming commercially available, AI voices etc... soon deep fake video calls.

We already have deep fake scam calls, fake kidnappings will be next, and these scams will be huge due to the computer illiterate older generation.
this is a nightmare, imagine your entire life falling apart due to fakes
The worst part is there is nothing we can do about it. All they need is a clear enough image of your face to ruin your life. This is why I don't post on social media and all my accounts are private. Its already happened in Spain recently I believe. Some schoolgirls had their faces copied from their social media and turned into deepfake p0rn0graphy by their own classmates. Deeply traumatized them.

Stuff like this is why I recommend that women don't post their faces on social media. Obviously, you can still use social media, just be careful to not upload any pictures or information that can be traced back to you and you should also keep your accounts private. All it takes is one creep with some free time.

Trending